PDA

View Full Version : shipping to canada

bigdawg_69
11-13-2002, 05:35 PM
just wonderin how long it takes to get stuff in from the states. cause its goin on the thrid week for me. the sellers a great guy and theres no chance he would rip me but just wonderin how long customs can hold it.

yeahthatsme
11-13-2002, 05:54 PM
they will hold it for however long they need to. i would give it another week or so then talk to the seller.

Duke Henry
11-13-2002, 05:58 PM
Who is the carrier? If UPS or FedEX, you can probably enter the tracking number and you will know exactly where it is.

If you shipped USPS/Canada Post: good luck. They won't even be able to find it for you. You'll just have to wait for it to show up.

Dragoon
11-13-2002, 06:34 PM
For the items I've received I've found that:

2 weeks is good
3 weeks okay but I tended to worry
4 weeks hasn't yet happened.

Keep in mind that if your parcel has been pulled aside by customs, they can easily hold onto it for several weeks.

Try having it tracked. If it was pulled by customs the shipping company can usually tell you.

Hope this helps.

Douglas

bigdawg_69
11-13-2002, 06:40 PM
how can i tell if customs have pulled it aside

IAMJaws
11-13-2002, 07:40 PM
I had a phantom shipped to me via canada post from Cali, and it was here in two weeks

Army
11-13-2002, 08:27 PM
Also, if you insured it for too much (over $30) Customs will assess a tax on the reciever of the package. If that party turns it back, your package can be in limbo for a while. USPS overnight will get it there in a week BTW, and you can track it too.

bigstino
11-13-2002, 09:16 PM
yo steve, my dad lives in the states so i know about shipping and *EDIT* You are new, so I won't beat you too fiercely. Do not cuss here, we have a PG13 site and intend to enforce it that way. Army .. I shipped my boomy directly to canada... i think it was the same agent that almost arrested us for having a greencard even though i moved back to canada (lol).... The barrel took 4 weeks to ship from ILINOIS and we had to pay duties.... Well actualy i wouldnt call it shipped because we had to go to the sarnia border and take it... I dont know if that would ever happen again but u never know. My dad lives in rochester hills so if u want to u can ship it to his place, but only if u want...

ps the border sucks, they once pulled me and my dad over and asked us the stupidous questions like "Do u folow allah" (spelling) and all these dumb questions asking us if we are terrorists..

me -"uh were not middle eastern, wre italian"

racist border guy- oh well u can go than..

bigdawg_69
11-13-2002, 09:23 PM
thanx stino man but theres only one prob. u would prob keep my stuff. lol. u know u would. ttyl man

bigstino
11-14-2002, 07:52 AM
aww man well it depends what it is :D . lol jk ok cya