PDA

View Full Version : Taking N2 tanks on planes?

hostage
11-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Hey I am going back to Texas with my mag, I wanted to take the tank down, but I hear you cannot bring compress air tanks onboard planes? Is this correct, or is there any specifics that you have to have to take one on, blah... Well I drove up to college and I am flying down. If worst comes to worst usps.
-Hostage

Smokee_2_7
11-19-2002, 01:57 PM
first off, call the airline your traveling with and check with them.

I am pretty dang positive that the tank must be completely empty, as well as be 'opened up' to the outside pressure. This would be accomplished by removing the high pressure burst disk. Obviously, it would also need to be checked in with your luggage.

Hope this helps,

Carl

Load SM5
11-19-2002, 01:59 PM
Don't try and board the plane with it. You'll want to check it through. Completely empty the tank and be able to prove it's empty. You'll want to leave the on/off on if you have one or screw and ASA onto the tank (if it's a preset) with no fittings to depress the pin valve. That way you can prove it's empty if the situation arises.

FrAuStY
11-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Actually I've know people to just depressurize the tank and put it in with your luggage.. They didn't even tell the airline about it.. as long as there's no gas in it and the guns disassembled... you shouldn't have any problems.

spazzed
11-19-2002, 02:05 PM
No need to report it. I didn't & had no problems whatsoever :cool:

Kevmaster
11-19-2002, 03:53 PM
technically, you have to delcare it as a scuba tank. dont do it as a paintball air tank(the airlines dont distiguish b/w Co2 and HPA--and they dont allow co2 paintball air tanks), ubt as scuba. youll have to prove to the people that there is no pressure in the bottle(gauge, on-off valve, burst disk open, reg off, etc)