PDA

View Full Version : I got shot directly down the barrel today!

cphilip
11-17-2002, 06:41 PM
And I got witnesses! I was shot directly into the barrel. I was exchaning fire with Mike from our club all the way across the field. I didn't see it happen balls were wizzing and banging my bunker and all. But at one point when I popped back out to fire back again I thought I broke a ball down the barrel. it went Pflllt and squirted. No level 10 kick in or nothing. First one broken down my barrel since lvl 10 install. So I do not carry a squeegie anymore. I finished the game on out as it was hopper ball so I probably shot anther 50 or so balls all kinda squirrely and another break or two and I notice each break more oooze of Pink out the vents of the Freak tip. Didn't dawn on me in the heat of the game that I was shooting white fill! But I was wondering what had all the sudden happened. After the game we discovered nice swirls of pink mixed with my few broken ball spooge all in the barrel and some all the way to the bolt. A little anyway that far. Also some pink splatter in my Halo but not much but evident it came from the front. Mike was shooting pink paint fill. Me white! I got witnesses. I saved the dirty tip to take a picture of. What are the odds of that!!!

darklord
11-17-2002, 06:43 PM
:eek: pics please!

edit- heh, 1st post! :p

ezrunner
I was there.....

phil is telling it straight.
The odds of getting a hit
right down the barrel?

Tom... statistics?

-rob

yeahthatsme
i got shot in the head while i was reffing today.

boomerfoxtrot
11-17-2002, 06:48 PM
down the barrel..

That's the first I've heard of that one!! 8-)

I played 5 games today in a 5 man tourny and didn't take a shot ALL 5 games! then took three in the next two...
we placed 3ed.... so I can't cry too much... :D

demonguy8
11-17-2002, 07:01 PM
i like watching two people shoot at each other and hit each others balls in mid air... but down a barrel? that HAS to be 100000000x rarer

TippmannMan
11-17-2002, 07:07 PM
i got my adco hot shot sight shot out. this was during my newer paintball years mind you :) anyway i peeked out and BAM the paintball shoots thru the sight and hits my goggles. so for anyone that knows what the hot shots look like i had paint and a plastic lens on my goggle :p

MantisMag
11-17-2002, 07:22 PM
it made it all the way down!? :eek: that's crazy.

Trench
11-17-2002, 07:23 PM
Lol@Phil... that is great!

cphilip
11-17-2002, 07:38 PM
well some paint made it all the way down. It looks like it broke as it entered. As there was a little splatter on the Halo in front. But a lot of the paint made it into the barrel and down about half way at least. And there was a fleck of shell or two near the bolt. Its hard say though as I did continue to shoot out that barrel. But even after that there was significant pink paint mixed with my white at the end. And pink and white swirls of paint in the porting oozing out from the inside as I shot more paint. There was no paint at all on the outside only the ports.

Shirow
11-17-2002, 07:46 PM
Happened to me once too. I think it is pretty rare though, and I just got shot in the tip of the barrel.

LittMag
11-17-2002, 07:47 PM
So, if a ref had seen this happen would you be out?

Fanatic
11-17-2002, 07:51 PM
i want mike's barrel!!

Shirow
11-17-2002, 07:51 PM
I didn't call myself out but I would say yes of course, you got hit on your equipment. I thought I broke one at first too, like Cphilip, until I realized I wasn't actually pulling the trigger when I saw it explode ;)

battlegroup
11-17-2002, 07:52 PM
I had this happen to me in '97. I was shooting pink and I started shooting erratically. I went to clean my barrel and out came yellow. It took me a few seconds to realize what happened and I eventually called myself out and met up with the guy I was shooting at after the game. I asked and he said he was shooting yellow before I told him why I asked. I took a while before he stopped bragging about it.

rx2
11-17-2002, 08:03 PM
I have had it happen a few times.
It really isn't a matter of statistics any differently then hitting any other target. If you have your barrel hanging out, not firing any paint, it isn't unlikely that someone firing hundreds of rounds at you might get one in your barrel.
Actually, two of the times it has happened to me, it was virtually inevitable. It was back in 93, when I was playing a field with plywood bunkers that had holes cut in them to allow paint to enter and exit. Some guy was trying to get them through the hole, and was coming close. So, I jammed my old VM-68 through the hole to block, while a kid who was with me exchanged fire around the sides.
THis guy, for some reason, kept going back to try and stick one through the hole, but only hit my barrel (which didn't count in this game). More than one got down the barrel, but, we ended up stalling things long enough that they guy was taken out by another.
ANYHOW, the moral of the story is that if you put yourself in position, a ball can and will get down your barrel.

Now, one making it all the way down in one piece would be something to see!

Lone Brain Cell
11-17-2002, 08:05 PM
It happend to me once in a tournie.....the ref saw the ball come into my barricade & he came running over to see where it had hit me...I was already looking for it. I found it Blue & yellow paint oozing out of the power feed. when i was cleaning up I noticed a tiny bit of blue at the end of my barrel. Closer inspection blue and black shell mixed in with red and yellow shell in the breach. Plus a whole heap of mess up the elbow.
I couldnt believe it. odds are too big to mention i'd recon. But it must happen a few times

cphilip
11-17-2002, 08:10 PM
yes if I had realized what had happened in the game I might have had to call myself out. But there was no obvious paint on the marker or at least not much enough to be anything but a little splatter on the Halo. And since it was all inside I Didn't figure it out though until after the game was over and I was trying to figure out why I suddenly started breaking paint down the barrel. There was no paint on the edges of the muzzle at all. Muzik tells me it happended to him too once.

mrhooie
11-17-2002, 08:33 PM
I've shot some one down the barrel once - I've got a really bad picture of it somewhere

cool for you cphilip :D

KamikazeChiKenz
11-17-2002, 09:28 PM
I was reffing two weekends ago and there were one guy on each team left. They were both exchanging fire when all of a sudden one guy called himself out without any sort of paint splatter or anything. What had happened was a ball was shot into his barrel and jammed his bolt. After closer investigation it was the other guys paint. What are the odds?

RRfireblade
11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
1 reason why closed bolt guns are better then open.

What? You think I'm nuts?

Well I might be but hear goes anyway.

I shot my brother in the barrel of his Spider shutter so perfectly that the ball ran all the way down the barrel and broke on the ball against the bolt and accually splattered paint up into his hopper and wasted a hole hopper full of paint in the process.His bolt got jambed by one of MY shells and disabled his gun for the rest of the game.We even found my shell fragments inside the bottom of his hopper. BELIEVE IT.

Jay.

cphilip
11-18-2002, 08:57 AM
The pict. Me shooting white fill only and Mike was shooting at me with pink.

Ultimator
11-18-2002, 10:04 AM
It happened to a friend of mine once too. He was shooting one of those 8" smart parts venturi barrels (they're really big bore). Somehow the paint got all the way to the bolt or one of his paintballs.

benzy2
11-18-2002, 11:07 AM
well one day i was using a tigershark and my friend had a talon and we shot so slow that mine went in his barrel and didnt break. He then pumped his talon and shot mine and one of his back at me. It was so funny lookin to see it from my end cause you see the shot is perfect then the ball hits his gun but it just gets shoot back at you. We later with different guns shot the inside of my friends spyder. We dont play gun hits so he kept playin

Creative Mayhem
11-18-2002, 12:12 PM
LOL nice one phil, I've seen this before, every time I hear it happens I can't help but laugh.

C Mayhem

Sinistarr
11-18-2002, 12:16 PM
I've seen it happen, makes a bloody mess in a 20" barrel!! Took the dude 10 minutes to get all of the splooge out, and the first one in the stack was the other mans paint!

Almost happened to me at the meet. tunaman jr and I were exchanging paint and one exploded right in front of my barrel, I guess I was shooting and the paint collided.

It's kewl, unless you are the one shot in the barrel!! Then it kinda sucks.

G

BTAutoMag
11-18-2002, 01:19 PM
i almost got hit down the barrel if it wernt for some really awsome timeing. i shot a ball and it hit a ball coming at me about 3 inches out of my barrel. so cool

Tom Sparkman
11-18-2002, 01:42 PM
Squeegeeing the barrel it dawned on me I wasn't shooting pink...

The odds against it aren't that high. If all I can see is a barrel, I'll aim for that even when gun hits don't count. (mess with the other guy's accuracy if nothing else).

Tom

Micromag man!
11-18-2002, 03:41 PM
I was at a local field by where i live like a year ago and a friend of mine was a bunker apart from this guy with a mag and got shot twice down the barrel of his spyder in like half a second (no joke) and his spyder ddidnt work for the rest of the day

lillfroboy
11-18-2002, 04:47 PM
that is rare but i have the statistics, look at my sig just substitute the opposition comming in from behind and but in the ball going down the barrel:D :D :D :D

owe it all to durty dan

Brian68mag
11-18-2002, 04:51 PM
LOL!
My freind almost had it happen to him, it hit the tip of the barrel dead straight, 1/2 of it went inside his barrel, other half got his mask. I thought thst was insane but this is crazy!

pbzmag
11-18-2002, 05:27 PM
I broke some balls in flight. It was sweet to see my rounds hit the other guys rounds. Cool paint explosion.

TheJester
11-18-2002, 07:21 PM
well i can't say i've ever been shot down the barrel, but i have had times when i've had yellow paint in my barrel when i was shooting white, but those were more of breaks on the end of the barrel, not in

FreshmanBob
11-18-2002, 07:56 PM
I shot some guy with a 98 at ABC down the barrel, i think about 3/4 went down it the rest splattered around the edge of his barrel, I don't think he even knew what happened.

hitech
11-18-2002, 08:03 PM
I sort of had it happen to me also. I think the ball only made it a few inches (at most) however. I too only firgured it out after the game when I took off the barrel. Wrong color paint.