PDA

View Full Version : post all you pb tips here!! including you tom...

irs709
11-18-2002, 09:23 PM
hello
i made this thread for people who know alot to post any helping tips about paintball. lots of people can be helped out by this. please post any thing that is helpful.
thanks
-ivan

JEDI
11-18-2002, 09:30 PM
Tie your cleats.

boomerfoxtrot
11-18-2002, 09:33 PM
Turn your Hopper on BEFORE count down!!!

Turn your safty off !!!

GAS your marker up !!!

make note of ALL simple things, and be sure to double check them!!! the easier it sounds not to forget, the higher chance of forgetting!!

Creative Mayhem
11-18-2002, 09:35 PM
use the edge of the mirror as a bunker, you can use for snap shooting and profile.

C Mayhem

Miscue
11-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Don't get shot. Shoot all your opponents. Capture the flag.

darklord
11-18-2002, 09:50 PM
Don't wipe. Bunker people. Have good communication with teammates.

The JOE
11-18-2002, 09:53 PM
The obvious one - Buy an Automag/RT Pro/E-Mag/X-Mag

Clare
11-18-2002, 09:57 PM
always make sure you have good batteries in your hopper and warp (if you have one)

and don't shoot your teammates in the butt (*cough*load*cough*)

Pile & A Half
11-18-2002, 09:57 PM
Run....Fast.

spazzed
11-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Don't eat cheesecake before you play.

TRIAD
11-18-2002, 10:20 PM
Don't drink pop/soda like it's water, it dehydrates you.

Havoc_online
11-18-2002, 10:21 PM
communicate, alot.

Mowrath
11-18-2002, 10:29 PM
most people im sure have done this but go to a field with a friend on a day wher eits not to busy set uyp a couple bunkers about 30 feet away, practive sliding into it, but not right up to it but to a position where you can kneel or some prefer to squat and still be able to shoot and see over the bunker but hes unable or can only see very little of his hopper..

its soemthing that takes alot of time and can waiste alot of paint specially when you start at 50 feet or so then move it up a random distance and keep movign it closer.

it helps you with getting a rythm on twisting your body to get into a firing position but keeping yourself in a low profile so making yourself a smaller target.. but trying to make your opponent more exposed and a larger target.

it works quite well but takes alot of work and time to get into a routine and train your eyes/body to know how far from the bunker can you bee without being seen or being in the open..

try this starting with 1 vs 1 then try 2 vs 2 and finally 3 vs 3, it will help you a bit in perspective of findsing the sweet spot of a position behind a bunker..

it has made me a bit better of a player not even close to a pro though..

just my 2cp.

TRIAD
11-18-2002, 10:32 PM
Please use complete sentences, thanks.

Trunnion
11-18-2002, 11:02 PM
just remember that the best shooting posture from a bunker may not be right up against. sometimes you can get better angles, and keep your hopper hidden from people down field, if you're back a couple feet from the back of the bunker. NEVER GO OVER THE TOP OF YOUR BUNKER. that's asking for it. if you go over the top, you expose your head and hopper to incoming fire before you're barrel is above the bunker to shoot. don't get focused on a single opponent, or you'll definitely get bunkered, particularly if your team isn't doing their job. speaking of jobs, if you're in a position to fire into a lane, you stay there and watch that lane. your teammates are depending on you, especially your front players. if you stop covering your lane, you leave a front man open to a bunker move. practice your shooting. rate of fire means nothing if you can't hit your target. and boomerfoxtrot is totally right. i played my first tournament yesterday, and forgetting to turn on your hopper or switch off the safety is really easy(i did it at least twice). communication can't be stressed enough. your job will be alot harder if your teammates aren't telling you where your opponents are, and their job is gonna be harder if you're not talkin either.

oldsoldier
11-19-2002, 12:42 AM
Dont drink the night before!

blnk162
11-19-2002, 01:11 AM
run with your hand in front of your goggles....

learn to tree walk

learn to walk fields really really well

learn to aim....not as easy as it sounds

MinimagRockin'
11-19-2002, 02:11 AM
Make sure the lids to your hopper and pods are snuggly closed. I lose about 50+ balls every time I play no matter how hard I stress this to myslef.

Oh yeah. Play confident and agressive but not stupidly so, if you do this you won't believe how many people you can take out.

One more thing. Practice. Pretty obvious, I know, but we can sit here and write a book about how to play good paintball and it won't really do anything close to what some good old practice will do for you.

JEDI
11-19-2002, 08:56 AM
Always know the count! For both sides. A 51 = good, 15= very bad!

56kSomeGuy
11-19-2002, 04:53 PM
Generally shoot in the same direction that the rest of the team is shooting at.;)

11-19-2002, 05:27 PM
Unless someone is trying to get an angle on you sit back away from the bunker if it looks like you are going to be there for awhile. This will allow you to shoot at your mirror but you dont have to worry about being shot diagonally by the other teams opposite tape or back player. This works real well on the field I play on.

Also dont dive over a tape bunker and land on the otherside of the out of bounds.

Pile & A Half
11-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Make sure you know how many people are left on your team and how many people are left on there team. That helps a lot considering the fact that if one of your teamates gets up the feild aways and you think hes on the other team and you light him up...not good not good.

FreshmanBob
11-19-2002, 08:00 PM
work the blind spots so you can get around on people without them knowing, works great on 1 on 1 (*cough*capo*cough*NJ AO day*cough*)