PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Next X-mag/E-mag feature...

joeyjoe367
11-13-2002, 01:12 AM
how about a built-in chronograph? Have it gather information from your shots, download it to a Computer/PDA and check out your velocity consistancy.

That'd make identifying and fine-tuning consistancy pretty easy, and you could do it While you play :)

...i dunno.. probably not the best idea, but what the heck, eh? :D

Automaggin2
11-13-2002, 09:48 AM
That would be very expensive and probably hard. You would have to put the chrono under the barrel somehow. if you have a long barrel, i dont see how it would work. The chrno needs to be about 3-6 inches away from the tip of the barrel. You cant mesaure velocity until the ball leaves the barrel.

magman007
11-13-2002, 11:37 AM
there already is a barrel chrono... its made by vewloader, and it is called the vlocity... there supposed to be nice when they work...

any ways, who would use this stuff? it just seems like another pawn off of the IR3.... something we dont want to do. No one ever really uses their e-mags led display any ways....

Fine tuning? well they could add dwell settings and such, but that is a hassle and not needed. all the mag really needs is a turn here, and an o-ring there, and your set to go

darklord
11-13-2002, 03:59 PM
yea Joe, that sounds to me like a WDP idea than one for AGD... plus, if it were to cost as much as a chrono, why would I want it? With a hand held chrono I can test the velocities of a number of different markers, not just one.

Rynoboy06
11-13-2002, 04:09 PM
First, we need them to actually get us some extremes. Then, how about we get started on a real on-off switch while getting rid of the plastic thing altogether, better grips, tl63 or similar blade trigger optional, half-sized battery pack, angel threaded feed neck, etc. Those are all pretty practical items. In terms of cost, buying a handheld chrono will serve best here. An integrated chrono is not possible/practical at this time, at least not using any conventional technique I am aware of. I much prefer to have no extra electrical components to my markers. I'd rather not have the LED anyway, to be honest.

56kSomeGuy
11-13-2002, 05:00 PM
"Everything should be as simple as possible and no simpler" quote: Einstein

Yes simpler is better but it would be nice if the e-mag did come with some extras which were useless just like the angel like a lcd, programing that talks to you, link via beam from palm portable computer, fancy lights that light up, and maybe some nice wrap around grips that do not make the grip huge. These things would not make the gun super expensive look at the ir3 only about 1,300 new )with all these features listed above some upgrades) which the extreams will cost when they are released. I still love my micro-e but i would love some more features(i like high tech stuff :) )

joeyjoe367
11-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Well, my idea got shot down pretty good eh? :)

I figured that it would be good to have this, so that you can show how fast you were shooting IN a game.

So if you come off the field, and get penalized for shooting hot, you can show them, that you were, in fact, shooting within the limit durring the game.

It's my understanding that these sort of things happen. An alarm going off telling you that you're shooting too hot could prove useful.

...maybe this'll be for our next-gen X-mag... Of course that X-mag would also have heat-seeking paintballs and auto-targeting systems :P

Kevmaster
11-13-2002, 11:05 PM
as maggin said, you can do it for around $50. the VLocity is sold for around $50 and screws onto your barrel. it has two lazers that measure the time between them, and can measure the velocity based on the time. works great if you can get your VLocity aligned properly on the barrel

joeyjoe367
11-14-2002, 12:03 AM
I actually have one, but the point of having one built into the gun is so that you can download it to a PDA or Computer and so you can graph all your shot strings.

perhaps a timer could put in a timestamp so that you can tell if you're getting shootdown/shootup and how bad it is after a game.