PDA

View Full Version : making a mag more efficient

MagUser4Life
11-14-2002, 06:37 PM
me and a friend of mine were wondering if you gutted the reg that comes on the mag and ran it off a maxflo at whatever pressure the old reg took it down to would that make it more efficient?

Kevmaster
11-14-2002, 06:56 PM
nope....itll still take the same amount(volume * pressure) of air to shoot the ball, meaning no more efficient

bofh
11-14-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
nope....itll still take the same amount(volume * pressure) of air to shoot the ball, meaning no more efficient

And further more, if you changed the size of the dump chamber, to have less pressure/more volume. it would be less efficient. Smart Parts made a "Smart Mag" that had about 1 cm3 more volume, which from what I've heard, was not an improvement.

The only thing left would be smooth out the flow of air out of the powertube, so you could deleiver more air faster. Therefore you would be allowed to run less pressure. However, I doubt, the flow out of the powertube could be improved, with a *major* re-design.

Trench
11-14-2002, 07:13 PM
Grab a longer barrel... The longer the barrel the better gas efficiency you will have... (Tom told me this... Lol)

Kevmaster
11-14-2002, 10:05 PM
long and ported does no good. the best efficiancy barrel ive seen around is the 12" Lapcos. loud as hell, but ver good on air. a SP All American for example will not be more efficient

Slapp
11-15-2002, 08:26 AM
Yep, if you want better efficiency try a Lapco Bigshot. Nice all around barrels and not too expensive. They are ported only at the very end of the barrel so your air pressure continues to accelerate the paintball for more of the barrel length than with an equivalent length barrel with more porting. Don't mess with the valve, power tube or dump chamber.