PDA

View Full Version : Serious question for E-mag owners that used to own RT's

Termite
11-13-2002, 12:09 PM
If you have been using your e-mag for a while and you used to (or still do) own a RT. Do you think that an E-mag is worth the extra $$$ for a rec player (some small 3-mans). I'm going to put the super bolt in my RT and I just can't see having an E-mag giving me all that much of an advantage. I can out shoot a revy easly with my RT and with the super bolt don't have to worry about too much broken paint. I'm just looking for some honest opinions.

Termite

SGTKennedy
11-13-2002, 12:20 PM
i used to have an old school rt. i had the extra cash to pick up the emag, the magnet trigger is great. i reccomend the emag to anyone and everyone.
does it make youre game $400 better? no. do i regret buying it? no.

Termite
11-13-2002, 01:43 PM
That is what I needed to know. I'd just as soon spend the money on paint. When I used to travel and play tourneys a lot, it would be a different story. Thanks

Termite

joeyjoe367
11-13-2002, 01:48 PM
I've shot an E-mag before, and I think I like my RT Better :)

Hybrid mode is cool and all, and the magnet trigger is nice, but I don't think I'm ready to spend the extra money for it. I also out shoot my hopper, and with lvl 10, I hardly break paint.

Personally, I'm going to wait for an extreem... THat might be a while, but I don't exactly mind :)

cphilip
11-13-2002, 02:14 PM
get em both. I love the RTP for the rain. And the Emag for the Trigger. Both great markers. Why get em both? Cause it makes you happy!

Termite
11-13-2002, 02:22 PM
LOL.....
Thats true but they won't make my wife happy:D

Termite

Jay
11-13-2002, 02:42 PM
A member on our team uses his RT over the Emag and I know that one of the AGD Lions still uses his RT over the Emag. So if you are comfortable with your RT and dont have extra money to spend I'd stick with it.
Maybe sometime in the future you will have extra money for that Emag!!

Havoc_online
11-13-2002, 03:01 PM
Thats true but they won't make my wife happy get her to play with the RT while you play with the Emag! Another thing for the both of you to do together:)

Emag's are great for snap shooting. Sure it can be done with an RT but not as easily.

boomerfoxtrot
11-14-2002, 12:48 PM
you ask me, it's worth the extra money...

but if you never play outside of Rec, then what good is it to have the best of the best when it comes to guns..?

kinda like owning a race car and never racing it...

buy the emag... and start playing more tournys =]

then you get the best of both worlds!-)

shartley
11-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by boomerfoxtrot
you ask me, it's worth the extra money...

but if you never play outside of Rec, then what good is it to have the best of the best when it comes to guns..?

kinda like owning a race car and never racing it...

buy the emag... and start playing more tournys =]

then you get the best of both worlds!-)
Well.... some folks like owning the best of the best just to own it.

I also own expencive pool cues, but I don't play billiards professionally..... so, why should I own them, right? ;)

The reasons why people buy the best is seldom because they can "use it to its full potential", but for other reasons. But that being said.... what do you do in a Tourny that you don't do while playing Rec Ball? ;)

Yes, it may be worth the extra money, but not because you either play Rec or Tourneys... but because it simply IS. :D

Termite
11-15-2002, 09:49 AM
I guess it depends on what you like. I own a Viking so I have an e-trigger that does shoot fast.....but still chops paint from time to time. I used to play a lot of tourneys, I don't anymore for many reasons that I won't elaborate on. However when I played a lot of tourneys my biggest concern was breaking paint, if you can't shoot straight, you can't hit much. I'll attempt to list the reasons I like a LvL 10 RT over any electronic marker.

Pro's of any LvL 10 RT over ANY Electronic marker

- NO batteries (except in loader)
- NO wires to come loose, short out ect.
- NO selinoids to clog, blow, or just stop working
- Lighter than most
- Ability to cycle faster than most (26+ cps) (cycles per sec)
- NO breach chopping (yes you will have an occasional ball break, I know that, however it is reduced to the very min)
- Smaller profile
- Most normal fixes can be done in less than 10 min with a parts kit.

My primary reasons for buying an e-marker were to increase my fire power (I pull the trigger VERY slow) and decrease paint breakage. Now it seems that I'm getting the very best of both worlds in a simple easy to understand/fix package.
I have realy only made most of these observations since this post started. Feel free to add more if you wish.

Now the only thing I'm waiting for is an Extreme RT (non-electronic) to come out. Now that would be AWSOME!

Termite

bofh
11-15-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by shartley
But that being said.... what do you do in a Tourny that you don't do while playing Rec Ball? ;)

Well, personally, I don't bunker people in rec ball. :)

Termite, you do know that e-mag is an RT pro, that can be converted to RT mode with a flick of a switch? Same RT valve, same o-rings, same Level 10. With a flick of a switch near the safety, it actually goes back to mechanical firing mode. Best... thing... ever.... :)

shartley
11-15-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by bofh
Well, personally, I don't bunker people in rec ball. :)

Well... I never used to either until I realized that I had two choices....

1) Hope they surrendered and did not shoot me while I was being "nice" by not bunkering them....

2) Bunker them but not overshoot them.

It only took one time getting shot while trying to offer a surrender for me to realize that it is better to put paint on them than for me to be "nice" and have them put paint on ME. :D You just can't trust the skill levels and "knowledge" of every Rec player, and even less so in the heat of a game. ;)

toymyster
11-15-2002, 02:54 PM
I love my E-mag, and sometimes I do feel the E-mags, along with other high end electronic markers are a bit overkill for the average rec game!!! I think E-mags and such are more of a tourney gun that rec, but that's just me!!! Of course, that never stopped me from playing rec with mine!!!
Also, unless I'm running up on a little kid, I do bunker in rec ball, no questions, no chances, 3 shot per person!!!