PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of the yellow pin for e-mags?

56kSomeGuy
11-17-2002, 03:04 PM
The e-mag that i got did not come with a pin(i brought it used and i don't really want to buy one since i am using a stick to replace the yellow pin).I did a search and only fould two people who have done something to get rid of the yellow pin one was a switch and the other was a pin that had a notch. Has anyone else done anyting to replace the yellow pin and what is the new switch that is on the x-mags which could be press to turn the gun on or off?

Jonno06
11-17-2002, 03:08 PM
I think the switch would be a good idea..and thats what I would do if i had an emag..

Kevmaster
11-17-2002, 07:03 PM
id just take my batter pack off....i never had a pin

oldsoldier
11-17-2002, 07:10 PM
The switch on the x-mag works, well, like a switch. Instead of the interruptor key, the switch physically turns off the juice. It is a press type switch either, it is a swing type switch, that has a spring attached to the end of it, so you cant break it.

TippmannMan
11-17-2002, 07:14 PM
i dont see what the whole fuss is about the pin. its very snug it stays in there as long as someone doesnt chuck your marker on a tree. and i only have it in before and after a day of playing paintball. as for during play i just keep it in my pocket. yes i can see the advantage of a switch but i wont be worrying about it until its the last upgrade i need :)

cphilip
11-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Yes but the X mag switch is mounted on the ACE board. And that is in a specialy milled place in the grip that regular emags do not have. Its not worth it just to get a switch.

Getting rid of the Emag pin is easy! They tend to hide and run away on their own! :D Keeing them is the hard part. I keep a few hand fulls of them in my tool box. And now I always strap mine to the marker in some fashion using a key ring or a nipple cover leash.

Pleanty of folks substitute a golf tee when they lose theirs. That works. Taking the battery off also works fine.

oldsoldier
11-17-2002, 08:41 PM
You're right Phil. I wasnt saying that they can substitute it though. As far as keeping the pin...I used the short chain off my dogtags. Put a split ring on the key, put the chain onto my steel hose. Worked for me!

Tunaman
11-17-2002, 10:14 PM
and as TK put it, there isn't a switch made that size that will hold up to the Battery Amperage. Thats why the switch is used to turn off the transistor on the ACE board...not to directly sever the battery lead.:D ;)