PDA

View Full Version : I Am Confused, Need Response!!

IcantBelieveit
11-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Hey guys i recently got my classic mag, have not had a whole lot of time to shoot it, but i was just reading thorugh some of the post. I i got really confused with spacers, shims, washers, on/offs. and all this other mess
is it really as complicated as it sounds or is it really easy once you get down to it? I have ordered my book and video but have not gotten it yet. Are these guns hard to worrk on? are they the type of gun that you have to constantly work on, or can I just air it up chrono it and play? I am gettin a lvl10 bolt. I hear it is really good and will give me a noticable difference
and is the internal regulator, preset?
it really does not look like there is much to the gun at all, but reading through all the post it seems as though there are tons of parts, and lots of room for error,
let me know and any tips and tricks that will help
thanks again
Kenny

Dayspring
11-17-2002, 10:28 PM
A) Welcome aboard.
B) THe Spacers/Shims is part of the level 10 kit. There is extensive coverage of this all over the boards & we'd be happy to help you after you go through the start up instructions if you have difficulty.
C) And actually, the gun IS very simple to work on. Watching the video helps ALOT.
D) The regulator is all internal. All you do is adjust the velocity. You don't do anything else.
E) More often than not, a little oil and maybe a new o-ring here and there and almost all Mag issues are solved.

Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
Hey guys i recently got my classic mag, have not had a whole lot of time to shoot it, but i was just reading thorugh some of the post. I i got really confused with spacers, shims, washers, on/offs. and all this other mess
is it really as complicated as it sounds or is it really easy once you get down to it? I have ordered my book and video but have not gotten it yet. Are these guns hard to worrk on? are they the type of gun that you have to constantly work on, or can I just air it up chrono it and play? I am gettin a lvl10 bolt. I hear it is really good and will give me a noticable difference
and is the internal regulator, preset?
it really does not look like there is much to the gun at all, but reading through all the post it seems as though there are tons of parts, and lots of room for error,
let me know and any tips and tricks that will help
thanks again
Kenny

toymyster
11-17-2002, 10:29 PM
The mag is the easiest gun to work on!!! Question is: How does your mag shoot?? If the answer is "good" or better, leave everything alone!! Maintenance is simple, and once you get the manual and watch the video it will all become clear!!! Hope this helps!!

IcantBelieveit
11-17-2002, 10:45 PM
another question is, I forgot what it is called, but it is the wire thingi nt he barrel that keeps the balls from rolling downt he barrel, should i put out a few bucks and get the plastic ones? i remember my buddys mag would split the paint b/c his "thing" was bent too far out

Dayspring
11-18-2002, 12:19 AM
Nubbin.

I replaced mine. But I haven't had any problems with the wire ones. But better to be safe than sorry. (Plus the plastic nubbuns won't break)

Originally posted by IcantBelieveit
another question is, I forgot what it is called, but it is the wire thingi nt he barrel that keeps the balls from rolling downt he barrel, should i put out a few bucks and get the plastic ones? i remember my buddys mag would split the paint b/c his "thing" was bent too far out