PDA

View Full Version : dont tread on me...

Havoc_online
11-15-2002, 05:01 PM
Over at 247paintball there is one guy alone who is giving mag users a hard time. Did we do anything to him? No, yet his feeble mind wants to attack us with stupid kiddie jokes. Another example of narrow minded ppl.

http://www.247paintball.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=506

big E kingpin
11-15-2002, 05:11 PM
what a fool

bofh
11-15-2002, 05:17 PM
Good lord people, it's in a joke thread, in a joke forum. Calm down before ya'll start going over there and yelling at the dude.

personman
11-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Hehe Spell Joke

Havoc_online
11-15-2002, 05:19 PM
calling us idiots is a joke? the only reason he posted it there is cause I deleted it when he posted it in the mag pix thread when he flamed me.

Brak
11-15-2002, 05:21 PM
yeah man chill out and stop calling them narrow minded. its one guy and hes just messing around.

bofh
11-15-2002, 05:22 PM
It's in a forum with lots of of funny pics. I'd go with he's trying to be funny.

Clare
11-15-2002, 05:26 PM
Good lord people, it's in a joke thread, in a joke forum.

it's not a joke forum but I do think that if he wanted to joke about it he could do it without resorting to name calling (The worst part is that he's a moderator on the forum). Anyway, he's flamed mag owners in both the main and airgun forum (which were deleted by the owner of 24-7).

bofh
11-15-2002, 05:32 PM
With such threads as
Pound source at world cup (pic of guy sleeping with a poster)
Evil Enima (guy getting shoot in the rear)
New Animal Grrls (guy posing on a lifeboat)

is looks like a joke picture thread to me.

Either way, that kind of person can't be beaten enough to understand anybody's point of view. So why go over and kick a hornets nest of people who'd rather not learn?

Clare
11-15-2002, 05:47 PM
Either way, that kind of person can't be beaten enough to understand anybody's point of view. So why go over and kick a hornets nest of people who'd rather not learn?

I'm not saying I agree with going over there and "making him understand". I was just pointing out the behavior of a moderator. :)

Cliffio
11-15-2002, 06:13 PM
now we gotta get the whole "ao army" out in full force to flame this guy for a funny picture he posted:rolleyes:

do we need a squad of fully armed linking machines to go over each forum and look out for the automag? i dont think so, if you ignore him, he will go away

shartley
11-15-2002, 06:17 PM
I think what has been posted already is all that needs to be. This guy is an idiot... joke or not joke. As a Moderator you are expected to SET the standards you are charged to enforce. In his case I guess we can call it enFarse. :rolleyes:

Cliffio
11-15-2002, 06:18 PM
well some of the moderators are from texas havok, and we all know how mature pro players are, *cough* *jeremy* *cough* *salm* *cough*

Clare
11-15-2002, 06:21 PM
Texas Havok is novice or amature, I don't recall

Texas Storm is pro

Havoc_online
11-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Cliffio - I didnt call for the AO army to go over and flame this guy. I only pointed him out. If AO'ers want to give him a hard time, go ahead.

Cliffio
11-15-2002, 06:23 PM
either way, ive been looking at this site for a total of 5 minutes, and seems to me its full of idiots

Ov3rmind
11-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Calm down guys, it's just a joke. No different than when everyone here jokes about Cockers. You really need to stop taking everything so super sensitively.

aaron_mag
11-15-2002, 07:41 PM
I must be sick....because I actually laughed when I read it. Before level 10 I used to chop all the time. It wasn't the mags fault, I just didn't have a trained trigger finger.

I guess I am of the sticks and stones may break my bones but photoshop posts will never hurt me thinking:)

shartley
11-15-2002, 07:58 PM
LOL What I DO find funny is that it is getting to the point on AO where noone can think anything is "bad", "wrong", "not funny", "not appropriate", etc.

No matter what the issue is, or viewpoint is, if you don't think everything is just fine, you have a problem. You are told that you need to stop taking everything so seriously. You are told that you need to stop being so sensitive about everything.

Come on folks, it is one thing being so PC it is sickening, but it is WORSE to never take a stand on ANYTHING... to never disagree with ANYTHING.. to never think ANYTHING is inappropriate.. etc.

AO sure has become a funny place... high morals are attacked and are actually considered a fault, concern is considered unwanted and unneeded, and respect should only be shown to those who you agree with.

I also find it funny that since everyone is suppose to just let everything slide, why do so many folks make such big deals out of MY posts? ;)

..... damn..... this gets awful confusing. :rolleyes:

aaron_mag
11-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Have to disagree with you there. If you look at the above posts there are more people calling for the the guys blood then saying "chill out".

Do I think the guy seriously dislikes mags? Yes. Do I think the guy seriously thinks that mag users are idiots/outdated/etc? Yes. Does this offend me? For some reason it doesn't.

If I was out on the field would I be out to light him up with my autoblender? Of course! I'd be talking smack, insulting his honor, etc. That would all be in the context of play, however. After the barrel plugs were in and we moved on to other subjects whether he liked my mag or not would be totally beside the point. Have you ever been on the field and had a mag versus cocker challenge? Everyone knows it isn't going to prove which gun is "better" it just is a rivalry that puts some pride on the line.

HoppysMag
11-15-2002, 08:28 PM
AHHHHH IM ATTACK SHARTLEY BECAUSE OF HIS HIGH MORALS!!!!!! ( and doing so in all caps to tick him off) AAAAHHHHHH!!! ATTACK ATTACK!

Sam, i always am on the oppisite side of the argument, and your always proving me wrong some how ( you varmit ;) ) but there is respect....:D

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
--Tallentyre/ Voltaire ?

shartley
11-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag
Have to disagree with you there. If you look at the above posts there are more people calling for the the guys blood then saying "chill out".
I am not talking about just this post. I am pointing out a pattern that I see all over AO. If you don't see it, fine..... but I read almost every thread on this forum and Friendly Corner (as well as a good deal in the others) and see this all the time.

No, there was not a flood in THIS thread, but the attitude did present itself. That was my point.... Don't agree with it? No problem. Just try posting that you don't like something that others may feel is fine and see what happens... ;)

shartley
11-15-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
AHHHHH IM ATTACK SHARTLEY BECAUSE OF HIS HIGH MORALS!!!!!! ( and doing so in all caps to tick him off) AAAAHHHHHH!!! ATTACK ATTACK!

Sam, i always am on the oppisite side of the argument, and your always proving me wrong some how ( you varmit ;) ) but there is respect....:D

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
--Tallentyre/ Voltaire ?
LOL now THAT is funny! :D Thanks.

My other post was also not made in anger.... it was just an observation.... and no, not one that covers ALL members, but one that seems to be increasing.

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'? ;)

Creative Mayhem
11-15-2002, 09:35 PM
Actually I think that pic is kinda funny myself. He didn't do it out of malice, but it just shows you that there are ignorant people that refuse to believe that things cannot improve. Us as intelligent people, should not condem those who don't have anything better to do but make jokes about markers they obviously don't know. Now AOers on the other hand, we can joke because we know and except all shortcomings(Most of which, dissapeared with LVL10), hey if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't desrve to laugh at anyone else. Just my .02

C Mayhem

aaron_mag
11-15-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by shartley
I am not talking about just this post. I am pointing out a pattern that I see all over AO. If you don't see it, fine..... but I read almost every thread on this forum and Friendly Corner (as well as a good deal in the others) and see this all the time.

I partially see this trend. More importantly I see people talking about getting a life or debating this is stupid. This is the most ridiculous argument since this is a forum! I mean if we aren't hear to discuss/argue/disagree/debate then what the heck are we here for?

oldsoldier
11-16-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Creative Mayhem
Actually I think that pic is kinda funny myself. He didn't do it out of malice, but it just shows you that there are ignorant people that refuse to believe that things cannot improve. Us as intelligent people, should not condem those who don't have anything better to do but make jokes about markers they obviously don't know. Now AOers on the other hand, we can joke because we know and except all shortcomings(Most of which, dissapeared with LVL10), hey if you can't laugh at yourself, you don't desrve to laugh at anyone else. Just my .02

C Mayhem

I agree 100%. Ignorance is bliss. Besides, people are always gonna defend what they believe in. We here love mags. So of course we are gonna defend them. Go on the cocker forum, and they do the same. Difference is, we, through the efforts of alot of people here, cand DEFEND our statements with FACTS. cockers dont break? Tell that to my teammate who, in frustration this last weekend, tossed his due to breakage. LX doesnt break? Mine has...only twice, but 2 is a big difference from never. Nothing is perfect. We all have our likes and dislikes.