PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use the VLocity? Need opnions

Automaggin2
11-14-2002, 08:04 PM
Hey, doropaintball.com has VLocitys for 22.95, i was thinking about buying one because when i play outlaw ball everyone seems to be shooting a little hot and no one feels liek throwin in for a chrono, so i might buy this. Anyone know if its any good? I dont want to spend more then 40 dollers on a chrono. So, has anyone used it? is it accurate?

PigSweat
11-14-2002, 08:19 PM
They are utter crap, seriously. I had one and it was innacurate, probably, +/- 10 fps vs. a real chrono. Plus it broke in about 2 days. Save yourself some trouble and get the handheld RadarChron.

Buckwheat
11-14-2002, 09:00 PM
I have both. I bought a VLo because it was cheap, and that is just what it was. My RadarChron is worth the extra cost. Save up for one you'll be happier with it.

Sinistarr
11-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Don't know about the vlo, but the radar chrono is great, and like the man said, worth the extra $$$. Mine is within 1-2 fps to the field chronos. I'm very happy with it.

We had to turn down a bunch of our group. They were shooting 320-360 fps. Someone got hurt (imagine that) and a few of us demanded all markers be under 300.

Good luck!

G

K-villeplayer
11-14-2002, 10:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing a while back and bought the vlo. It was ok, but is really a pain to fit onto the barrels of the markers. Some it fits really nice, but other don't fit even with the little plastic glove that comes with it. Also, with the barrel designs like they have now, like the freak front, or the SP Progressive fronts, it is really hard to keep the thing stable so that the balls won't bust in the barrel.

If you are just using it for backyard use, it would be a wise investment just for the sake of keeping the velocities reasonable. If you want quality, go with the Radar Chron, but for $60 cheeper, and using it for backyard ball and paying for it yourself, the vlo is something that is decent.

As for the accuracy like other people stated, I wouldn't know because when i use the vlo, there are no other chrono's around so I couldn't cross check.

For 22 dollars, I would say that it is worth your safety.

Just my thoughts

Andrew