PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift Ideas

The Frymarker
11-15-2002, 06:12 AM
Just wanted to know some of the best Christmas gift ideas, past and present for my son who is 4 and my husband, my daughter who is 2 is easy to please.

The mini race cars I thought was a great idea but many are already sold out.

My husband I was thinking dvd with surround sound.

So what have you asked for or recieved in the past that you thought was a great gift?

yeahthatsme
11-15-2002, 08:02 AM
instead of a mini-racecar get him a larger one. like a tyco or something. that way he can have the biggest car on the block:D

my mom got me one of those when i was around 6-7 and i loved it for a year till the next christmas.

RamboPreacher
11-15-2002, 08:31 AM
as a husband, I would say that the DVD is right on target, thought he may feel that is something that is "needed", and as such isn't a "Christmas present". I personaly would like to get another DVD player for Christmas (the old one is one of the first ones out and has difficulties with the newer dvd's,a dn can't even play some, I have to play them on my computer). Anyway, I liken it to the husband buying the wife a vacuum for Christmas - not a good idea for most, but depends on the spouse.

Anyway - the surround system is definately a present and not a "need". Especially if it comes with all 5 speakers and subwoofer.

Does the husband play paintball? isn't there something there he has been wanting?

as for the 4 year old - whatever you get make sure it comes in a big box, casue no matter what, the box will probably get more play-time than what comes in it. :)

the 2 year old should be easy - get what you want to get, they don't really have an opinion yet (though they might think they do, it is really based on your actions and reactions and interactions with them. :)

husband presents:
- paintball gear or gift certificate
- electronics (large ticket items, depend on budget and want)
- electronics, small ticket items are alwasy "kewl" for guys, but don't spend alot, cause thay are just toys. Don't forget batteries.
- "intimate apparel" for yourself (yes, this is for the husband and should be boxed and labeled as such, though you will be wearing it)
- personal hobby stuff - this one is the better place to start, but the hubby has to have a hobby that he is excited about and that you hav eto put up with by listening to him talk about it all teh time- you may need to do some research to find out about it before getting tools, accessories or whatever, and even a gift certificate for a favorite shopping place for that special hobby would be kewl.
- payable on demand promissary notes - this covers alot of ground - for example, my kids have made these on thier computer for me before that are things like help clean the basement out, clean the garage, etc... Things that are "extra" and not part of the normal routine. as a wife, you could use your imagination here.

well, that's all I can think of for now. hope that helps. :)

The Frymarker
11-15-2002, 08:35 AM
Those are great ideas!!!

All though I am a house wife that would actually enjoy a new vacuum.

One of the best presents my husband gave me was a new glass top stove. I love it, it was the best gift.

As for getting him something for paintball, he is a distributor and now has a little shop, he really gets sick of paintball fast.

Me on the other hand I can never get enough paintball items:D

AssassN
11-15-2002, 10:56 PM
I WANNA TRADE MOMS WITH U!

Spray Painter
11-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by AssassN
I WANNA TRADE MOMS WITH U!

ROFL LOLOLOLOl!!!!! thats the funniest thing i've heard tonight:)

Thats going in my sig when get around to making one:D :p

AssassN
11-15-2002, 11:52 PM
doing my part to contribute to the community