PDA

View Full Version : Love Blooms AO Style!!

AGD
11-18-2002, 10:41 PM
AO,

We as if this place wasn't special enough.......

It turns out that love has blossomed here on AO and brought people together from half way around the world!

Our own Gibby and ToDamnSweet have hit it off and she even moved from Hawaii to CA to find out if he is the man of her dreams. So to make it sound like an episode of "Connections" here is what happened.

JJ is born, his father like horses.
Shatner likes horses and hangs with JJ's dad.
JJ grows up and has enough guts to ask Shatner to play paintball.
Shatner has a lot going on but hates to make phone calls to raise money for charity.
JJ says "you can shoot people and make money for the charity" so Shatner is in.

JJ goes to his boss at the time (not AGD) and they are not interested.
Tom Kaye loves the original Star Trek but none of the others. JJ comes to work for Tom and by the way "you want to play ball with Shatner?"

AO gets wind of the whole thing and we are off to the races.
Now Tom's going to shoot Shatner, Shatner's going to shoot Mancow and everyone gets to watch!

Unfortunately there must be something to do before the big game so AO does what has been done throughout history, go raid the neighboring town! In the 21st century that town is on the internet so AO has a party (online) and goes and wollops the Shatner forum. This is much to the chagrin of the webmaster who spends the next couple days cleaning up the mess.

The aftermath sees AO waiting for a retaliation which the Trekies never came up with, or if they did, we didn't see it. That leaves a few Trekies to infiltrate our camp and suddenly find themselves caught up in the magic world that is AO.

In typical AO fashion they start posting, and they post ALOT! So much in fact that one girl TDS gets a run going and looks like it will be the champion of all posts! Tom Kaye gives it a little boost by offering her a marker for free it she gets to 1000 posts.

1000+ posts later she has a marker and everyone is talking her into coming to the Shatner game which she does. Tom in gratitude for the 1000 posts gets her a handshake onstage with Shatner and she gets to meet Gibby.

All this excitement in such a short time has TDS rethinking her life and she decides to move to CA and just go for it. Love is born and we come full circle to the end of our story.

From the birth of JJ to the birth of love we have seen how AO can go from horses, to money, to paintball to hating Shatner then loving him. From ancient raids to record posts and ties that bind across the electronic pipeline that brings us all together. AO can make you love and make you cry but one thing it never does is make you bored because in the end its all about people and AO is where the BEST PEOPLE ON EARTH hang out!!!

AGD

spazzed
11-18-2002, 10:43 PM
I'd like to give a really big congrats to my 2nd favorite couple, Yvonnie & Rey! I'm happy for you, best wishes & best of luck :D

Army
11-18-2002, 10:45 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry:)

(thanks Curtis!)

Havoc_online
11-18-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Army
I don't whether to laugh or cry:) hehe lay off the booze Army:p

TooDamnSweet
11-18-2002, 10:57 PM
LMBO!!! That was great Tom!!!! So, we should be thanking the horses??? Hahaha

Rey is a great guy and I'm really lucky to have him in my life. Like you said before Tom, I OWE YOU BIG TIME! I met both Mr. Shatner and Gibby because of you. YOU DA MAN, the second man LOL

AO has a great group of ppl! I've made alot of good friends here!!!

I'd like to give a really big congrats to my 2nd favorite couple, Yvonnie & Rey! I'm happy for you, best wishes & best of luck

AAAAWWWWWWW Thanks Spazzed!!!

and you're good at keeping secrets... :D

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

I don't get it but those of you who know me know why and its a running joke.....Ummmm I would say have a coke and a smile ;)

gibby
11-18-2002, 11:24 PM
LOL!! Thanks Tom! WOW! This is too funny. I guess it would be incomplete if I didn't add to the fact that I traded my car(89 Saab 900) for a classic Automag a little over 2 1/2 years ago! I was introduced to AO the first time I was shopping around for barrels. Someone told me about this forum and how I could get more information from it. Little did I know, I'd find someone special. :)

Yvonnie definitely lives up to her nickname, but I'm sure there's more surprises to be found as time goes by. ;)

So Tom, does this make you a pimp daddy or what? :D

Army, I suggest laughing cause if you decide you made the wrong choice, you can laugh even harder and eventually you'll cry. :p

I suppose I should say thank you to Tom, Shatner, JJ, and the wonderful people who talked TDS into playing! ;)

TooDamnSweet
11-18-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by gibby
LOL!! Thanks Tom! WOW! This is too funny. I guess it would be incomplete if I didn't add to the fact that I traded my car(89 Saab 900) for a classic Automag a little over 2 1/2 years ago! I was introduced to AO the first time I was shopping around for barrels. Someone told me about this forum and how I could get more information from it. Little did I know, I'd find someone special. :)

;)

Yvonnie definitely lives up to her nickname, but I'm sure there's more surprises to be found as time goes by. ;)

AAAAAAWWWWWWWW

So Tom, does this make you a pimp daddy or what? :D

LMBO!!! Good one dear!

Army, I suggest laughing cause if you decide you made the wrong choice, you can laugh even harder and eventually you'll cry. :p

I suppose I should say thank you to Tom, Shatner, JJ, and the wonderful people who talked TDS into playing! ;)

And lets not forget the horses hun :D

paintslinger
11-18-2002, 11:41 PM
hehehe thats kool i wish the best for u 2. maybe u'll get 2gether get married and make lil AO babys. :)

oldsoldier
11-18-2002, 11:44 PM
Tom, I think you missed your calling! You'd make a great grampy telling stories to little kids!
And congrats you two!

Clare
11-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Wow! I wish nothing but the best for you two! :D

Curly
11-18-2002, 11:50 PM
Congratulations!!! Best wishes for the two of you.

spazzed
11-19-2002, 12:02 AM
Hmmmm.... kids. What an interesting idea.

They'd be AO/Trekkie hybrid babies! :D

DiRTyBuNNy
11-19-2002, 12:53 AM
Wow..I'm truly impressed by everything..so does that mean Yvonnie will come out to Jungle Island next time with you, Rey?

Potatoboy
11-19-2002, 01:53 AM
Now is when you start guilting Tom and Shatner to stand up at the wedding. ;)

Curly
11-19-2002, 02:03 AM
And you gotta ask for matching xmags for wedding presents.

Timmee
11-19-2002, 04:17 AM
Assimilation complete. :D

Seriously, congratulations to the both of you.

TransMan
11-19-2002, 04:32 AM
Well congrats to both of you hope you have a long and happy life together and all that stuff

oh and Gibby if u break her heart(which im sure u wont) ill be forced to break your neck J/K guys have fun

Oh and can i come to the wedding????

Bad_Knees
11-19-2002, 04:43 AM
WOW! I'm impressed! Talk about disappearing and re-appearing all of a sudden...Congrats you two!:D

Creative Mayhem
11-19-2002, 05:09 AM
Way to go you two! I wish you all the best...

C Mayhem

The Frymarker
11-19-2002, 07:09 AM
awwwww how sweet

luke
11-19-2002, 07:34 AM
Some pictures of new love birds would be fitting.....:D

NightStalker
11-19-2002, 07:51 AM
Wow! What a mini story. Hey maybe it would make a good movie.. We can get Tom and Shatner and... :p

Well any ways. Congrats and have fun!

yeahthatsme
11-19-2002, 07:59 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!

live long and prosper:D

cphilip
11-19-2002, 08:32 AM
LOL! Well if this don't beat all!!! Horses in love...

Oh well maybe I should have read the whole thing?

Oh I see now! You know if this happened on AO I would have to ban you two as hitting on other members is against the rules! :D

Congrats you two and all my best to you. Hope it works out for you. :)

Mango
11-19-2002, 09:01 AM
That's fantastic!!!!! :) :) :) I wish you two the best of luck!! :D

Will Wood
11-19-2002, 09:05 AM
awww....how cute :)
hope everything works out good!

Temo Vryce
11-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Congrats to you both. I hope that you have a long and happy relationship together.

hitech
11-19-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by gibby

You're welcome. I did help talk her into it, however small a role I played. ;) Congratulations! :D Where in CA are you two?

Jack & Coke
11-19-2002, 12:41 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!

pics?

dre1919
11-19-2002, 01:40 PM
That's really cool...congratulations to you both!!
Best of luck in the future. :)

TooDamnSweet
11-19-2002, 01:44 PM
Mahalo nui loa (Thank you very much) everyone for all the Good Wishes and Congratulations!

hehehe thats kool i wish the best for u 2. maybe u'll get 2gether get married and make lil AO babys.

They'd be AO/Trekkie hybrid babies!

LMBO!!! Cute!

Assimilation complete.

You mean UNASSIMILATION complete........

Wow..I'm truly impressed by everything..so does that mean Yvonnie will come out to Jungle Island next time with you, Rey?

Yup yup! It'll be kewl to meet you!

oh and Gibby if u break her heart(which im sure u wont) ill be forced to break your neck J/K guys have fun

LMBO.......this will definately keep him in check! :D

Oh and can i come to the wedding????

Hahaha! Can I come to yours?

Oh I see now! You know if this happened on AO I would have to ban you two as hitting on other members is against the rules!

Oh, there are rules on the forum??? LOL JK Ummmm we plead the fifth.........:eek:

You're welcome. I did help talk her into it, however small a role I played. Congratulations! Where in CA are you two?

Yup yup you sure did! We're in Van Nuys.

I'll post a couple of pictures in a few minutes. I don't seem to be doing it right.

TooDamnSweet
11-19-2002, 02:10 PM
Kay, last one, This was taken right before the game on Sunday. This picture and the one above is courteousy of Jane from Mr. Shatners fan club.......Yes THE MAN has a fan club!!!
I think we should start one for Mr. Kaye.....what do you say? How would you like two women following you around with camera's all day???

synreal
11-19-2002, 02:21 PM
now thats a shiny marker ;)

congrats and best wishes to both of you

leopardhead
11-19-2002, 03:14 PM
I have to say one of the best things for me working on Spplat and joining the AO community has been getting to know Rey and TDS a little. I was instantly impressed with their generosity of spirit. And then this funny thing started happening at first it was "Oh TDS might be inLA soon" next was TDS saying "yeah my email address is changing" and then "Oh I'm staying at Rey's for a while" ah-huh. ;)Of course if I were faster on the uptake the change of Rey from Gibby to Too Damn Hot would have clued me in.

Way to go you two too damns.

------------------------------
Put Spplat on your desktop
http://www.spplatattack.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=2&page=1;)

magman007
11-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Wow guys, im truely happy.... Tom can we have a WLICBP? Worlds Largest INternet Chat Bachelor Party? I sure hope so!

Good job gibby, and Vonnie, im glad you found your self a guy.... Who all do we have hooked? CLare and Curtis? Devil and Boomer? and now Vonnie and Rey! Woot!

Best of luck to you all

TooDamnSweet
11-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by leopardhead
I have to say one of the best things for me working on Spplat and joining the AO community has been getting to know Rey and TDS a little. I was instantly impressed with their generosity of spirit. And then this funny thing started happening at first it was "Oh TDS might be inLA soon" next was TDS saying "yeah my email address is changing" and then "Oh I'm staying at Rey's for a while" ah-huh. ;)Of course if I were faster on the uptake the change of Rey from Gibby to Too Damn Hot would have clued me in.

Way to go you two too damns.

------------------------------
Put Spplat on your desktop
http://www.spplatattack.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=2&page=1;)

AAAAWWWWWW!!! That is soooo sweet! Thanks! We're both having a great time working with you and Creative Light! You guys have been great too! It's definately our pleasure! I heard you called us the too damns LOL Very cute!

Wow guys, im truely happy.... Tom can we have a WLICBP? Worlds Largest INternet Chat Bachelor Party? I sure hope so!

I don't think CPhilip will go for that one but you can try LOL

ogre55
11-20-2002, 09:24 AM
Wow. Congradulation you guys. All the best.

Ogre

Devil
11-20-2002, 12:21 PM
That is so great to know! It will be wonderful to meet all of you in the future at paintball tourny's...and this way...you both can love and share pb together...and there will be no..."you love that paintball more than me"...like in all those other stupid relationships...I wish you both the best of luck and congratulations!

Tom, it was wonderful of you to be so caring...maybe you should try hosting a dating show...kidding...you're too good at this job...genious+paintball=TOM KAYE

Good Luck you two new love birds! Keep us informed! I'll throw you a Batchelorette party TDS...let me know!

leopardhead
11-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Ya know as a starship captain Shatner is deputized to perform marriages....

just a thought

datapimp69
11-20-2002, 04:50 PM
OK, whats going on here,

TooDammSweet, did you post a pic the other day of you and shatner.

that you said was from last sunday?

now its gone.

and was shatner playing last weekend?

has he got the paintball bug now?

and how could you let him wear that chest protector?

paintslinger
11-20-2002, 08:11 PM
nice but come on we know u 2 have some pics without masks. LETS SEE'EM!:D

TooDamnSweet
11-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by datapimp69
OK, whats going on here,

TooDammSweet, did you post a pic the other day of you and shatner.

that you said was from last sunday?

now its gone.

and was shatner playing last weekend?

has he got the paintball bug now?

and how could you let him wear that chest protector?

Here's the picture we took with Mr. Shatner.

We were invited to play paintball with him at Hollywood Sports Park this past Sunday. It was lotsa fun! He played about 3 or 4 games before he had to leave. He's a busy guy. J.J. Brookshire put the game together for Mr. Shatner and some of his friends. His fan club covered it and took some pictures. I think they're gonna post it on his site in next months online issue.

The chest protector is for looks :D He's a tough guy! :D

TooDamnSweet
11-24-2002, 05:06 PM
Here's one of us at Disneyland right after Shatnerball.

AllAmericanMag
11-24-2002, 05:17 PM
Awwwwww. :D

magman007
11-24-2002, 05:37 PM
awww! is right! so shatner wears the chest protector like the corset?? just an old joke... im still really happy for you 2:)

TooDamnSweet
11-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by magman007
awww! is right! so shatner wears the chest protector like the corset?? just an old joke... im still really happy for you 2:)

LMBO!!! Okay, now you did not need to go there......:D
Thanks! I'm very happy 2!