PDA

View Full Version : nasty or rat impulse

EsPo
11-17-2002, 06:54 PM
ill be getting a new gun soon, well, sometime after christmas, and ive decided on either a rat or a nasty impulse.. they are both in the same price range, only 25$ more for the nasty, but which is better?

-=Squid=-
11-17-2002, 07:06 PM
personally, I prefer the nasty. Sorry, no real reason why, they will both perform pretty much the same, I just like the look of da NASTY better.

speedyejl
11-17-2002, 07:13 PM
Nasty better value.

Trench
11-17-2002, 07:16 PM
I would say the Nasty...

magman007
11-17-2002, 07:37 PM
eh, for the price get an e-mag... or a gz timmy... but if you really want an impy, get a nasty or save for an AI

EsPo
11-17-2002, 07:41 PM
i could get a GZ for 600?!? AI??

EsPo
11-17-2002, 10:06 PM
do you mean AVI??

Snewk
11-17-2002, 10:43 PM
Nasty, all the way.

freek133
11-17-2002, 10:47 PM
I do think magman meant adrenaline impulse "AI"

why you gettin outta mags?

oh yeah, I prefer the nasty to the rat but the emag beats them all IMO

paintslinger
11-17-2002, 11:06 PM
it has to be done

p.s. i like nasty or rat...i think its rat...yea good ole rat

zbody
11-17-2002, 11:20 PM
Go with the nasty. The rat is just fugly in my opinion.

AutoMaggot
11-18-2002, 01:48 PM
Im trying to get myself a Nasty too... Just need to sell my Lockout. IMO, they are much better looking than the Rats... however, performance between most all custom impulses remains nearly the same.

There are only a few uprades which determine only how the gun feels while shooting. Rate of fire is affected a wee bit by lightening up the bolt... but you can easily pull 13 balls a second with a stock Imp and a decent feeding system... I saw it this weekend with a buds new Vision... But back when I had my old 'Pulse, I dumped a Dezigns bolt, new Ti Pull pin, a blade trigger, and a Tape Worm into it... and to tell you the truth, it shot EXACTLY the same as every custom Imp-job I've had the pleasure of shooting.

When my buds Adren. Angel went down at a Necoo event, I wound up using an Eclipse, then back at the field that same weekend, I messed around with a Rat... and they all feel the same... so basically it comes down to cosmetics... the only real difference you're going to feel is the amount of kick, which is taken care of with new bolts, pins, etc...

Impulses are definitely sweet guns though... They are becoming more and more popular... hell, look through the new Facefull... you'll see more Imps than anything else... especially now that the Ton Tons are getting so popular. Their customs are SO FRIKKIN NICE!

Anyhoo... get the nasty because its sexy.

EsPo
11-18-2002, 03:07 PM
im getting out of mags because i was dissapointed by the trigger pull that a mag has, i expected something different. i am getttin into electros because if you adjust them right, they can have verrry short trigger pulls.

i am going to go with the nasty.. unless i can find an emag with a tank for 625... or a timmy. but should i get the blade or magno trigger?

pics..... <a href="http://www.pbreview.com/1071/1/0/">rat</a> <a href="http://www.pbreview.com/1192/1/0/">nasty</a>

ps..if i get either of them, i will be running them on co2 for a while, and a bottomline reg. niether of them will have fades b\c they cost like 80 bucks more, and i cant offord that.

wow, pie has more votes than rat..

AutoMaggot
11-18-2002, 03:42 PM
The blades I've shot can be set to rediculously short lengths... there was an Eclipse Impy up at Pro Paintball that was seriously the shortest travel I've ever felt. It was NUTS.

I shot a magno-trigger on a Pre-Adrenaline Impulse (before they really make their own design)... and it ripped pretty good. From what I remember you couldnt really walk it too well, but you could sweetspot the hell out of it.

cris8762
11-18-2002, 04:32 PM
i say rat, i like the more streamlined milling (a lot of guns have the X milling these days) and www.e-paintballoutlet.com offers the "Project Rat" for less that what you would pay for a nasty....

you get a rat with bottom maxy flo, blade, delrin bolt, tapeworm, custom forgrip, valve, and feed tube, and a freak with 1 insert, all milled and annoed!! i seriously recommend checking it out!!

for more info go to www.pbreview.com and check out the IMPULSE forums there, that's where all the EPBO guys hang out and answer questions

EsPo
11-18-2002, 05:05 PM
rat is just short for project rat hehehe...

you get a rat with bottom maxy flo, blade, delrin bolt, tapeworm, custom forgrip, valve, and feed tube, and a freak with 1 insert, all milled and annoed!! i seriously recommend checking it out!!

thats almost exactly what a nasty is but the nasty has diff. milling.

Skoad
11-18-2002, 06:39 PM
A guy here at school has his own impulse called Logic Impulse, check them out at http://www.logicpaintball.com

site is still under construction, but the gun rips.

If you have any questions contact them, he's a real good guy

EsPo
11-18-2002, 07:11 PM
wow, the logic is nice, if i have enough money i will buy that one. can someone just pleeeze tell me how much money <a href="http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57048">this</a>is worth????

AutoMaggot
11-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Well, I broke down and got a Pumpkin Vision Rat today... lol... She'll be in my hands on Friday so if this thread is still up and running, then I'll do a massive review.

And so what your saying is that this Logic dude doesnt do anything original to Impulses... I mean, thats a stock Nasty and 32* but they have ND 15* ASAs and a few other things... big woop.

cris8762
11-18-2002, 08:41 PM
ACTUALLY ESPO, there are 2 different rat impulses, ther is the rat impulse, and then there is the PROJECT rat impulse-which is just a basic rat with all the basic upgrades that doesn't have any other upgrades available....it is for those that want all the goodies that come with the rat, but at a cheaper cost because they are not custom built for the customer, they're premade ready for sale.......i know what i'm talking about, i bought my imp from epbo and i've talked to craig from epbo many times about his product

please do your research b4 you speak

(no flame intended, i'm defending imps like most people here defend the mag, so lets not turn this into a mag vs. imp debate or a flame war)

EsPo
11-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
please do your research b4 you speak

(no flame intended, i'm defending imps like most people here defend the mag, so lets not turn this into a mag vs. imp debate or a flame war)

if this did turn into a flame war, your the one who started it... the flame that wasnt intended was taken... i actually have done research before i spoke, i must have just skipped over the other rat.. im sry if i *insulted* the imp and made you feel so insecure that you had to defend yourself.

Originally posted by AutoMaggot
And so what your saying is that this Logic dude doesnt do anything original to Impulses... I mean, thats a stock Nasty and 32* but they have ND 15* ASAs and a few other things... big woop.

i think it is a big woop:D

hehe the nasty & pie are neck and neck now..

cris8762
11-18-2002, 09:23 PM
espo- all i was doing was trying to clarify something that you said.

so what if i'm defending a product i like? what if someone went into a mag vs. cocker debate and said "mags chop like hell, get a cocker!!".... you would defend the mag (hopefully) and correct the person.

thats almost exactly what a nasty is but the nasty has diff. milling.
BUT- the rat is 25 dollars cheaper!:D

ALSO for an extra 25 bucks (650) you can BUILD a custom rat to your liking with any bolt, any trigger (besides Iframe), whatever color SP grips u want, any size freak insert, and a SS or brass hammer, and it comes standard with the vertical reg., which costs 35 extra dollars if you got a nasty...... all of the options i just listed are included in the price, but they have hundreds of OTHER upgrades you can add for a good price that they will install AND fix for free under their warranty

EsPo
11-18-2002, 09:46 PM
even though i own a mag, i always wanted a cocker just to clear that up(and mags DO chop like crazy, unless you have LX :D ;)
so if i were to build a custom rat, and get the following
evolution bolt
devils tounge trigger
sp stickys
normal bore paint
milled rat ear feed tube
adjustable lpr
sp aluminum hammer
sp ss ram shaft
delrin valve
v2 cricket "fast program"
dude, all of the colors cost an extra, that means 750, not 650

would that all cost me 650??

cris8762
11-18-2002, 10:01 PM
everything except the LPR would cost you 650, for 650 you get the tapeworm, but you also get the vert. reg so it's kinda a trade off, with the lpr it would cost 720 i think, but that gets you the reg, adapter, hose, etc., and they set it up for you.....building the custom rat means you get to choose what parts you want and they put it together for u, that's why it costs a bit more, cuz they custom build it for ya.....that's also why the project rat is cheaper, cuz they're already built

Espo i'd recommend you get one of the college packs they've got and put a couple more upgrades on it!

EsPo
11-18-2002, 10:06 PM
o... poopy... im going to go with the nasty, but if i dont come up with enough money for the nasty, i will def get one of those college packages.

cris8762
11-18-2002, 10:10 PM
espo, i bet if you CALLED up the guys at the store you could ask them nicely if they would put a LPR on a project rat for you...it'd be cheaper that way....maybe the'd do it if you asked nicely!!

speedyejl
11-19-2002, 06:47 AM
May I poison you with Nasty propaganda?
I know aint she a beauty?
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/speedyejl/P1010032.jpg
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/speedyejl/P1010033.jpg