PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Magnetic Trigger Return Reduction

MrShield
11-13-2002, 02:55 AM
I don't know if anyone else had noted this, or has come up with a similar solution, but this is what I did with my E-Mag to fix the return pull of the magnet on the trigger. To begin I found that the single magnet pull on the E-Mag trigger a little heavy compared to a cheaper gun like the Black Dragun by M3. My friend and I can really get on one of these guns, the trigger is loose and free moving with no spring and only has the resistance of the micro switch. I was a little disconcerted to find I could not make my trigger pull so light and as smooth as that particular trigger, I mean for instance you can find a balancing position on the gun where the slight recoil of the gun will make your finger slightly tap the micro switch and cause extremely rapid fire. I found reducing the magnet on my Mag to just one was still making this a problem to really get on the gun as much as I would have liked, so thinking back to simple physics dealing with magnetic fields, which simply states that the farther you move away the magnet from the source your trying to attract the weaker the interaction and the lighter the opposing force to separate the two again, hence my solution. I simply used a small diameter hole punch to punch a good number of paper discs, which I then stacked one at a time and replaced the single magnet on top of that till I found the trigger pull I liked, I then applied a small amount of glue to stacked discs so the magnet could not slide between them and replaced them after they dried into the magnet holding slot in the body. This is a simple, incredibly easy, and cheap solution to significantly reducing the magnetic trigger return strength on an E-Mag.

Havoc_online
11-13-2002, 03:04 AM
first, Welcome to AO:)

secondly, you can use a quad o'ring as a spacer for the magnet, it'll feel nice. do you know how to adjust the pull length?

finally, where from Tx are you?

MrShield
11-13-2002, 03:42 AM
I am from San Antonio, and I like how precise you make the trigger adjustment with the thinner paper, you can literally drop a hair on my trigger and make it fire quite easily. I love 1/r^2 rule. I do not know how to fully adjust the trigger pull to be shorter, I don't have the Emag video, however I intend to figure it out. Any advice on a simple easy way would be appreciated.

Havoc_online
11-13-2002, 04:06 AM
Call AGD and they will send you a video.

the easy way to shorten your trigger pull...

take off your body and rail, put the marker in safety with the selector switch pointing down in Emode. The top of the selector switch will have a hole, use an allen wrench to adjust how far back you want the trigger to move. do this with the marker on. Make sure you here the solenoid clicking. leave a little play past the point that the hall effects sensor sees the trigger so that the pull is reliable. air up the marker and see if you like it.

Where do you play at? ever been to Petty's?