PDA

View Full Version : Whats the coolest looking barrel and would you buy it?

ß.C.
11-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Hi, I'm in the market of buying a rare/cool looking barrel that hopefully performs well. I was wondering what some people have used or are currently using. Please no obvious answers such as "the boomstick looks sweet and works well," I think we all knew that. What are some of the mystery barrels that never got fame? Would you buy the barrel? How does it perform?

If you have pics please post :), also it'd be great to know if they were availible for automags.

THANKS!
ß.C.

yeahthatsme
11-19-2002, 05:32 PM
i think those freak boomies look nice.

ß.C.
11-19-2002, 05:34 PM
I already asked heat and I'm gonna ask you, WHERE do you get them!? Heat hasn't responded :( will you? ;)

petefol
11-19-2002, 05:54 PM
http://www.whitewolfairsmithing.com/barrels.htm
or a jackaboom which is a boomstick back and a jacko front. http://www.docsmachine.com/jackaboom.jpg

personman
11-19-2002, 06:01 PM
I would say my Taso pro series (buy it now for $35!) It shoots better than my freak did, and I used it the whole day at SCAO and it worked perfectally. Its heavy because its SS, but its only 10"
BUY IT!

nastymag
11-19-2002, 06:56 PM
The old school Jacko infinity ...wow they looked great and shot great.

they are the ones on the LED angels.
i think they also made limited runs of cocker and mag jackos.

you can only get them used now

zbody
11-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Yep big fan of the freak boomies too. Or any custom freak tips.

ß.C.
11-19-2002, 07:12 PM
Wait. . . . is there a boomstick with a freak front? I was thinking boomstick with freak front not freak with boom front. . . oh well. Anyways I already have a taso pro series and it does NOT shoot better than a freak, I've used a jacko it's nice, any other suggestions?

my pro series:

AutoMaggot
11-19-2002, 07:15 PM
I think the Powerlyte Barrels look frikkin schweet... that or those Erin Carter Freak Sticks. :)

zbody
11-19-2002, 07:15 PM
I'm sure you could have one made but it wouldn't look as nice as a freak back with a boomie front on it.

personman
11-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by ß.C.
Anyways I already have a taso pro series and it does NOT shoot better than a freak
Whatever you say.. :rolleyes:
Mine does.. otherwise I would have been using the freak all day at SCAO.. :p
Plus it makes that ding sound that everyone loves!
Ding ding ding!

walker2287
11-19-2002, 07:45 PM
where can u find the taso pro series? and how does it cost 35.

epterry
11-19-2002, 08:27 PM
the new tear drop:)

personman
11-19-2002, 08:48 PM
I dunno if Taso makes em anymore, when I said $35, I ment that I am selling mine for $35.. anyone can buy it..

MrMag
11-19-2002, 10:14 PM
unported dye ultralite.............pretty rare. i almost got my hands on one

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
11-19-2002, 10:54 PM
Jacko Infinity.
Just beautiful*tear*

battlegroup
11-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Just ordered a Longbow Barrel set from www.titaniumpaintball.com for my X-mag that I am hoping will be here soon! They may not look the best, but from what I have heard they shoot amazing.

StygShore
11-20-2002, 03:39 PM
The EquationUSA barrels are a little different and you dont see them much.

www.Equationusa.com

Pro Series = 3 Piece barrel with interchangeable back, center and tips, with stainless steel teflon coated inserts.

They also have a Bizerk Barrel = Single Piece barrel that takes the same stainless bore size inserts as the EQ Pro

I have shot a EQ Pro Series for about 5 months, and they are pretty nice, and there are a few different back, extensions, and muzzles you can purchase for different looks. ( Pic attached of the Concave/rifle/Ek-47 setup )

I just started shooting the Bizerk 10" with the inserts last week on my MicroRT setup, and it is pretty sweet. Accurate as any 12" or 14" barrel I have ever fired on the mag. It is quiet, super light, and I dont have to worry about tolerances or anything with a barrel that can be unscrewed into 2 pieces. ( sorry no Pic yet )

StygShore
11-20-2002, 03:41 PM
Another kinda cool barrel is the OTP Series - There is the one pictured below that uses small ball sizer inserts - make for a great ball detnet on older pump guns!!

The G-3 Dream Series uses an entire colored back piece as a ball sizer

ß.C.
11-20-2002, 05:20 PM
O yea guys, i'm not looking for changable bore sizes, unless it's a super durable none insert type. And please, if you know tell us if it shoots well :) woul you buy it? New teardrop eh? gotta check it out.