PDA

View Full Version : paintball needs to be on x-games

21caballer
08-23-2001, 10:35 AM
well i have been watching the xgames the last several days. i also read a few threads on why paintball is not on xgames. paintball needs to find a way to make it on to xgames. the camera angles that are avalible especially the overhead 'skycam' would be awsome in a speedball field setup.
there are a lot of reasons why this would be a good thing. one i haven't heard so i thought i might mention. if only pro's were allowed to play it might cut down on the sandbagging, who wouldn't want to play on xgames be nationaly televised.
paintball could be a hit on x games some of the events are not very interesting, speed climbing, street luge, etc.
i don't know why paintball isn't on xgames but i am sure someone can figure out how it to make it happen.
think of the p.r. if agd would present paintball at next years xgames? might be another thing to add to the wish list. which stands at jeryseys, new minimags, trapdoor mag, and plenty we havn't heard of yet.

Major Ho
08-23-2001, 10:47 AM
It was something about a big name in the industry sueing ESPN last time the aired paintball. So, you can blame it on that evil person, the thread about it is somewhere in here but he remained nameless...

skipdogg
08-23-2001, 10:55 AM
I dont know about X games. Paintball really isnt something you can do "tricks" with. The x games are for xtrme sports which are stunt oriented. Things the general public cant do. Like pole vault with a motorcycle. But it is strange that its not on ESPN at all. I saw street ludgeing the other day on it. Granted its cool to watch, but basically No one is going around street luedgeing. Also the billards and poker on ESPN. This stuff has either no excitability, or cater's to an extremely low percentage of the general public. Something is fishy that paintball couldnt get more ratings than street ludging, or poker!

FeelTheRT
08-23-2001, 04:42 PM
well if you ask me, i really don't think it will be on TV. I used to watch Pig TV all the time, but then i realized that it really isn't all that great watching it, it was acutally rather borring. Even if it got it's way on TV and have a Paintball TV show, i doubt it will last long.

shagman69
08-23-2001, 05:11 PM
I dissagree, i think that if paintball is 1 of the top ten xtrem sports people will watch it. as of now the net [besides magazines] is the only way to learn aboute new products and watch the pros. if they did get pigtv on i would watch

------------------
PAINT-BALLHAiR

68. Automag with PF, 14" aa, 10" dye aluminum, benchmark 45 1x trigger frame with trigger job, SP vertical 4 grip, pmi perfect D/F, Crossfire 51 stinger.

Ni cD
08-23-2001, 05:13 PM
Did any of you guys watch paintball while it was on ESPN so many years ago? IT SUCKED. Horrible camera views killed the thing...if they ever do decide to put paintball back on TV, they need to get someone who knows what they're doing behind the camera. Yup. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

21caballer
08-23-2001, 05:26 PM
i did watch paintball when it was origonally on tv and it was terrible. first i didn't watch all of it but from what i saw it was all thick wooded fields. I mean it was rare to see who someone was shooting at. mostly you just saw some guy in cammies unloading into,, the woods.
now i think that using a skycamm on a speedball field even just 5 on 5 would be a little bit different to watch. even a little diagram of the field in the corner of the screen showing where each player is at. they have the technology now to put a whole new light on paintball. even mask camm's are possible.
good point about the x games being more about tricks than anything else.

Cha0tic
08-23-2001, 06:02 PM
i used to watch it on tv. all you saw was some guys sitting behind a tree with the occasional shot coming out.

magman007
08-23-2001, 06:05 PM
well splatter factor is commin soon that should be cool, asnd the guy who sued was prolly the guy from toxic toys! lol

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

shagman69
08-23-2001, 11:30 PM
yes i too wish it was on x-games but i agree that it does not fit in . pb is team sport and how many team sport are their in the xgames?
I think espn should televise the nppl or something like that

------------------
PAINT-BALLHAiR

68. Automag with PF, 14" aa, 10" dye aluminum, benchmark 45 1x trigger frame with trigger job, SP vertical 4 grip, pmi perfect D/F, Crossfire 51 stinger.