PDA

View Full Version : preasure drop off

skippy12
11-18-2002, 10:53 AM
hi all,
i need help bad. my minimag has a preasure dropoff problem. i can shoot the forst 2 balls fine (the first is always better thatn tha second)and then it seems like to preasure just drops off and by the 3rd or 4th ball i get a bout 10 feet out of them then theyu just trickle out the barrel. if i stop and wait it seems like it recharges itself and then i can start to shoot 2 balls again. i have to wait about 15 to 30 seconds for the gun to recharge. then it starts all over. this is only the second time i have used the gun and i have always run it on nitro. i am going to get a parts kit and start replacing things but i dont feel i should have to do this every time i play. i thought this was something that was in the video on how to fix but i havent had a chance to watch it again to look. still what could have caused this to happen so quickly? please help. at this point i am almost disapointed and i dont want to day that about any AGD product. and yes i have cleaned all of the o-rings and oiled it in all of the required places...... HELP!!

battlegroup
11-18-2002, 11:12 AM
First, try a different air source on your marker to make sure that isn't the problem. If it has the same problem with the new air source then try these:
What type of hoses are you using? If you have Microline it might be clogged. I have seen a couple of markers have shootdown like that because of the Microline. I suggest Stainless Steel braided hose, But some prefer Macroline. If it is the microline either of those should fix it.
If it isn't microline, do you have any Filters in the line? If you do, remove them. When they get clogged you get major shoot down.
If you don't have filters, Take your fittings apart and make sure there is no teflon tape or other material like loctite, dirt, etc. blocking any of the fittings on the hose or the gun.
If it isn't any of those, take your AIRvalve apart and use a pipe cleaner and run it through all the channels and holes to get all the dirt/sand out.
That should take care of it.

cphilip
11-18-2002, 01:18 PM
Welcome Skippy to AO!

Moving to Tech forum.

toymyster
11-18-2002, 02:07 PM
That does sound like an air source problem!!!

Ultimator
11-18-2002, 02:34 PM
Yep, It'd definitely an air source problem. When I turn off my on/off the same thing happens. One strong shotof air, one semi-strong shot of air, then the rest just makes that farting sound. Try using a friend's nitro tank. If that doesn't solve it, try disassembling your mag and cleaning all the air fittings and such (make sure you are consulting a guide of some sort or you may end up screwing up your mag. The video probably goes over this.)

Take it easy.

skippy12
11-18-2002, 04:14 PM
i have only used the tank 2 times as well i would be extreemly disapointed if this ended up being a tank issue.

thanks for all of the thoughts. if anyone has any more just keep them comming.

Smokee_2_7
11-18-2002, 04:44 PM
just curious, what type of nitro system is it?

epterry
11-18-2002, 06:43 PM
If it’s a screw in it may not be screwed in all the way. This sounds stupid but it’s happened to me before.:cool:

skippy12
11-19-2002, 09:47 AM
all,
i called AGD and they suggested that i get a parts kit and replace the regulator seat. (the small disk on the regulator pin in between the reg and the valve) so i did it and shot 20 or 30 shots through it. it is seeming to work fine now. rock on for the AGD tech support. i am slightly concerned that after less than 1000 rounds of paint through it i am having to replace a part. does anyone else have these issues? i found parts kits form a local shop for only 5 bucks but it is still dissapointing. that trade in value is looking better and better. i guess i will wait till the end of the season and see what happens. if this continues,,, i may have to start looking around.

any thoughts???

Kevmaster
11-19-2002, 04:04 PM
dont worry...mags hradly ever need work. did you get yours new or used?

i bet this will be the last fix you have to make for 10,000+ shots....

skippy12
11-20-2002, 12:22 PM
i got my mini New. i hope it is the las fix i need to make for a while. i am going to replace all of the o rings in the gun just to make sure there isnt a busted o ring somewhere. but after only shooting less than 1000 rouunds through it i am just a little nurvous about it. i dont play that often but when i do i want a reliable gun. that is why i bought a mag. if i dont get that soon i will move to something else. right now i am 1 for 1 50% sucks. well see what happens this weekend.

Nobody077
11-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Just to give you an idea on how often I change the O-rings in my mag, I got my gun new in 95 and have only bought 1 parts kit for it untill today and I orderd a second just in case.;)

skippy12
11-25-2002, 11:18 AM
all,

skippy12
11-25-2002, 11:24 AM
all,
i took my mag apart last night after shooting about 100 shots through it and noticed that the same thing had happened to the new regulator seat that i put in. it had some small creases in it on each side. i lookie at the valve and the regulator sides and i noticed that they both had a small raised circular lip on the edge where the regular seat would contact both pieces. i am wondering if this samll lip is normal. i will try to post a pic of what i am talking about but if you look i think this will explain what i am talking about. i am pplaying agaon this weenend and i am starting to get worried that i am going to end up having the same problem again. thanks for any help.

TheTramp
11-25-2002, 11:49 AM
As far as reg. seats go, this like should answer all your questions.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7291

One important thing to stress is that once you put in a seat and fire the gun you shouldn't take the valve apart again until you want to replace the seat again. It develops those "creases" and it's very diffecult to get them to line-up properly again.