PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting warp feed problem....

sniper1rfa
11-15-2002, 10:31 PM
OK, i had 8 NiMH AAA's sitting around, so i decided to try my luck in making a battery pack. came out great, powers both the warp and gun well. unfortunately, i have a problem.

i was shooting the gun (dry firing, and its a mayhem with a morlock) and it was working fine. i had already tested the warp. well, i turned on the warp, and got the constantly spinning bug (its intellifed, BTW). i couldnt figure this out, it had been working fine with two seperate batteries.

i just remembered there was always ten volts on the warp though, even with the switch off, probably from the gun battery. youll understand after reading the next paragraph.

well, i disconnected the two 9V snaps between battery and gun, and it stopped. i went to put them back together, and only got as far as the positive connection when the warp started back up, AND my gun turned on. lo and behold, i was getting a complete circuit, even with no negative lead from my guns board to the battery. i unplugged the intellifeed, and the warp stopped spinning and the gun turned off. it seems that the intellifeed was actually completing the circuit. :confused: :confused:
WTF?

anybody have any ideas on this? fried board or design flaw...?:(

BTW, i am using solenoid 1 as an intellifeed on the morlock, so the negative is just one of three generic spots possible for the board. It is not the problem. well, it might be, but still...

agdemagman69
11-16-2002, 03:25 PM
thats messed up

sniper1rfa
11-16-2002, 03:57 PM
lol, i ordered a new board (my fourth) today, see if that does it. the other three work fine but the intellifeeds dont work. like, they worked for awhile, then stopped working after a mod.

they work fine for like a negative intelli though.

toymyster
11-18-2002, 02:22 PM
Remeber, with increased voltage, you'll need to turn down your sensetivity!!! It's the same with increased current flow (amperage)!!! Double check your sensetivity adjustment!!!

sniper1rfa
11-19-2002, 04:53 PM
its intellifed!!! sensitivity has nothing to do with it!!! because its intellifed!!! see what i mean!!! love me, love my exclamation marks!!!

;)
:D

kdawg
12-28-2002, 01:44 AM
I know old thread.....

IF you pull any jumpers attached to the bottom of the 3 (SENS) I had that problem also. Make sure it is just the one jumper there for the intelli (+ or -)