PDA

View Full Version : Is using a warpfeed like learning how to drive again?

hostage
11-17-2002, 03:16 AM
I went all out with my hybrid tonight (had some issues but they are being resolved) and i found that the warpfeed had a totally different feel to it, like i was off, esp when i came out to shoot of the other side to flip the gun sideways. It is a wierd feelingbut it seems easier than when i last used it? Is there a learning curve? BTW the trigger pull on it was so amazing i put a whole new trigger sensor on the booyaah and i never have shot that fast before.
-Hostage

joeyjoe367
11-17-2002, 03:19 AM
For me, Using a warp feed was like second nature. I wouldn't ever own a gun that didn't have one.

I hate the idea of having to switch hands when shooting lefty. It annoys the hell out of me. Tilting the gun on it's side and railing away was the most natural feeling I've had shooting any gun, anywhere.

I hope you're having fun with your hybrid gun. :)

sniper1rfa
11-17-2002, 10:45 AM
i almost agree with joey. it was wierd for the first game, but became quite natural real quick. now i cant stand playing without it.

toymyster
11-17-2002, 12:36 PM
Playing with warp does get some getting used to!!! Specially tilting the gun for shooting on you off side!!! You just have to remember that your gun will shoot at any angle, and not be affraid to tilt it more than 90degrees!! Once you get used to that, you'll never want to play without it!!

joeyjoe367
11-17-2002, 04:13 PM
With other guns, I found myself tilting them anyway. It's just without the warp, I'd chop paint.

not the case anymore.

ICOM
11-17-2002, 06:02 PM
Any of you play front with your warp? i play front and i dunno if it will be a good idea. Considering the extra weight and might get in the way sometimes. What you think?

sniper1rfa
11-17-2002, 06:12 PM
i do! i do! (frantically waves hand)...
i dont mine the wieght at all.it does get a little heavy after a long day, but oh well.

EsPo
11-17-2002, 06:30 PM
it is not heavy to me at all... since i am used to carrying around a steel tank.:(

TRIAD
11-17-2002, 06:32 PM
I play front with a warp. My gun is rather light, even with paint. It doesn't really get all that tiring, maybe a slight bit. I can't stand the off-balance feel of non-warped guns. Too much weight away up and away from the gun for me. Once you warp, you'll never go back. :p

sniper1rfa
11-17-2002, 06:58 PM
yeah, thts another thing, un-warped guns feel like they are going to fall over sideways with all that paint up top.

demonguy8
11-17-2002, 07:35 PM
I play front and I HAD a warp...
I must say that its nice for some of the more hard too play tiny front bunkers (ie small carrots on thier side) or any bunker you have to come over the top of to get that one elimination (admitably its quite rare for something that can best be done over the top but it does happen)

my advice would be play with it some more as your marker should become an extension of your body.. anytime you change something you have to readjust to it.. Then again you may be like me where no matter how many times you play with it, it just feels wrong. but to each his own i suppose..