PDA

View Full Version : Splatter Factor Needs Your Help!

Havoc_online
11-16-2002, 04:33 PM
Ripped this off 247paintball(who got it from thier site). For those of you who remember, Splatter Factor is the very first TV show dedicated to paintball. After 2 episodes on Fox Sports Net, they were given the boot. They then got the Ok to air on the new TNN channel, but they need our support to make it happen. Read on:

Dear Paintballers,

Throughout the year you've heard the buzz of Splatter Factor and the promise of paintball on television, first on Fox Sports and now on The New TNN (to have started on Dec. 7th) Unfortunately due to the delays of raising sponsorship in time to complete the remaining episodes, Splatter Factor has been put in a holding pattern, and will not air this winter.

You see, we are buying the air time because we believe so strongly that paintball will be a hit on television, but the mainstream media does not believe, not yet at least.

We're sure some of you are upset (to say the least) But Splatter Factor is far from being over, and we still have the opportunity to air on a later date on The New TNN, but before we do, we want to offer you the opportunity to help get paintball on TV quicker by showing TNN that you want to see paintball on television, and fast. TNN has put us on their website under the New Shows/Sports and Entertainment section but we don't know for how long, maybe they want to see what type of buzz will be generated.

That's where you come in. We need you to tell your friends, your friends friends, and your friends friends friends and so on, about Splatter Factor being on TNN, they don't even have to be paintball players they just have to be an email address saying things like:

- When is Splatter Factor going to air
- I can't wait to see Splatter Factor
- I'm glad you guys finally came to your senses, and picked up a good show like Splatter Factor.

You see, we've already done all of the leg work to get paintball to a major network, like we promised. But now these networks need to see if in fact there will be an audience who will watch a paintball TV show regularly.

So please go to www.thenewtnn.com/shows/splatter/ and click on the section where it says email us, and do your part to get paintball on Television
Thank you,

Leonardo Ugalde
Creator/Executive Producer - Splatter Factor
818.348.7949 main
818.348.7676 fax
818.599.3281 cell

aaron_mag
11-16-2002, 05:28 PM
Hmmmm. Either I'm doing something wrong or there is no "send" messages on the email. Typed up a message and had to push the "x". What am I doing wrong?

darklord
11-16-2002, 05:36 PM
I saw the first episode, and it was my last. Horrible show, they could've made it good, but they botched it. It was just a shameless plug for kingman IMO.

Mango
11-16-2002, 06:03 PM
Sent my email.

yeahthatsme
11-16-2002, 06:04 PM
this is the message i sent:

i cant wait to see your new show splatter facotr. i have been hoping for months now that paintball would reach mainstream tv and i am glad that it has finally happen. i have been watching tnn for a long time and i am happy that you are the ones to air a paintball show.

now for the question: when will it air and at what time?

thank you for allowing paintball to be shown in such a good light on your channel.

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
11-16-2002, 07:21 PM
I saw the first episode, and it was my last. Horrible show, they could've made it good, but they botched it. It was just a shameless plug for kingman IMO.

Yes true, it was not the greatest but it is a door to future paintball shows that will be better if you think about it.

aaron_mag
11-16-2002, 07:50 PM
Okay I sent it. Not sure if it is the version of internet explorer I am using but the stupid submit button was not in view when the message comes up and there was not scroll bar down to it.......but down arrow works pretty good

K-villeplayer
11-16-2002, 09:31 PM
I just did my part to get the show on the air. Even if it sucks, other TV stations will see it as a show that could air in the future, and maybe produce a better one. So even if it sucks, just tune your TV to the channel and leave it. It helps paintball to get on TV and to help our future.:D :D

ß.C.
11-16-2002, 10:34 PM
I haven't seen the show before, but I heard it was crappy and tried to give paintball the warlike look. If it does that, then I guess it should either be redone to show paintball the way it should, or just get off the air. FOXSN probably got rid of it because nobody watches it. I have planned to earlier but decided not to when I heard it was aimed towards making paintball look like play war.

FeuerFri
11-16-2002, 11:51 PM
i think the prime reason it was not watched on foxsn was the time slot, i mean the majority of players are proly going to not wanna wake up at 6 on a saturday morn to watch a tvshow which is poorly written and played out.

this should go up on all of the owners group forums if not already there though, even a bad show can pull this sport out of this crapbucket we have seen it fall into cause of the vandalism and ramdom acts of stupidity that seems to plauge us. i know of the iog, www.impulseownersgroup.com and www.kingmanusa.com forums and i am sure alot of ppl from those 2 would help get the show rolling by sending in there emails and voiceing their thoughts to tnn.

Kevmaster
11-17-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by darklord

I could not agree more....

magman007
11-17-2002, 03:44 PM
ok, it had nothing to do with war. Where ever you herd that you are wrong..

the firse episode sucked, it was newbie aimed, it was the first show... it makes sence!!!

the 2nd show, the one at the MGO was really good!

guys, its paintball on tv. ths is something we want isnt it? it had nothing wrong with it.... everything was done saftely... we need to get it on tv, and improve it from there! jeez chill out and support it. they will make it better.

The reason it was so kingman oriented, was kingman cared... they pumped alot of money into it... there fore, they got their products pimped... do you all understand?

FalconGuy016
11-17-2002, 08:41 PM
I sent my mail

even if it says "Where do you play paintball" when the screen comes up, it has nothign to do with that so just write your message there :)

FalconGuy016
11-17-2002, 08:42 PM
uh oh

Subject: Undeliverable: Comments
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:29:00 -0500

Your message

To: [email protected]
Subject: Comments
Sent: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:40:13 -0500

did not reach the following recipient(s):

IMCEAEX-_O=VIACOM_OU=NICKONLINE_cn=RECIPIENTS_cn=WRITETOUS @nickonline.com
on
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 20:29:11 -0500
Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
The MTS-ID of the original message is:
c=us;a=attmail;p=viacom;l=SECURENY030211180120W63X GVX3
MSEXCH:IMS:viacom:SECUREHUB:SECURENY06 0x80040C02 (00050311)
Maximum
receipt headers exceeded (possible mail loop).

Kevmaster
11-17-2002, 10:24 PM
magman, but they didnt HAVE to use WD-40 while lubing the marker...really....

Nobody077
11-17-2002, 10:42 PM
I will sent an e-mail when I'm done here. I dident see the first show but as long at it shows paintball in a good way it can only help the sport. Besides I plan to play at the Warlords (Budd Orr -vs- Tom Kay) 24hour game in December at Jungleisland, and Splatter Factor film crew will be there tapeing. I want to be on tv:D

Devil
11-18-2002, 01:25 PM
I wrote them my letter of approval and gratitude! I hope this works out...it could be a great thing for paintball!

Slapp
11-19-2002, 04:19 PM
Well, I sent TNN an email expressing my interest in the show and I also plugged a few fields in the Chicagoland area by responding to their question "Where do you play paintball". The links on their website worked for me.

I never saw this show but it should not matter if the first few shows did not live up to your expectations. I think the real point here is to make the media aware that there is a strong level of interest in paintball related programming rather than to make them think this specific show is the best thing you have ever seen. If the networks sense a high enough interest level it may open up more doors for the sport.

First let's get a show on TV, then let's provide constructive feedback to help make the show better.

TecnoRobo
11-19-2002, 05:51 PM
when does it air so i can turn it on

i couldnt find it anywhere on the sight.
I sent my mail :)

ogre55
11-20-2002, 09:46 AM
Sent my e-mail.

Never did catch the show on FOXSN, and I have all the regional channels available. As far as I could tell, they never promoted it at all.

As for those of you who think the show was awful, I'm with Magman on this one, so what. Paintball has not been on TV since the early 90s, except for bad press coverage now and then. This show needs out support, if not for the content then at least for the concept.

Ogre

Nobody077
11-20-2002, 11:50 PM
Here is a link to the planed air times
http://www.splatterfactor.tv/airdates/