PDA

View Full Version : which barrel is better???

pbmanic
11-18-2002, 10:09 PM
there may be one of these out there already. I looked though 2-3 pages and didn't see one though. i am looking to buy a new barrel and want the barrel that fly's the straitest. i also want to take range into consideration. do the air ported rifling systems make the balls fly farther? thanks
tyler

Trench
11-18-2002, 10:27 PM
Well ya see... I have seen so amny posts about one barrel being better than the other, that the fact is... The paint to barrel match is the most acurate thing you've got basicly... Thats why the Freak is so popular... Gives you the best paint/barrel match...

pbmanic
11-18-2002, 11:02 PM
ok, but does the air riflings on the freak and teardrop and all american make them shoot straiter than the other barrels?

i have a dye ss, and am wondering if one of these 3 barrels will shoot better.
thanks
tyler

Automaggin2
11-18-2002, 11:15 PM
CP 2 piece. Hands down. Wait, system x 2 piece also, but i dont see that up there

Dayspring
11-19-2002, 10:31 AM
You're looking for a barrel that gives you pretty good accuracy. Well, the only way that's solved is with a good paint-to-barrel match. Paints come in different sizes. So do barrels. That's why people get the adjustable barrels, so that they can size the barrel to the paint they are using at the time. THAT'S what you want to base your purchase around.

Originally posted by pbmanic
ok, but does the air riflings on the freak and teardrop and all american make them shoot straiter than the other barrels?

i have a dye ss, and am wondering if one of these 3 barrels will shoot better.
thanks
tyler

epterry
11-19-2002, 02:31 PM
I like my sp tear drop a lot :cool:

Slapp
11-19-2002, 04:36 PM
PBmaniac,

Check out some of the historic posts and also technical posts on barrels for more detailed info. Porting does nothing to make the ball fly straighter. More heavily ported barrels like an All American will be quieter but give you less air efficiency than something like a Lapco Bigshot in the same length barrel. As folks have said, accuracy is determined by paint to barrel match and not super duper space age porting or other barrel marketing hype. In general, I've found a barrel with around a .689 diameter to be pretty good all around.

pbmanic
11-19-2002, 05:01 PM
do the spiral ports create a kind of air riflings that spin the ball? thanks
tyler

dcmander
11-19-2002, 06:58 PM
I have a LAPCO Autospirit (thanks kevmaster!) and Lapco Bigshot. They both are awesome!

I'm a huge fan of CPs also..Classic 1pieces or 2pieces, they shoot the same. I think they both look good, but 2pieces probably look the best of both.

magman007
11-20-2002, 06:52 PM
air rifling does nothing but quiet the barrel, and waste gas... and no it doesnt remove the special cusion of air in the barrel, that isnt even really there

Sinnet
11-20-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by magman007
air rifling does nothing but quiet the barrel, and waste gas... and no it doesnt remove the special cusion of air in the barrel, that isnt even really there

Actually, magman, I use my 16" AA all the time, and I have this theory...

by using more compressed air to propel my paintball, and therefore getting my tank filled more often, I am "liberating" much more good air than an unported, shorter barrel would. This added contribution of Oxygen will help a kitten that is dying from smog poisoning in a third-world country.

:D

FalconGuy016
12-03-2002, 08:01 PM
thats my kind of logic

joeyjoe367
12-04-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Sinnet

Actually, magman, I use my 16" AA all the time, and I have this theory...

by using more compressed air to propel my paintball, and therefore getting my tank filled more often, I am "liberating" much more good air than an unported, shorter barrel would. This added contribution of Oxygen will help a kitten that is dying from smog poisoning in a third-world country.

:D

Wow! there's some Chaos Theory for ya :)

...now what if one of the extra oxygen molecules boucnes off a sup-air bunker, and goes into the air, lands somewhere in cambodia where it's combusted with gunpowder, who's bullet flies from the assasin's gun, and kills the cambodian president?? What would you do then????

COULD YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF!?!?!??!?!

Trigger_Happy
12-04-2002, 02:04 AM
It's just those kind of things that make me never want to serve in office! You never know if some paintball player is going to use a ported barrel and end up killing you!

digitard
12-04-2002, 01:38 PM
I personally have had the best result w/ a 14" DYE BOOMSTICK (i have a 10" AA, and 14" CP) ... but thats just my particular setup.

Sincerely,
Dave

pbmanic
12-04-2002, 04:51 PM
i know this isn't one of the options, but if i can get a freak system for christmas, would it be worth it? What size should i get?

Spray Painter
12-04-2002, 09:59 PM
if you get the freak system it has 8 bore sizes. if you mean you could get the freak with 1 or 2 inserts it depends on the type of paint you use the most