PDA

View Full Version : What is with the pathetic, parinoid, lazy, and unkowledgable guys with markers?

hostage
11-18-2002, 08:01 PM
First I like to say I enjoy proving people wrong. Secondly, I am dyslexic, excuse my horrific spelling and grammer.

Well I get soo annoyed when people say how you should send something off and not even bother trying to work on it? What happend to the old American enginuity? I like working on markers more than playing, frankly I suck at paintball, but I enjoy working on a marker to make it shoot good or be unique. I even replaced most of my booyaah's parts with better ones. I see many people telling others not to try stuff when it is as almost too easy.

I enjoy seeing other guys projects and hard work, I think that is something to brag about, not winning a tourney or something. I admire the work that tuna and many others from their projects.

Another pep-peave is how people give up get upset and totally diss a product if it doesn't work right away, yes I have done this, we all have. Though there are a few people that just dont give up, then they spread bad rumors about guns and how they heard this did that. When it was the moron holding the gun in the first place. Sorry about my long wining post. But gosh, why do people discourage others from doing stuff, is it since they don't know how to do it themselves and would be ashamed to see others do it?

maybe i am the devil's advocate and love doing things to despite others.

sorry had to vent.
-Hostage

Shirow
11-18-2002, 08:28 PM
oklie doklie

FalconGuy016
11-18-2002, 08:32 PM
I like messing around and upgrading things like paintball guns,

K-villeplayer
11-18-2002, 09:01 PM
I would say people stopped giving information as freely as they did in the past is becuase now a days, the court system will let anything be heard (don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the gov't, i just think people are greedy and will sue anything that has any money:( ) Once people get a law suit filed against them b/c they posted some basic info, that most normal people would understand, and then the one stupid one hurts himself with it, it is suddenly the posters fault. I know people but disclaimers up, but I'm sure the threat of any kind of legal action makes people wary. Some idiot may try a really basic electronic procedure, botch one part of it, and then wreck his new $1000 piece of equipment. Is it his fault for not being as good with tools as other, no it is the posters for putting the information there in the first place.

Just my feelings towards this.

I hate stupid people.

-Andrew

Paintballer86
11-18-2002, 09:02 PM
Your wrong..... I dont find you dyslexic at all. In fact, you think you are and your not, and than there are some people who think their not, and they are. Weird.

davidb
11-18-2002, 09:42 PM
There is no way you can tell if he's dyslexic or not by reading his post.

Miscue
11-18-2002, 09:46 PM
Bottom line: People are dumb... but despite this they can afford stuff.

Pile & A Half
11-18-2002, 09:54 PM
I am dyslexic too.....I guess we win.

TheTramp
11-18-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by hostage
First
I enjoy seeing other guys projects and hard work, I think that is something to brag about, not winning a tourney or something.

The last tourney I was in was hard work. The teams that won worked even harder to get the skills needed to beat the rest of us. I wouldn't have any problem hearing them brag a bit about their acomplishment.

aaron_mag
11-18-2002, 11:37 PM
When I first got my automag I turned the twist lock the wrong way and got the barrel stuck. I wrenched on that thing so hard I was afraid I was going to break it. Finally I took it to a paintball shop and watched in amazement as they used a simple allen wrench to take the barrel off.:)

We kind of learn as we go along. Next thing you know you are replacing the o rings, replacing the o ring in your fill nipple, etc. At first, however, it can be kind of daunting. :D

oldsoldier
11-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Miscue
Bottom line: People are dumb... but despite this they can afford stuff.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to second this...

hostage
11-18-2002, 11:42 PM
I don't mean to bash on tourneys etc, but I think it is more of an achivement to do some great project than win some big tourney. I feel more of an acomplishment when I do something that speaks for itself.

I just love saying how I suck at paintball infront of other people, it is funny cause then they everyone starts confessing up and saying man i suck too, then they give me all these stuiped stories on how the suck. It is quit funny. Instead of bragging how good they are, must be reverse pyschology.

Anyway I am dyslexic, sometimes when I vent in a post there is someone who trys to use my spelling and grammer aginst me.
-Hostage

Pile & A Half
11-19-2002, 12:10 AM
Yeah that happens a lot. Most people can't find anything else to pick on(speically when they are wrong)so they have to go with the spealling and grammer. That's alright though....let them say what they want. It's not going to do anything to you at all. I know that I can't spell that great..wow he told me again...does he want a prize or something? That's the way I see it.

flatacid
11-19-2002, 01:18 AM
im just lazy. but im also cheap. so i won't send in anything for them to fix it. i would rather take someone elses word for it and replace something, or do something to get it working, than pay shipping.

Creative Mayhem
11-19-2002, 05:45 AM
If you have the knowledge and apptitude for performing mods, then I say go for it. If not, then take the safe route and have it fixed. After all damaging a $1000+ marker, is definately not a good thing.

C Mayhem

luke
11-19-2002, 08:09 AM
Boy I know how you feel hostage. I'm a "do it your selfer" too. I hate to pay for services of any kind, that goes for everything, not just paintball.

I'm now dubbed "the hack" because I would rather not pay someone for something I can do myself in just a few minutes. Actually the name is kind of cool, maybe I'll use it some where.........:D

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52647

RamboPreacher
11-19-2002, 11:46 AM
dyslexic atheist (sorry, this is old): "there is no dog".

Anyway, I guess I would be one that would fall into the catagory of the "send it in for repair" guys. It's really too bad that I am stereotyped as such because I really can work on my gear and do some. However, as I grow older, I find that I have more important things to do and it becomes a priority issue.

Why should I spend my "valuable" time dinking with a marker (that I could probably do myself), when I could just pay someone else to do it for me? Don't get me wrong, I probably could do most of the repairs and mods to my gear on my own. I choose not too.

a couple times a year I have some time off work that is not scheduled for a vacation at the same time as my family and I will dig through my box of cockers or my box of sheridan stuff and build something. (my box of automag stuff has been long ago sold/given away)

I absolutely understand that some do it because they like to, heck - I really like tinkering with the gear myself - the problem is that I have a family to support and a hobby to support and I just don't have the time to do it as much as I want.

So - yes, I send my gear in for repair, if I can't fix it with minimal time involvement. Could I fix it on my own, probably, but not necessarily. I want to go and play paintball, I don't necessarily want to spend hours and hours timing my cockers (for example).

This is one of the reasons I like my PPS markers. they work. The more time I have to spend making a marker go, the less time I want to use that marker. Again, I can see that some younger (and older) folks might have different priorities, and different budgets, the require more of a hands-on approach, I would just rather spend my spare non-paintball-playing-time with my family and schooling and church. It's more about priorities, than inginuity and lazieness or lacidasical attitude.

my 2 cents

cphilip
11-19-2002, 12:39 PM
I scored a three out of four! :D

shartley
11-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by RamboPreacher
dyslexic atheist (sorry, this is old): "there is no dog".

Anyway, I guess I would be one that would fall into the catagory of the "send it in for repair" guys. It's really too bad that I am stereotyped as such because I really can work on my gear and do some. However, as I grow older, I find that I have more important things to do and it becomes a priority issue.

Why should I spend my "valuable" time dinking with a marker (that I could probably do myself), when I could just pay someone else to do it for me? Don't get me wrong, I probably could do most of the repairs and mods to my gear on my own. I choose not too.

a couple times a year I have some time off work that is not scheduled for a vacation at the same time as my family and I will dig through my box of cockers or my box of sheridan stuff and build something. (my box of automag stuff has been long ago sold/given away)

I absolutely understand that some do it because they like to, heck - I really like tinkering with the gear myself - the problem is that I have a family to support and a hobby to support and I just don't have the time to do it as much as I want.

So - yes, I send my gear in for repair, if I can't fix it with minimal time involvement. Could I fix it on my own, probably, but not necessarily. I want to go and play paintball, I don't necessarily want to spend hours and hours timing my cockers (for example).

This is one of the reasons I like my PPS markers. they work. The more time I have to spend making a marker go, the less time I want to use that marker. Again, I can see that some younger (and older) folks might have different priorities, and different budgets, the require more of a hands-on approach, I would just rather spend my spare non-paintball-playing-time with my family and schooling and church. It's more about priorities, than inginuity and lazieness or lacidasical attitude.

my 2 cents
Want to form a club? ;)

Miscue
11-19-2002, 01:04 PM
I can relate.

I've been a computer tech for a long time, but I hate having to dump hours into my own stuff, I have better things to do. Although I'm anal and don't let anyone touch my stuff... the temptation is there... to have someone else do it for me while I can take my better half to dinner or something.

hostage
11-19-2002, 01:50 PM
yeah, I was trying to imply to the people who have no excuse not to but they just do it. Like some of my peers in college and friends in highschool, that was what I was venting about. I am like why should i sent it off, and all they can say is just do it. Again i am one of those few that likes markers more than the game. Heh, it might be genetic, I like fixing things and computers, my uncles did engineering and my old man fixes people. Though the thing that does bug me most is how many people on the forum discourage projects, etc. Saying it is not worth your time, it will never work, blah blah, blah.

If you tell me pigs cant fly I will make them.

-Hostage

RamboPreacher
11-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by shartley

Want to form a club? ;) There is one. I think they call us (well, me anyway) the "disgruntled zealots" :)

aaron_mag
11-19-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by shartley

Want to form a club? ;)

Shartley! You surprise me. I'd figure you would subscribe to the notion that you would never join a club that would condescend to have you as a member:)

I know where you guys are coming from. Hostage when you get to the stage where you have to "check with the wife" prior to setting up a day of paintball you will understand:D

Yes it is pathetic. I know you are swearing right now that you will never be forced to "check with the wife" for such things but it WILL happen. Resistance if futile.....

kevdupuis
11-19-2002, 03:08 PM

If you tell me pigs cant fly I will make them.

-Hostage

It's called R.A.T.O.,(rocket assisted takeoff). they were used to assist aircraft in take off and get old chevy's to fly at low altitude into cliffs.:D

Xerces
11-19-2002, 04:44 PM
i like tooling around with pb stuff. if somethings wrong and i cant figure out what it is then id rather take it so someone im paying so if they can screw it up instead of me. that way if they break it, i get compensated. if i break it i eat the costs. but i think its fun to take things apart and put them back together.

SGTKennedy
11-19-2002, 04:57 PM
i like the markers more than the game also.
-kennedy

11-19-2002, 05:32 PM
I hate it when people constantly fool with their guns and it breaks during a game. Its worst when they are on my team.

FooTemps
11-19-2002, 08:24 PM
I hate stupid people who act big...

It just bugs me when people tell me I'm wrong even though I can fix their gun better than they can. The people who brag about stuff like long balling 4 guys in a game or bunkering 3 people in a row can just shut up. Ahhh! Strutting just really bugs me unless it's friendly strutting.

For example, a newbie gets a matrix.
Newb: "Oh yeah! My gun is better than your's! I'm better than you! I only got it for 800 dollars!"
person: "How is it?"
Newb: "It's the best gun I've ever shot/seen"
person: "How many shots did you put through it?"
Newb: "I haven't gotten air yet but it's better than your gun"
person: "I have an emag"
Newb: "Well, all you do is sit in the back and lay paint like lazy fool. You're just jealous"
person: "ok, i'll buy it for 850"
Newb: "No! I don't need you buying my gun"
person: "Do you even know how to adjust the velocity?"
Newb: "I'm not sure... but I think I have to take off the back plate. The game's starting, don't get shot out by me"
person: "ok, then don't get bunkered when I play you"
Newb: "I'm gonna get you out before you even see me"

During the game the newbie gets triple bunkered.

That kind of stuff bugs me.

HoppysMag
11-19-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by kevdupuis

It's called R.A.T.O.,(rocket assisted takeoff). they were used to assist aircraft in take off and get old chevy's to fly at low altitude into cliffs.:D

ahh 1998's Darwin Award winner wasnt he? you have to love a Award that is given to people who killed them selfs in the most idiotic ways to get you to say " wow and to think those people are allowed to reproduce!"

EsPo
11-19-2002, 08:50 PM
the american way is the half arsed way (got it from the simpsons:D )

aaron_mag
11-20-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by HoppysMag
ahh 1998's Darwin Award winner wasnt he? you have to love a Award that is given to people who killed them selfs in the most idiotic ways to get you to say " wow and to think those people are allowed to reproduce!"

Actually the reverse is true. They are Darwin award winners because they did not have the opportunity to reproduce because of their idiotic actions....

HoppysMag
11-20-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by aaron_mag

Actually the reverse is true. They are Darwin award winners because they did not have the opportunity to reproduce because of their idiotic actions....

aw, but i said allowed, not did... my feeling is there should be an IQ test before your allowed to have a kid.

ben_JD
11-20-2002, 05:58 PM
...I am dyslexic, excuse my horrific spelling and grammer.Funny, you don't look dyslexic. :)