PDA

View Full Version : Is my Benchmark Double Trigger Broke?

chuey
11-13-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie to paintball and bought a minimag on ebay. It came with a benchmark double trigger. I won't be able to gas it up until this weekend. But I did notice that the trigger doesn't snap back at all with the gun ungassed. Is this normal, meaning that if I gas my gun up it will snap the trigger back up into shooting position, or do you think trigger is broke? I know pretty dumb question, but I'm very anxious to know what paint balling is likeplaying with a better gun than a rental. I'd like to use it this weekend but I live in NYC, and there isn't anyplace convenient for me to get a nitro fill to check to see if it works, since I work really long hours. Thanks.

EsPo
11-13-2002, 09:45 PM
it is normal if the trigger is not giving you resistance if it is not gassed up. as soon as you screw in the tank, you will hear a little pop sound, and that little pin(sear rod) will pop out, pushing up against the trigger, making the trigger stiff.. then you pull the trigger and the gun will shoot.

chuey
11-13-2002, 09:51 PM
I ran out of battery juice on my digicam, and wish I could show you a pic. I'm gonna run out and go get batteries cuz I really wanna take some shots of it. This is what I can see. Theres no trigger guard on this Double Finger frame. My Roomate's Spyder trigger goes clackity clack and always seems to snap back up after depressing it. My trigger is lying slack essentially. Also from what I can see the safefty has been yacked out I am guessing. Theres a little rod behind the trigger as well but I don't know what it does. I read somewhere else that side to side slop disappears on the trigger when gassed up. And I am hoping this is what I am mistaken and think that the trigger might be broke. Thanks.

EsPo
11-13-2002, 10:04 PM
if i understand you correctly, your trigger is not broken. it is true that once the gun is gassed up, the trigger slop dissapears(if you want to put it that way). i was scared about this at first also, but when you gas it up, the little rod begind the trigger will push up against the trigger and make the slack go away, and your trigger will magically be stiff. if you have any air at all, i suggest gassing it up and seing for yourself. the little rod is actually part of a sear system that tilts when you pull the trigger, letting gas through to the bolt, and the bolt thrusts forward, pushing a ball out of the barrel.

EsPo
11-15-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by SkElL~ObIsSiS
stupid people piss me off

dude, chill out.. hes just new to mags and looking for help. no need to flame him or any1 else unless they are really doing something stupid. chuey is not doing anything stupid, hes just asking for help, so unless you have help to give, SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

rikkter
11-15-2002, 03:28 PM
espo is right. theres suppose to be slack, its not suppose to spring back like your friends spyder. spyder triggers have a spring that resets them. on the mags, its that rod behidn the trigger you see that snaps our triggers back. like espo said, thats part of the sear.
when you pull the trigger, it tilts, pushing a pin called the on off, that closes the air flowing to the chamber that holds the air to shoot. then it releases the bolt. and voila it fired. nnow when you release the trigger, the rod will PUSH back because the air is pushing down on the pin now.
you'll notice once you gas your mag up, yyou'll see how it all works. its very simple.

bobbybobinson
11-15-2002, 03:52 PM
what they said. normal.

Hailstorm40
11-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Hey Chuey, don't sweat it I had the same concern when I first got my Minimag. If you need a nitro fill, take the L to Grand St. (just a few stops into Brooklyn) and go to Operation Stingray. I don't have the exact address on me but you could probably look it up easily. It is a scuba shop that also sells paintball gear. They do both CO2 and nitro fills.

speedfreak233
11-15-2002, 11:27 PM
the trigger will always do this when it is degassed, no worries