PDA

View Full Version : Trigger bounce

sTrIxX
11-14-2002, 05:08 PM
Why do you get trigger bounce on a RT with 3000 psi preset.
Need to get rid of it because it is not allowed to play with that in a game.
I have tried to mount an old Govnair system and lowered the input pressure and it works, but it’s difficult to set the pressure right every time. And for no reason the gun has started to breaks balls in the breech when I changed to Govnair, about every 5 ball is exploding and it’s blowing up in the power feeder :confused: Even when i fire 1 ball per second it breaks. Could that be that i short stroke the gun? even in a slow rof.

Havoc_online
11-14-2002, 06:01 PM
you will get a reactive trigger with the RT(which is legal) but you should not be able to sweetspot or bounce the trigger to obtain more than 1 shot per pull. If this is happening with a preset tank then there is 2 things you can check. your on/off pin(make sure it's .750" +/-.003) and your trigger rod,(1.945" for old school RT's) and (1.98" for RT pro's).

sTrIxX
11-15-2002, 11:09 AM
Ok.
i am going to check dos things.

Thanx Havoc-online

GPZ1170
11-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Check the sear. my RT did the same thing.

Xzion
11-17-2002, 09:34 PM
to elaborate on Havoc_online's 'legal' comment; As long as the AGD RT triggers are working properly, and not in 'runaway mode' (as stated above) they are legal in NPPL Rules (I believe its their rules at anyrate) the 'illegal reactive triggers' only apply to Tippmann RT systems and modified AGD RT triggers. a long story short. if its running in runaway mode, its illegal (the Tippmann RT is designed to always run in run away mode to work proplerly, making it practically unable to fire just one ball per pull, which makes it illegal, or so ive read, and been told by others who know the upgrade and shouldn't be taken completely at face value.). you might want to inform your field of this, that if theyre going by the rules that say RTs are illegal, they aught to know that the ReTro/RT/Emag valves are legal as they work with one trigger pull one ball fired.

However. if worse comes to worst, you might want to try getting an adjustable tank, and dropping the input pressure, the lower the pressure, the less reactive the trigger will be. if all else fails, you might have to resort to getting an A.I.R. valve (which will work in all mags, with the exception of the Classic RT).

what is your tank's preset putput pressure set at? ive heard too high of an input pressure can cause it to go into run away mode. though, I know a friend who runs his RT valve on 1k input pressure and I dont imagine many companies make a preset tank with that high an output pressure.

I frankly, would be finding myself a less ignorant field to play at if they don't allow a properly operating 'mag RT valve, though, that doesn't sound like your problem. :)

Good luck!

Jack & Coke
11-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Xzion
...the Tippmann RT is designed to always run in run away mode to work proplerly, making it practically unable to fire just one ball per pull, which makes it illegal

ABSOLUTLEY 100% FALSE.

I have a 18 bps Tippy RT and can EASILY shot 1 single ball at a time if I wanted to.

I can also just as EASILY do the same thing with 18 bps Retromag.

Have you ever played with a Tippy RT?

Xzion
11-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke

ABSOLUTLEY 100% FALSE.

I have a 18 bps Tippy RT and can EASILY shot 1 single ball at a time if I wanted to.

I can also just as EASILY do the same thing with 18 bps Retromag.

Have you ever played with a Tippy RT?

Jack & Coke, I'm just going by what ive read and heard from others experiences, I suppose I should have included that tidbit of info as well. though, thats what I heard as to why originally the Tippmann RTs were banned and the AGD RT's wren't from the tournaments, perhaps they fixed their problem or somethings changed. If so, its all news to me.

No need to get indignant over a simple oversight. :)

Jack & Coke
11-18-2002, 03:53 AM

No need to get indignant over a simple oversight. :)

No need to spread false information either... especially about something you obviously don't understand.

If you are not sure about how the Tippy RT works, then please state it... as oppossed to acting like you actually know something about it. People might actually believe what you are saying fer Christ's sakes...

This is the same way cockers gained their myth about shooting flatter, more distance, blah blah blah... pleople bought into it because they did not actually know anything about physics... and then they propagated it by more making even bigger (false) claims themselves to other newbies.

BTW,

"Sweet spotting" = controlled, assisted firing resulting in simulated full-auto. The trigger fully cycles and will only opperate if I pull the trigger. If you take your finger off the trigger, the gun will NOT shoot. The impetus of the full-auto action is governed by the opperator.

"Run-away" = uncontrolled full-auto. The full-auto cycling is unaffected by trigger full... i.e. You take your finger off the trigger and the gun keeps on shooting. You can't stop it intentionally. The gun will only stop on it's own. The impetus of the full-auto action is governed internally and mechanically by the gun.

Click here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49258&highlight=runaway) to learn what "run-away" really is. (watch the video and you will understand)

sTrIxX
11-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Ok, now i have checkt my on/off pin and my trigger rod, and those are fine!
My preset tank is 800 psi output. And it's close to trigger bounce. I can make it shot about 4-5 ball per sec. only by holding my finger softly against the trigger.
The problem is that is not legal in Sweden, so far i now.
But i think i can fix that with my govnair and dropping the input pressure so the trigger is not so reactiv.
I am going to try that.
Thanx for your help :D

Havoc_online
11-18-2002, 06:49 PM
is your rail bushing on? your field strip screw on tight enough(just not loose)? Did you paint your body/rail recently? Did you estimate your measurements or did you use some calipers?

sTrIxX
11-18-2002, 10:14 PM
Everything seems ok. Field strip screw is tight and I have not painted my gun. I like it like it is :D I used a measuring tool that is very exact.
I noticed that the gun is leaking a little from the rear. I really don't now how to stop it from leaking. I dismantled the valve and did not find anything wrong. All o-rings looks fine and new, and oiled.

Havoc_online
11-18-2002, 10:42 PM
as for reactivity, have you tried a new bolt spring? Also check your bolt bumper. was your sear worn?

as for the leak in the back, it's your reg. piston, if you get a leak out of the back while your chrono'd under 300, then you need a new one. It's a blow-off valve, that keeps you from shooting too hot. are you currently chrono'd? that may also be a problem if you are shooting hot.

Xzion
11-19-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Jack & Coke
No need to spread false information either... especially about something you obviously don't understand.

If you are not sure about how the Tippy RT works, then please state it... as oppossed to acting like you actually know something about it. People might actually believe what you are saying fer Christ's sakes...

This is the same way cockers gained their myth about shooting flatter, more distance, blah blah blah... pleople bought into it because they did not actually know anything about physics... and then they propagated it by more making even bigger (false) claims themselves to other newbies.

BTW,

"Sweet spotting" = controlled, assisted firing resulting in simulated full-auto. The trigger fully cycles and will only opperate if I pull the trigger. If you take your finger off the trigger, the gun will NOT shoot. The impetus of the full-auto action is governed by the opperator.

"Run-away" = uncontrolled full-auto. The full-auto cycling is unaffected by trigger full... i.e. You take your finger off the trigger and the gun keeps on shooting. You can't stop it intentionally. The gun will only stop on it's own. The impetus of the full-auto action is governed internally and mechanically by the gun.

Click here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49258&highlight=runaway) to learn what "run-away" really is. (watch the video and you will understand)

Jack & Coke, jeez, when you rail on someone for forgetting to make a simple statement once, you really go all out don't you? It seems youve conveniently decided not to pay attention to the fact I completely agreed with you that I should have mentioned that my knowledge is only from what ive read and heard from others who are more experienced with the tippmann RT, but that doesn't make the info invalid, its still input. I usually do make a statement taht its simply what ive heard and shouldnt necessarily be taken at face value. so I slipped once and forgot, you reminded me, and ive corrected myself, what else do you want? heck, you can't even keep it in a civil tone.

I have two words for you, 'Anger management' should try looking into it. I'm done with this argument. For the record, ive never disagreed with you in the least, all this has been is you going off the deep end over a simple factor of human error.

Ive corrected my post thats gotten you so outraged, I'm going to be the bigger person and correct my mistake and apologize and leave it at that. consider this matter settled.

Jack & Coke
11-19-2002, 11:55 AM
...consider this matter settled...

Agreed.

sTrIxX
11-19-2002, 01:32 PM
Yes, I tried a new spring and have changed bolt damper. The sear was fin, no wear at all!
I have a chrono here, and I can’t get it to shot over 260 - 270 before ball break. But I think I find the problem with that. If I pull the trigger soft until its fire and then release it, it works fine (haven't managed to chrono to 280 yet due to darkness!)If I pull the trigger all the way in, it breaks the ball almost every time and it chrono at least 20 - 30 fps more (over 300fps) then soft trigging :confused: Some time when I pull all the way in, it's shooting 2 balls!! When the trigger is pulled back all the way, I noticed that the bolt returns back all the way until I let go of the trigger, and then it goes forward 3-4 mm and cocks. I did find this out today when trying to chrono it to 280 fps. So, I think some thing is weird. Maybe the trigger has to long stroke and need to be shortened. Or??

magnj
11-19-2002, 07:41 PM
ok smart guys( lol ) I have a problemo. I just got my rex and filled it. Put er on and I jacked her up. Im not sure what my out put is but at the bount where i get nice bounce it starts leaking out the valve, sometimes the back if I shoot fast, mainly out of the little hole on the left side. I think thats an overflow hole. I dont know why. My orings are all nice, I hope its not the piston, Ill dissasemble it and when I go to fireball this weekend hopefuly they will help me. Any help would be appreciated(sp)

datapimp69
11-21-2002, 03:49 PM
if he gets a longer on/off pin wont he make the sweetspot go away for ever.