PDA

View Full Version : What Barrel(s) To Buy

tarrasque
11-17-2002, 03:24 AM
hi everyone just wanna see what barrel(s) you all would recomend for me to buy. i currently have a 14in all american thats very old and must be held together with superglue(two piece barrel). i was considering a freak since the field i go to switches paint every couple of months and i will use any paint i can get thats cheap, but not crappy paint.

ALSO a friend told me that freaks and mags dont mix but he doesnt have a mag or freak so i dont trust him on that.

PLEASE HELP ME SELECT A NEW BARREL.....my poor all american is getting tooooo old!

zbody
11-17-2002, 03:26 AM
If I were you I would get a freak back and a custom front from someone like White Wolf. I just got a boomstick front for my freak from him and it is sweet. Just something different.

tarrasque
11-17-2002, 03:30 AM
interesting can i see a pic of your barrel, never saw somethin like that!

Havoc_online
11-17-2002, 03:32 AM
CP pro barrel kit is the best

zbody
11-17-2002, 03:40 AM
The best according to whom? Here are some pics off of his site.

www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/barrels.htm

Havoc_online
11-17-2002, 03:49 AM
the best according to me considering the backs(not inserts so they are MUCH stronger) are longer for better gas. They are also honed MUCH better.

zbody
11-17-2002, 04:10 AM
Correct me if any of this info is incorrect but from what I gathered from their site the backs are 5" on the CP kit and a little over 4" on the Freak back. I don't see how that little bit can make that much of a difference. Also the CP only has 5 bore sizes and the freak has 8 sizes. I agree that the CP backs are stronger but the inserts are protected by the back on the freak too. Have there been any head to head tests on these two or is it just your personal opinion?

bobbybobinson
11-17-2002, 11:38 AM
however impractical if you have $ to burn set of boomys where its at. you could get 5 or 6 dif. bore sizes in a nice size like 12." these will shoot straighter than any insert based barrel fo the reason of effective lenth. the freak systems effective lenth is the incert, boomys:whole barrel.
jsut thought i should add this even though you prob. dont want to drop that much cash

Shirow
11-17-2002, 11:56 AM
J&J Edge kit :)

toymyster
11-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Get yourself the Equation barrel set. Nothing else comes even close!!! You can vary your barrel length from 7" to 14" with no measurable change in accuracy, and if you do have a barrel break, you can shoot through it and barrel will clean itself within 5 shots!!

tarrasque
11-17-2002, 03:05 PM
A friend of mine has a freak for his spyder and he really loves it and he has had no ball breaks related to the barrel.

can you guys tell me what barrels you use and why you like them?

Havoc_online
11-17-2002, 05:34 PM
CP backs are 6.5" long. over the freaks insert, yes an inch does make a big difference over gas usage. It's Physics, you need so much length for shot to shot consistency and so much to give the ball time to accelerate. 5 bore sizes is all you need. The boomy's effective length is not the whole barrel, it's up to the porting.

zbody
11-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Well then how much gas are you saving over the freak? And their website says 5" no 6.5".

blnk162
11-17-2002, 09:50 PM
smoke the pipe

digitard
11-17-2002, 10:10 PM
I have 3 barrels I own ... but my favorite is my DYE BOOMSTICK 14"

1) 10" All American that I've had for years .. its quiet, but less efficiant due to the extensive porting.

2) 14" CP .... its a decent barrel ... looks spiffy ..lol...

3) 14" DYE BOOMSTICK.... its a lil heavy, but nothing thats a major downside ... very reliable, very efficiant, very accurate ... a lil louder than some but if your 10 feet away you still cant hear it.

SIncerely,
Dave K

FunkyWhiteBoy#3
11-17-2002, 10:36 PM
Greetings, I am the friend that Tarrasque is talking about with the freak barrel for my spyder. I think tarrasque should get a freak for his minimag because oh all the inserts and with the field we go to they change the paint many times. Also once i got my freak i have not had any problems with balls breaking except for on the other teams players. Truly i believe that the freak is a very nice barrel and is a good choice to invest in.

pito189
11-17-2002, 10:40 PM
Freak inserts are 5" long. I'm a sitting right here measuring it.

Spray Painter
11-17-2002, 10:46 PM
every one says that freaks quiet your gun alot because of all the porting they have in the front but on my mag(RT pro) isn't very quiet with a 14" freak. just wondering if my gun has a problem or something?

and to answer your question, freaks are very nice barrels. they are very acurate, on some guns very quiet, and they fit all types of paint(DUH)and since your field switchs paint alot you should get one or a similar one(CP, etc...)

SampsonFBC
11-17-2002, 11:08 PM
the Evil pipe barrel system is really nice. I know someone that has one and I've seen it in action. They are on backorder and I dont know if they have them for mags........but their nice

Nobody077
11-17-2002, 11:20 PM
If your looking for a great cheap barrel look at the Taso Bigshot. I pickud mine up for $25 new and shipped for a E-bay store. It out shoots my All-american barrel and is better on gas(50-70 extra shots on my 45/3000). If you are looking for a Barrel set I checked out Toymyster's Equation barrel set this weekend, I like the it and plan to pick one up, I would suggest looking into one.

exedotbat
11-17-2002, 11:46 PM
I think he means lapco bigshot

Nobody077
11-18-2002, 12:45 AM
Opps My bad. I think its time I get some sleep,yes I ment Lapco Bigshot:)