PDA

View Full Version : science fair help.

yeahthatsme
11-14-2002, 01:22 PM
first off, i'm at school:D

second, i need some help.

i am going to be doing a science fair project involving paintball. i am going to be using an automag and a max-flo air tank. i am gonna be testing the velocity change with different input pressures.

my first question is will it effect the valve if i turn the velocity all the way up? because i am gonna turn it all the way up then turn it 2 turns down and leave it there so that it will be a set variable.

my second question is whats the minumum operating pressure of an automag? i need a low place to start then i will be slowly bringing it up.

also, for those who are interested i will be testing how different paint will effect velocity.

thanks for any help you give.

o and dont tell me to search because i am on a school computer and i cant stay on too long.

digitard
11-14-2002, 01:25 PM
Automags have a blowoff valve (if I'm correct)... if the pressure is too high after a shot it will start blowing air out your valve until you turn it down .... I dont think it'd cause any valve harm, but it could possibly damage some O-rings.

Sincerely
Dave K

kenshinkandon
11-14-2002, 03:11 PM
I don't think putting that much air into your mag will hurt it because that is what the back part of mag is a Regulator if you do put to much pressure into reg it will start venting out pressure out the back of your valve.

But I don't think you'll have that problem because a mag can probably take a 1000 PSI without a problem and I don't know of to many max flows that can go up that high.

I believe that the lowset operateing pressure for a mag is around 350 to 400 psi.

I'm sure a search on operating pressure of a mag will give you some answers.

Good luck on your project.