PDA

View Full Version : pmi thor reg problems...

MinimagRockin'
11-17-2002, 02:00 PM
i have a post about this on the main forum but i thought someone that hangs around this forum might know something more. i just bought a pmi screw in that comes with the thor reg (you screw the tank right into the thor). when i screw the tank into the thor it starts venting out a little hole on the side. now i tried screwing a co2 bottle into the thor and it worked. i also tried screwing the pmi tank into a standard asa into the gun and that also worked. so ive deduced that both parts work....just not together. what the hell is going on!?

MinimagRockin'
11-19-2002, 12:02 AM
Out of all of the superior wisdom that AO members possess...no one has any idea what could cause this???

toymyster
11-19-2002, 12:18 AM
No, I do not have much experience with Thor regs, and honestly, why would you want to use one anyway??? Your screw-in is regulated at about 800psi, and the valve on your mag has a reg built in to lower the pressure to 450psi, personaly, I really don't see a use for a third reg!! Since adding this reg could cause extra problems (and is)!! You have problems with the Thor, ditch the Thor. Problem solved!!! Hope this helps (probably not)!!!

MinimagRockin'
11-19-2002, 02:32 AM
Not. But to answer your question, when I ran co2 i used a palmers stabalizer with a gutted mag reg and i liked how it performed that way. So I was going to use the thor as my second reg (i don't want to use the stab anymore cause it is that kind that screws directly into the AIR valve and it was annoying).

MinimagRockin'
11-20-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by MinimagRockin'
Out of all of the superior wisdom that AO members possess...

I take that comment back. All that I needed to do was put an extra oring down inside the thor to seal it up better. Some techies you guys turned out to be...

JK

toymyster
11-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Leave it to us to miss the most obvious things!!!