PDA

View Full Version : RT Valve question

xrancid_milkx
11-18-2002, 12:57 PM
I read that if you have a left handed feed that I would have to order a different RT valve so it would work properly. Is that true? I have a left handed body so if it is I would have to order it. Does it cost extra?

shartley
11-18-2002, 01:01 PM
No.

And where did you read that?

xrancid_milkx
11-18-2002, 11:56 PM
Quoted From * http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=19&CATID=5 *(Airgun Designs Website):

IMPORTANT! If you have a Hopper Left Minimag with the original short hose, please order the Reverse option at no extra charge. This is the ONLY time the Reverse option should be ordered.

SAVE TIME ON GO RETRO! Give us the serial number of the valve you will be turning in on the Message line when you are placing your order.

One More Warning: The Retro Valve will not fit into an Automag RT. (It WILL fit an RT Pro.) If you have an RT, please do NOT order a Retro Valve.

This is were I got the information. Took me a while to find it again. So does this mean I have to get the Reversed one?

Xzion
11-19-2002, 01:40 AM
you only need the reverse option if your using a hopper left Minimag, and your still using the short SS braided hose that runs along the body from the vert adapter to the valve. If you use a regular air port valve, the power feed will get in the way of the short SS minimag hose. However, if your not actually using the short SS minimag hose that came stock on it, you'll be fine with the air port on either side.

shartley
11-19-2002, 06:17 AM
LOL Well THAT makes a difference.... it is amazing what happens when you supply all the needed info. ;) Next time please provide ALL the information so that folks can actually give you the information you need…… because an RTPro also has an RT valve. ;)