PDA

View Full Version : What is Trigger Bounce?

xrancid_milkx
11-18-2002, 11:21 AM
What exactly is trigger bounce? And what causes it? I keep seeing threads about how people want to prevent it. It seems bad enough to were I should know how to prevent it.

shartley
11-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx
What exactly is trigger bounce? And what causes it? I keep seeing threads about how people want to prevent it. It seems bad enough to were I should know how to prevent it.
This is caused by more trigger return pressure than the pressure you are using to pull the trigger. By applying the right amount of pressure you cause the trigger to keep firing and kicking back at your finger in a constant cycling. To stop firing, you just reduce pressure, or add more, causing you to move out of the "sweet spot" (the spot where pull pressure and return pressure are optimal for continual self firing). It is not really "bouncing" at all, since if you reduce pressure it will stop, it just looks that way, and thus gets the name.

As for preventing it..... just use your marker the way it was designed to be used. You have to actually make your marker do this, by altering it.... or at times you can do this by simply turning up your input pressure to VERY high levels. Without altering your marker, it will not (unless it is malfunctioning and has something wrong with it) "sweet spot" with normal opperating pressures... 600-900psi. or even higher.

There is much more information on this here on AO, and it can be found by doing a simple search using the search feature. :)

Oh, and if I have not said so before….welcome to AO.

Kevmaster
11-18-2002, 01:58 PM
when Shartly says: You have to actually make your marker do this, by altering it....

the this means able to bounce. i first read it and thought he ment this ment the marker firing normally. just trying to clarify