PDA

View Full Version : Tom, a small request

Smokee_2_7
11-18-2002, 03:09 PM
Tom, I hate to bother you, but I have a small request.

I have an Emag that is currently in for repair. (this is the second time in just a couple months, but that is a whole different story.)

The problem with the gun has to do with the trigger frame. Without going into too many details, I talked to Jon just a littel while on the phone, and asked about the status of the repair. He looked up the RA#, and told me that It is on hold until either (i believe i heard right) you or one other person gets to take a look at it. Apparently somthing needs to be checked in regards to the tolerances of the grip frame.

Anyway, the point of the whole thing is this. I have a buyer interested in the gun. He is also trying out this friday afternoon for the 'young guns' team my shop is coaching/sponsoring. He would like, very much, to be able to play with the gun on friday. He is also considering buying an angel (used) instead- - so I definitly want the gun to speak for itself.

I have an X-mag on pre-order, and need the sale of my emag to help pay for the new one. After calling airgun last week, I heard that I MAY be looking at sometime next month for that marker. If I cant' sell this emag, it will make it difficult to be able to get the x-mag in the next month or so. It would make it much eaiser to sell my emag if I could have it to let the potential buyer test it out- - - this friday.

I understand this may be too much to ask, and that you may not have enough time to get this taken care of on such short notice. Trust me, I definitly understand if you dont. However, I feel that it couldn't hurt to ask.

The RA# is 91073. Jon should be able to fill you in on it too. I dont' know if you remember or not, but I was able to hang out with you guys a bit this past year at mardi gras with Load SM5.

Anyway, Thank you for you time.

Carl

Smokee_2_7
11-19-2002, 08:27 AM
up, so this can be seen.

Kevmaster
11-19-2002, 03:41 PM
give AGD a call and ask for tech support. theyll be able to help you out with the details. Tom doesnt usually do personal requests such as this(unless you are really special)

Load SM5
11-19-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
give AGD a call and ask for tech support. theyll be able to help you out with the details. Tom doesnt usually do personal requests such as this(unless you are really special)

He's already talked to tech....and trust me, he's special.;)

Smokee_2_7
11-19-2002, 05:32 PM
lol thanks load.

Yup, thats right. Tech already knows the deal. It's looking like the gun is already headed towards Toms desk before it will come back to me (due to what is wrong with it.) I was just asking maybe if he could take to time to go ahead and do it, so I could get it back sooner- - - So I could be more likely to have the $$ to buy a brand new x-mag from him.

As far as being special, im no more special than anyone else. I just happen to be a mag fanatic thats also in a management/ Salesperson position at a local field. My field has seen the # of mag users more than triple since i started working there. (b/f i got there, there were only 3. THis past sunday, there were about 12 out playing walk on ball. . . thats not even all of them.)

As far as special requests, I know Tom is a VERY busy man. I know that he really has a full plate with all the new products and deadlines going on. I'm not EXPECTING any special treatment. Normally I wouldn't even think of asking for any, but considering the circumstances (btw, ive had this gun since july, and never got to play a game w/ it. This is the SECOND time ive sent it in to AGD.) I figure it can't hurt to ask nicely.

Carl

Ryknow
11-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Heh...I'm one of the people who he convinced to use a mag...I'm even modeling a Z-Grip mag to be as close to his as possible I liked it so much! and it would be cool for him to sell his e-mag for a new x-mag...that way we would have even another mag user (who is getting rid of his autococker for a mag lol)

Ultimator
11-19-2002, 06:53 PM
I was the 4th in on the mag trend. Carl has great influence :). Last sunday there really was 12 mags at the field O_O.

Up for a great guy!

AGDJon
11-20-2002, 02:22 PM
Being looked into now :-) Hey Smokee. Tom told me to look into it. didn't realize it was yours LOL :)

edited: OK JJ said that he had to put/use a helicoil or somthing to that extent. It is still being worked on right now and he is going to try and wrap it up by the end of the week the latest. He really doesn't want to make any promises but is highly aware of Tom's take on this particular marker. Call me if you want more info Carl. You got my number bro

Smokee_2_7
11-20-2002, 10:37 PM
Jon,

Thank you SO much for this. I definitly owe ya one.
I will give you a call tomorrow to get the rest of the details. Oh, in other news, Talking with my boss today: the time to make an order from you guys is getting closer, and the shopping list is getting much bigger than usual.

Thanks again,

Carl