PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 Breaks in the Breech?

AutoMaggot
11-14-2002, 09:58 AM
Im not going to lie... I've been a cocker shooter for some time now. I know how to tune for pinching, and its worked wonders for me in the past year. I never carried squeezgies with me to tournaments... just didn't need 'em.

But im starting to realize that I'm going to need to throw out a bit more paint to compete with Lockout and Sonic... yeah, even Louckout is swtiching to Electro... and I have a nice offer for an Emag on the table.

I owned an Emag a long while back, and while it ripped, it also broke a horrible amount of bad. Dont get me wrong, I NEVER chopped with it... but the balls would break in the breach because of the bolt pressure im guessing... it was all a question of brittle paint. I owned the Emag over December and January back in Maine... So it was frikkin cold out, and I know that's the reason they broke.

But hey, its winter again, and I need a new paint-chucking machine... so here's the question: Does the LX kit eliminate only chops or does it stop breech breaks as well?

Bulldog
11-14-2002, 10:33 AM
Assuming you match your paint to your barrel, you'd probably only experience the occasional barrel break. I've put a few cases through and only had 1 in bust in the barrel, but it was 2 year old marbalizer. With fresh paint, I never have a problem.

A guy I play with uses an emag/lx, and he's shot more paint than I have since we started with lx, and I don't think he's broke anything. Barrel or breach. I'm guessing this is about 7-8 cases. My suggestion would be to try someones lx/emag out and TRY to break paint in it. I did, I couldn't, I fell in love.

a_malfunction
11-14-2002, 11:29 AM
I havent broken a ball with level 10 installed. And niether has my brother. We've had it since the first run of beta tests. The emag w/ level 10 is quite possibly the best gun out there.

Miscue
11-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Have yet to break a ball... although grapes don't seem to make it out ok... :)

sniper1rfa
11-14-2002, 09:15 PM
my friend has had his since the beta tests, hasnt broken a ball yet.

Tunaman
11-14-2002, 09:23 PM
even at 24bps in full auto my Emag will not chop. Boy I love this marker.:D

Thordic
11-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Tuna - I managed to get your gun to leak paint somehow :) I think the problem started with the paint being too big for hte barrel, and then it got worse from there, though.

In any case, there should be less exploding paint since the bolt is moving with less force to start, and then the air hits it at 60 PSI. You should notice a significant decrease in breaks of all kinds, except barrel breaks, which have nothing to do with the gun, if you are getting them, buy a bigger barrel :)

Pand0ra
11-15-2002, 08:37 AM
AGD-E was shooting paint breaking from a height of 2 inches!!! If the marker wasn't gentle on the paint, this would be impossible to do.

@++

masterninja
11-15-2002, 09:36 AM
I haven't had a break yet either.

Tony Arrivo
11-15-2002, 12:09 PM
They're awesome, don't break paint...or fingers. I've had the privelidge to put my finger down the power feed of an E-Mag with one in it. Fored a 6 shot burst and my finger came out fine. :D

speedfreak233
11-15-2002, 11:30 PM
I have shot over 50 cases since installing my lvx kit and i have not chopped or broke a ball in the barrel. it is the bomb!

Kevmaster
11-16-2002, 11:57 AM
yeh. ive put 20 cases through my PTP LX Emag, and only one ball broke in the gun: when my friend sliced a paintball with an exacto and then tried to shoot it, it broke....just to prove it COULD break a ball...but realistically, you wont chop, i had ONE anarchy ball half way in the breech for 150 cycles, i pulled it out, there wasnt one dent