PDA

View Full Version : acid question, need asap

BajaBoy
11-18-2002, 06:29 PM
ok i need to know what store/s to look for to pick up some sulfiric acid aka Battery acid. The store i usaly get it from is no longer open:(

please help.. need it Asap

athomas
11-19-2002, 03:05 PM
Go to any automotive store.

BajaBoy
11-20-2002, 08:41 PM
thanx i tried one "autoparts" store and they looked at me like i was a... bad person. Or like What is this kid on?

Lone Brain Cell
11-20-2002, 09:21 PM
Try a hardwhare stors/ Builders supplies. They use Hydrocloric acid for cleaning bricks, I'm pretty sure they use sulfiric acid too.

spazzed
11-20-2002, 09:43 PM
What do you need it for?

Tunaman
11-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Just a reminder...Pleae be VERY careful when working with sulfuric acid. The hydrogen gas it expels is highly flammable. One drop in your eye and you are blind. Sulfuric will eat your clothes and skin. Wear protective gloves and safety glasses when working with it.:eek:

Nobody077
11-20-2002, 10:10 PM
Doing some of your own anno :D You may want to check the yellow pages for a battery sales/recycling shop. I have bought some from a local shop like that by me.

BajaBoy
11-20-2002, 10:19 PM
yes tuna, im very careful:) . This isnt my first time off using it, ive been in it for maybe a month now. Just that the place that i usaly get it from went out of business (sp?) and the only reason i found out about that was because its a battery shop that was right nextdoor to one of my dads ware houses.

I think i found a place in the yellow pages under Chemicals called Rtp or something so im gunna give them a call tomarrow.

tuna, thanx for the tip i really didnt even take time to look if it was flamable.