PDA

View Full Version : To Retro or to LvL10?

digitard
11-19-2002, 01:32 PM
Okay,
I know the LX only really assists in chopping balls ... so here's my question.

I just picked up an Intelliframe I'm installing this weekend ... and I want to take advantage of being able to sling a lil bit more paint with it .... Now I dont chop balls too much as it is (PL body & classic valve) but if I have chopped a ball so I know it can/will probably happen. I'm going to upgrade both the lvl10 and ReTro within 2 months, but which one should I do first?

1) Lvl10 will stop the chops right now ... but my valve performance is the same but I do get a lil extra help.

2) ReTro valve's gonna make it harder to short stroke as well, so thats going to have a benefit plus the recharge time.

What do you think?

Sincerely,
Dave

shartley
11-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Some might disagree, but I would suggest going Retro first and then LX. It is the natural transition.

Miscue
11-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Get an X-Valve when available... replacement for retro. It comes with L.10.

Smokee_2_7
11-19-2002, 01:41 PM
Miscue's right on the money. You cant even get a 'retrovalve' anymore (new). AGD is sold out. The next batch of retro's has the name changed to 'x-valve' and is most likely comming with lvl 10.

So, just get an x-valve as soon as they are available. Hopefully in the next week or 2. Problem solved!

Carl

digitard
11-19-2002, 01:49 PM
Ha,
Well then there ya go ... 2 for the love of one order

:)

Thanks...

Dave K

Slapp
11-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Do the RT valve first so when you do upgrade to a level 10 you don't have to transfer it from your AIR valve to your RT valve.

The RT valve will help increase your rate of fire. You may find that you are not chopping with the RT valve and the Intelliframe.

If you are concerned with chopping you should also look up the historic post on rounding the nose of your bolt. This alone has helped many folks reduce chopping.

Sinnet
11-19-2002, 07:04 PM
wait... if you can't even get a retro valve anymore...

are all the retro/rt valves going to be aluminum from now on?

/me is confused

darklord
11-19-2002, 07:06 PM
yeah, get the x-valve. If you're having feeding issues try hooking up the intellifeed to your warp or revvy. I hooked mine up recently and noticed a considerable feed difference.