PDA

View Full Version : What adjustable high-end nitro tanks will fit DIRECTLY onto a TW QuickDisconnect?

dcmander
11-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Anyone know what tanks will fit DIRECTLY (NO ADAPTER) onto a NW Dropforward Quick Disconnect? I'm trying to keep my setup as short as possible and I was just wondering what tanks all fit onto it.

I don't think that any tanks that are fitted for dovetail will fit. I think the TW has 2 holes for screws so it will only screw directly onto a tank... Is this right? Or are the two holes in the NW QD holes for set screws.. If this is true, will it fit directly onto a tank fitted for dovetail (ie. Conquest, Dynaflow)

Also, If I need an adapter to get it to fit, where can I get one (smallest, shortest one possible). How much are they?

I'm obviously a bit confused on how different tanks connect to the NW QD, so if someone could explain I would be most appreciative.

Thanks guys.

darklord
11-18-2002, 11:03 PM
TW, don't you mean NW??

Edit- and why on earth do you need TWO threads? You might want to look into deleting one of them

dcmander
11-18-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by darklord
TW, don't you mean NW??

Edit- and why on earth do you need TWO threads? You might want to look into deleting one of them

Of course I don't need two threads. It double posted ... The other one is deleted.

And yes I mean NW.. I dunno what I was thinking ;)

magman007
11-19-2002, 11:57 AM
ummm.. tanks dont... you are supposed to mount your drop onto it, then you can disconnect it all at once.....

wyn1370
11-19-2002, 12:33 PM
I know of no tank that will screw directly into a quick disconnect. It is made to attach to a connecter(asa, dovetail, cradel) of some kind. Most tanks are either a screw in (asa adapter necessary), dovetail (dovetail rail needed), or require some kind of cradel to hold them.

dcmander
11-19-2002, 04:25 PM
I see thanks. The adapter usually drops it down another inch though :(

BTW, does anyone have pictures of a KAPP STUBBY drop with a 68ci tank...on any gun?

pito189
11-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Here is my Max-Flow on one. IF this is what you are talking about.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=495820

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=495829

dcmander
11-19-2002, 06:16 PM
Yup thats exactly what I mean and want!

What kind of adapter is that? (Is it the one that comes with ONLY the maxflo?)

I like how it is so thin..keeps the setup short.. What tanks will that little thin adapter fit on and where can i get one? How much?

pito189
11-20-2002, 08:35 AM
That is the adapter that came with the Max Flow. I don't know if it will fit on any other tanks. It has five grub screws that you just tighten down onto the silver piece of the tank.

dcmander
11-20-2002, 11:32 AM
Bah.. I don't think maxflo uses dovetail, amd I right on that? But the black piece above the red part is very skinny and that is what i would want if it would fit on a dovetail.

I think the adapter has to be as thick as the ones that come on the Air America tanks cause of teh screews/dovetail.

Thats ok..May post more on this later.

pito189
11-20-2002, 01:12 PM
That black piece is the warp mounting bracket.

dcmander
11-20-2002, 09:21 PM
lol duh.. I forgot that you had a warp on that guN!! :P

Well it doesn't look like that adapter will work, but thanks for your replies.

I'm just gonna have to get the one that is like a cm tall that comes on the Air America tanks.. Thats alright. Thanks all!