PDA

View Full Version : Jersies Are A Go!

Fred
11-19-2002, 09:24 PM
OK!

I just got info back from Custom Sports Gear, and they are ready and willing to do an Automags.org Jersey! (WHOOT!)

The price will be $65 per Jersey, sorry, but their prices have gone up a little since the PPIG jersies were made last month. Still better than $100+ though.

I looked through the old threads about the Design, and it seems the general concensus was on these two that I will be attaching.

The design has to be formatted a little bit to conform to the template that CSG uses, and I'm working on gettin that done skillfully (ie. someone with better photoshop skills than me...)

Oh, and here's the results from the poll I posted the other week... :) Thanks for your help guys, especially the ones who worked hard to get the designs worked on before. I'm happy to be the one who found a way to get this done.

---Fred

Fred
11-19-2002, 09:27 PM
Here is one option... I personally like the yellow, but others have said in previous threads that they don't like the yellow and would like blue...

Fred
11-19-2002, 09:33 PM
and here is a blue option.. with a number and name spot.

Skoad
11-19-2002, 09:34 PM
now what?

Havoc_online
11-19-2002, 09:35 PM
could I get mine in a red?;) :p

Load SM5
11-19-2002, 09:36 PM
They need something down the arms. They just look too plain as they are right now. And for $65 a pop these things better be some high quality jerseys.

LawFox32
11-19-2002, 09:37 PM
thats sooo sweet, I think I may have to get one for X-mas

LAWFOX on the name and 32 on the number

Clare
11-19-2002, 09:39 PM
I'll take one in purple, thanks.

:p

Well if I have to choose, I'd go for the blue one. :)

shartley
I just got info back from Custom Sports Gear, and they are ready and willing to do an Automags.org Jersey! (WHOOT!)
Am I missing something? That is what they normally charge to do their custom jerseys anyway isn’t it? Why would they NOT want to do it or be ready for it? LOL Syn just got his custom jersey back this past week (and posted about it here on AO). Printing one for $65 or printing 100 at the same price is no big deal on their end. ;)

Fred
Now, please note these are NOT the final designs.

I don't know if we have permission from AO and AGD to use the AGD Logo, or the AO styling, which I think are required by law.

I would really like the AGD logo to be on the jersey somewhere... front maybe? Shoulder(s)? and of course Automags.org down the sleeves...

Here is a link to the template of the PPIG Jersey.
http://www.webdogradio.us/pubimages/ppigjsy2.jpg

NOTE: this is the PPIG Jersey, any feature on it can be used in the AO Jersey, but none has to be, its an example of the template that CSG uses to make the jersies. :)

A little more info on the jersies to satisfy the curious: They are sublimated (sp?), meaning that the inks are in the jersey, your name and number won't wash out, its IN the fabric. They have really nice venting along the sides and under the arms. I found mine (PPIG jersey) to be very comfortable.

This is where we polish the design... :) I am going to talk to CSG tomorrow to get things rollin on their end of the design.

shartley
11-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Havoc_online
could I get mine in a red?;) :p
Yes you can. You just have it printed in red. Like I posted, they charge the same for ONE jersey as they do for 10 or for 100 (each).

shartley
11-19-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
They need something down the arms. They just look too plain as they are right now. And for $65 a pop these things better be some high quality jerseys.
Check out Syn's post about the jersey he just had made by them..... they seem pretty good quality.

Fred
11-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by shartley

Am I missing something? That is what they normally charge to do their custom jerseys anyway isn’t it? Why would they NOT want to do it or be ready for it? LOL Syn just got his custom jersey back this past week (and posted about it here on AO). Printing one for $65 or printing 100 at the same price is no big deal on their end. ;)

Umm...it was only 55 for us at PPIG... I wasn't aware of a different price. :o

and I seem to have missed Syn's post...

shartley
11-19-2002, 09:45 PM
Yes, if you visit their site it is clearly posted. ;)

http://www.customsportsgear.com/

ADDED... exact link to the custom jersey page...
http://www.customsportsgear.com/CustomJerseys.html

EsPo
11-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
are you kidding, these things look a lil TOO vegas for my taste.

shartley
11-19-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Fred
and I seem to have missed Syn's post...
No problem.... you would not be the first person to overlook (or miss) a thread here on AO. :D

AGD
11-19-2002, 09:52 PM
You have AGD's permission so go ahead!

AGD

shartley
11-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by AGD
You have AGD's permission so go ahead!

AGD
Houston we have ignition…..

Thordic
11-19-2002, 09:57 PM
You should get the designs made in Illustrator, not Photoshop. Printing is done from vector images, not raster images. At least that's how I understand it.

Load SM5
11-19-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

are you kidding, these things look a lil TOO vegas for my taste.

Just saying the arms are blank and need something.

Oh, and lots of rinestones.....Vegas enough for you?;)

shartley
11-19-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
You should get the designs made in Illustrator, not Photoshop. Printing is done from vector images, not raster images. At least that's how I understand it.
That is true, but you can now export as EPS right from Photoshop.

Clare
No problem.... you would not be the first person to overlook (or miss) a thread here on AO.

we don't all have the time that you have, sam! :p ;)

FooTemps
This is a fixed version of my jersey design.

shartley
11-19-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa

we don't all have the time that you have, sam! :p ;)
Actually, neither do I. ;):p

petefol
11-19-2002, 10:09 PM
how about have it say AGD on one sleeve?

Kevmaster
11-19-2002, 10:10 PM
id be all about one of those in red!!!

rock on!

id buy it tomorrow

Xerces
11-19-2002, 10:34 PM
sequins!
(i feel dirty)

2000Sabre
11-19-2002, 10:38 PM
To be honest I don't like either of the designs. I'd like to make a suggestion that we ask those AO members who have some real graphic expertise (wink, wink, Shartley and others) submit some design choices and we pick from one of those. Assuming that those who do have some talent have the time, energy and willingness to do so. I'm not knocking those who came up with this design, I just think folks were limited in their thinking and that we can get a much better design which incorporates the AGD logo and Automags online logos without simply copying the design elements of the forum. However, I think it takes someone with creative professional experience do do this and not everyone on this fourm has that ability. For $65 dollars I want something that looks great and is a little bit more original than the hex pattern found at the top of the forum. If this is what's agreed to then I probably won't buy one not that it matters. Just my $.02 worth.

1stdeadeye
11-19-2002, 10:44 PM
Okay, so where do we send the money?:D

synreal
11-19-2002, 10:58 PM
a bit of info about my jersey that i just got from this company. so far i couldn't be happier with the quality of it.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56735&highlight=custom+jersey

Dayspring
11-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Um, we did that. Where do you think the AO designs came from?

Originally posted by 2000Sabre
To be honest I don't like either of the designs. I'd like to make a suggestion that we ask those AO members who have some real graphic expertise (wink, wink, Shartley and others) submit some design choices and we pick from one of those. Assuming that those who do have some talent have the time, energy and willingness to do so. I'm not knocking those who came up with this design, I just think folks were limited in their thinking and that we can get a much better design which incorporates the AGD logo and Automags online logos without simply copying the design elements of the forum. However, I think it takes someone with creative professional experience do do this and not everyone on this fourm has that ability. For $65 dollars I want something that looks great and is a little bit more original than the hex pattern found at the top of the forum. If this is what's agreed to then I probably won't buy one not that it matters. Just my $.02 worth.

Fred
11-19-2002, 11:59 PM
Um yeah... those designs were done a while ago, by AO members...

I already have a CSG Jersey too, and like I said, it's great!

dcmander
11-20-2002, 01:02 AM
Whats the update on this? I would defiantly buy one and I missed that poll! :D :D

oldsoldier
11-20-2002, 02:23 AM
Keep me informed1 Have been waiting almost a year...woohoo!

MinimagRockin'
11-20-2002, 02:32 AM
Those are pretty cool but your going to HAVE to put "automags.org" on there somewhere...

Riotz
11-20-2002, 05:49 AM
Actually, neither do I. ;):p

Yea right, shartley lives inside the server. :p

Riotz
11-20-2002, 05:50 AM
I don't really like any of those designs. =\

Mr Pink
11-20-2002, 06:11 AM
Iwant one, Can I get it in Pink?(Surprise!)or failing that I'll have Blue and what's the shipping to UK?

shartley
11-20-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Um, we did that. Where do you think the AO designs came from?

Well, some of us did not put in any designs. ;) With this new way to get them however, I may just whip up something if I have time. And then if Tom likes it, I will give the design to anyone who wants to have it made. I think that would be the best way to go about this anyway.

I am with Riotz on this one (can you believe it? ;)), I don't really care for any of the designs. They are a start, but not what I would buy. However, with this way of having them made, we can actually all get what we want, and have many different styles.

Fred
11-20-2002, 10:37 AM
I understand the vibes that seem to be getting generated... I thought everyone wanted an official AO Jersey, and since no one was able to get it done, I wanted to have a go at it and actually get it done.

By all means, make another design! I am not tied to anything that is already made, heck, there could be an official contest for it, and AO can vote. CSG is cool, and will wait for us to finalize what we really want, if in fact AO wants an Official Jersey (do you guys?). I think having it available in lots of colors would be a plus actually, but with the primary design being the same on all of them (different colored Hexes for instance).

What do you think? Contest? or forget it and have people make a myriad of their own designs?

---Fred

shartley
11-20-2002, 10:46 AM
This is a complicated question. But since the actual process for the Jerseys will be done individually anyway, I personally don’t see why there can’t be not only different colors for a standard design, but also many different styles all together.

It would be like a “line” of AO Jerseys, and not just a color change for one pattern. You see this with JT, Animal, etc. Simple color changes are good, but totally different styles as well will allow all members to get a Jersey that fits them and their tastes. Because as was already stated… some of us really don’t care for the cut and pasting of site elements onto a Jersey. This is not saying they did not do a wonderful job doing so, but it is just not what we would like to wear.

As long as Tom approves the designs, its all good. We all win. Do I personally think we should run a contest for this? No. Contests are fun and all, but for this project I feel it is not really needed, and may actually be counter productive to the process.

Creative Mayhem
11-20-2002, 10:50 AM
I'll take one in purple, thanks.

:p

I have to agree whole heartedly! Purple, definately purple!
:D

C Mayhem

Psycho Chicken
11-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Let me know how and where to buy one....So long as they make fatman style (4x or 5x) I'll pay more if needed...

dcmander
11-20-2002, 11:04 AM
I think it would be real cool to have an "offical design" and different colors, (but this is probably because I'm not picky on the design..I would just be happy with an "offical AO jersey" ..) But I wouldn't mind if there were different designs to choose from.

As a contest..forget about that now. Maybe a poll to see how many AOers would like "ONE offical AO design in different colors to fit players desires" or "many AO designs and have an offical LINE of AO jerseys in different colors also."

Just an idea.. Maybe AO as a community should decide on that first and go from there. You should include a I don't Care option also because, as I said before, I wouldn't mind either way! AO for life!! :D

Just my suggestions and thoughts.

RamboPreacher
11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
count me in for 2 (one for me and one for RPK) - let me know when this is ready.

I want:
RamboPreacher - 006 - XL/XXL
and
MyLisa - RPK - s/m (there are benefits for being a full-time student and still living at dad's house)

magman007
11-20-2002, 11:45 AM
Il take one... What i was hoping for was name magman and number 007.... I CALL 007!!!!!!!!

i like the blue... and il take xl-xxl..... cant wait fred,. you takin cc orders? il givce you mine now!

bofh
11-20-2002, 12:19 PM
I'm good for at least two.

2000Sabre
11-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Fred your right in saying everyone wants an offical AO or AGD jersey. CSG is a great place to get what everyone wants at a reasonable price so why not have several styles to choose from? I'm just saying before I spend my money I would like something a little nicer looking. I think the way to get that is to have people with professional graphics experience work up several designs and post them. That way people can choose what they like and CSG can make it for them. That way everyone wins. Im just hoping guys like Shartley and others have the time to come up with something. It's a great idea I'm glad your the one that found the source to get it done.

digitard
11-20-2002, 03:17 PM
I agree ...

I think that we should run a poll on the top 3 favs and then put those up ... maybe get the AGD group approval so they're official.

<b>Possibly</b> have people email their designes to a central email addy .. pick the "quality" ones and put them in a thread and have people vote for their top 3?

Im down once its all a go though!

Sincerely,
Dave K

BTAutoMag
11-20-2002, 03:38 PM
i like foo's jersey idea. i'm glad someone else picked up the ball because my aunt is having problems and it dont look like she'll be able to help with my part

Fred
11-20-2002, 06:03 PM
I talked to CSG today on the phone, and was enlightened by what I was told.

They will help with the graphics, its part of the fee... since this is what they DO, I am gonna send them some of the samples, and some other images (like the AGD logo, and AO logo) to be added to the existing one.

I think that different colors would be cool, to match your gear. but... it seemed like some people wanted them to be different in more ways than colors.

I will post what I get back from CSG, and probably start a new thread later with a poll to vote on the final design (not color, just design... color will be personal choice!)

---Fred

2000Sabre
11-20-2002, 09:26 PM
That's great Fred. Can't wait to see what CSG comes up with.

Creative Mayhem
11-21-2002, 06:10 PM
I talked to CSG today on the phone, and was enlightened by what I was told.

They will help with the graphics, its part of the fee... since this is what they DO, I am gonna send them some of the samples, and some other images (like the AGD logo, and AO logo) to be added to the existing one.

I think that different colors would be cool, to match your gear. but... it seemed like some people wanted them to be different in more ways than colors.

I will post what I get back from CSG, and probably start a new thread later with a poll to vote on the final design (not color, just design... color will be personal choice!)

---Fred

SWEET! I love it, count me in for 2 or 3. Keep us posted Fred.

C Mayhem

Kevmaster
11-21-2002, 06:25 PM
just make sure they if we are ordering 20+ that we sure as hell shouldnt have to pay the $65 each they want for just one. thats why people order in bulk! if you order things in bulk, the unit price goes WAY down...it should here too

Fred
11-21-2002, 09:45 PM
These are CUSTOM Jersies... remember that.

Also remember, the $65 is a flat rate, for jersies small to tent-like...

---Fred

bofh
11-21-2002, 11:15 PM
And each jersey would have our name and number (or not) sublimated at the same time. Plus they could be different color or even designs.

It's not quite bulk orders.

Psycho Chicken
11-22-2002, 12:54 AM
Well again just tell me when and where, could you ask them if they can make one or two special 4x jerseys

oldsoldier
11-22-2002, 03:04 AM
So, whats the deal with the design? We gonna run another design contest, pick the 3 best, then vote from there? Personally, I think we should stick with one design, but you can do whatever colors you like. You know, so you can pick out other AO members at other fields...just my 2 cents.

Kevmaster
11-22-2002, 08:37 AM
BOFH, Fred, guys, when ordering 20+ of something, you can get better prices even will small variences. although CSG may make these, i would look into other companies. if they wont drop it below 65 each(which is not a "deal") im sure there aer places that can beat that.

freq
11-22-2002, 04:58 PM
what kind of jerseys r u looking for email me at freq12000@yahoo.com i will let u know where u can get them cheaper!!!!!

Brian68mag
11-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Oh man i want one bad!
Brian68mag

would look sweet imo, even though id be running around with a E-mag hahah.
I call #21!!

Shirow
11-22-2002, 05:11 PM
I'd take one, if I can get the name and number put on it :) Blue is good.

Kevmaster
11-22-2002, 10:13 PM
Fred, i want the same kind of jersey that you do. let me look around locally and see what i can find there are some graet shops around that will do work here. also, look at some compaines that do soccer jersies. they are almost identical to PB jersies.

jamiecsg
11-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Hi Fred (and everyone else)
Here is a starting point for everyone I haven't received your art files yet but Ivan put this together from what you already had as a starting point. Let me know what changes everyone decides on. You of course can order it in different colors and with names and numbers. If anyone wants this particular design you can order as early as monday and delivery is 1-2 wks

Fred drop me a line with changes and the other art files.

Jamie (CSG)

CMDane
11-23-2002, 03:29 AM
Since Tom said we could use the AO/AGD/Lions logo, here's what I would like to see. I have no skill with computer rendered graphics, so I'll try to be descriptive and perhaps sketch/scan something tomorrow morning.

Body/background. The Lions logo across the front is a must have. Let's keep the logo/name recognition out there. It's a logo I'd be proud to wear. Not sure what to do with the background, however. Any suggestions?

Sleeves. Anyone remember Mark Martin's Valvoline Ford from last (?) NASCAR season? The nose of the car was blue, changed to a red band, then changed to white, iirc. The transition areas used the Valvoline V's to go from one color to another. Well, instead of using V's, why not use the AO Hex to transition from blue to [insert your favorite color here]? Could give the same treatment to the bottom band of the jersey bottom up towards the chest.

Collar: Not a polo collar, more like a smooth crew collar with a AO hex pattern going all the way around it, like the banner at the top of the page.

Add, subtract, make changes/suggestions, etc. :)

Charles

SI|ENT|3O|3
11-23-2002, 10:16 AM
First of all i prolly want one. second i call the name SI|ENT|3O|3 and the #23. i would like to see another design, and maybe see a little drop in price. just my thought.
-sebastian

shartley
11-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by jamiecsg
Hi Fred (and everyone else)
Here is a starting point for everyone I haven't received your art files yet but Ivan put this together from what you already had as a starting point. Let me know what changes everyone decides on. You of course can order it in different colors and with names and numbers. If anyone wants this particular design you can order as early as monday and delivery is 1-2 wks

Fred drop me a line with changes and the other art files.

Jamie (CSG)
This is actually more on the lines of what I would wear. If I may, I would like to take this basic design and play with it a bit if I have time. I like the overall feel, just not over the whole jersey.

Creative Mayhem
11-23-2002, 10:41 AM
That looks great! I'm not paticular about the number on the shoulder as well as the back. I think the AGD logo should go on the shoulder or just leave it blank. I think the Automags Online should be a little brighter or the background not as "busy" too much going on there.... just needs to be subdued. I like the design jst need subtle changes.

Creative
Mayhem
# 8

jamiecsg
11-23-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by CMDane
Since Tom said we could use the AO/AGD/Lions logo, here's what I would like to see. I have no skill with computer rendered graphics, so I'll try to be descriptive and perhaps sketch/scan something tomorrow morning.

Body/background. The Lions logo across the front is a must have. Let's keep the logo/name recognition out there. It's a logo I'd be proud to wear. Not sure what to do with the background, however. Any suggestions?

Sleeves. Anyone remember Mark Martin's Valvoline Ford from last (?) NASCAR season? The nose of the car was blue, changed to a red band, then changed to white, iirc. The transition areas used the Valvoline V's to go from one color to another. Well, instead of using V's, why not use the AO Hex to transition from blue to [insert your favorite color here]? Could give the same treatment to the bottom band of the jersey bottom up towards the chest.

Collar: Not a polo collar, more like a smooth crew collar with a AO hex pattern going all the way around it, like the banner at the top of the page.

Add, subtract, make changes/suggestions, etc. :)

Charles

shartley
11-23-2002, 11:41 AM
How about something more along these lines?

jeffremiller
11-23-2002, 11:43 AM
Important Edit: I really like shartley's design above!!!!

Perhaps not a curve at the botom to break up the pattern though... something more angular that follows the hex pattern?

Looking good.

I will be contacting you later in the week to start ordering for Mardi Gras...

Here's my two cents on the design.

Sleeve: I'd leave one sleeve for a personalized graphic. Many of us have these signature graphics and that would be a wonderful way to show them off. If that would cost extra... so be it, it's worth it to me.

Background: Looks great but I'd love to see something in black/yellow as an option too.

Usernames: I son't think most of our nicks are gonna work in two different sizes like that but we could use realname in small font and username in the larger below it.

Front: I think these are AO jerseys and I's want the AO design to be the focus. An AGD lion logo should be there somewhere but perhaps a bit smaller

J_

shartley
11-23-2002, 11:51 AM
oops... JM's post reminded me that some like black.. as do I as well. Here is a black/gray...

jeffremiller
11-23-2002, 11:56 AM
Why not the whole url down the arms....

http://www.automags.org

instead of just automags.org...?

J_

shartley
11-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by jeffremiller
Why not the whole url down the arms....

http://www.automags.org

instead of just automags.org...?

J_
I say to not go with the entire URL because to do so would require it to be much smaller (thus less visible), and most everyone knows the rest anyway..... in a lot of advertisements now days the WWW and HTTP are left off for this reason. It is all about real estate and using the most of what you have without putting TOO much into it…. and there is a fine line between the two.

magman007
11-23-2002, 12:04 PM
wang force any body??? or will we use the batches for that? also dont forget there are agd patches to stick on... the custom graphics is cool, id like to put my invaderzim on there... that would be cool

Sam good job.. I like the one posted by jamie with the lions logo on the front... then on the sleves i think we should have a hex, that says AO on the shoulders... and Automags .org down the sleves...

then keep the back the current way... any one else agree?

Kevmaster
11-23-2002, 12:09 PM
yeh, im a fan of mixing Sam and jamies. take sam's arms and sam's back, but jamies front....

who knows, ill buy one no matter what it looks like :)

shartley
11-23-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by magman007
wang force any body??? or will we use the batches for that? also dont forget there are agd patches to stick on... the custom graphics is cool, id like to put my invaderzim on there... that would be cool

Sam good job.. I like the one posted by jamie with the lions logo on the front... then on the sleves i think we should have a hex, that says AO on the shoulders... and Automags .org down the sleves...

then keep the back the current way... any one else agree?
I agree with those that think the lion and AGD logo should not take such a major role in the jerseys. This is not an AGD Jersey, it is an AO Jersey... there is a difference. ;)

I also would not buy any of the jerseys that Jamie posted, sorry, like I said, they are just too featureless and need something to break up the hex pattern a bit. This does not have to be MY design, but something similar would be nice.

Creative Mayhem
11-23-2002, 12:10 PM
shartley, those look awesome. I am not able to edit the pics so can you make one with out the number on the shoulder with the lion logo in it's place. I think that would look much better. Thanks shartley

CM

shartley
11-23-2002, 12:12 PM
... coming up....

shartley
11-23-2002, 12:31 PM
I left one sleeve with the number... kind of like the military does their unit patches...

(ADDED: And for those who don't have a number.. like ME... they could put the AGD patch on each side. And just their AO Member Name on the back with NO number.)

shartley
11-23-2002, 12:33 PM
And for those who like the large Logo on the front.... but like I said, I think it is a bit much considering this is suppose to be an AO Jersey, not an AGD one....

Creative Mayhem
11-23-2002, 12:48 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! I agree that this in an AO jersey, so there is no need for the AGD logo to be huge on the front. The front should be the AO logo only. Thanks for the edit shartley, that's exactly what I will buy 4 of. In purple of course. :D

CM

dcmander
11-23-2002, 01:03 PM
My opinions:

I agree with shartley, that the AO logo needs to be a bigger focus than the AGD one. I like Shartley's one with the AO logo big on the front..but maybe you should add the AGD lion logo above that but way smaller?

I also don't like the curvy line at the bottom of Sharleys. The hex pattern all the way down would be fine with me, but if people don't like that atleast we could do something more creative and better lookings ;)

I don't like the swoop. :D

Looks great guys, keep 'em coming!!

shartley
11-23-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by dcmander
My opinions:

I agree with shartley, that the AO logo needs to be a bigger focus than the AGD one. I like Shartley's one with the AO logo big on the front..but maybe you should add the AGD lion logo above that but way smaller?

I also don't like the curvy line at the bottom of Sharleys. The hex pattern all the way down would be fine with me, but if people don't like that atleast we could do something more creative and better lookings ;)

I don't like the swoop. :D

Looks great guys, keep 'em coming!!
LOL No problem.... Like I said, I think there should be several designs, and colors for each.

But I disagree that the AGD Logo should accompany the AO Logo on the front. I say this because all of these segments (4 of them) will work together on ONE jersey, and if you have the AGD Logo on the arm it would just be too much to add it ALSO with the AO Logo. You don't have to have the same elements on every panel.

I will try to work up some other alternatives to these designs..... keep all feedback coming.. good and bad. Only by this can we come up with designs that everyone will like... again, having more than one design will help in this.

oldsoldier
11-23-2002, 01:37 PM
Sam, so far I think I like your idea. However, I think it should be without the AGD. We can all put patches there (cheapskates :D ). This is, like stated, an AO jersey. True, we all support AGD, but I think it would look nicer without the AGD insignia. I personally would sew mine onto the sleeve anyway, and my Flag on the other.
Oh, BTW...my # is 77...best hockey player ever! (Ray Bourque)

Edit; looking at it, I like Jamie's sleeve w/Sam's swoop bottom design. Color is indifferent... we can order whatever color they carry right?

shartley
11-23-2002, 02:13 PM
Another variation... I like.....

shartley
11-23-2002, 02:15 PM
hmmm...

shartley
11-23-2002, 02:18 PM
....did someone say purple?

shartley
11-23-2002, 02:25 PM
.. red?

shartley
11-23-2002, 02:48 PM
mmmm gray...

Damn! I want either a green one or a gray one!!!!

Creative Mayhem
11-23-2002, 03:00 PM
SHartley, that is better than what I was thinking. I think the AO on the shoulders is THE ONLY to go. I gonna buy the purple, red, gray, green, hell I'll prolly buy em all. :D Great job shart.

CM

bofh
11-23-2002, 03:36 PM
I'll throw in my two cents.

Shartley's most recent designs are great. However, people have been saying number/no number, logo/no logo, real name/screen name. et al.

I suggest you leave the shoulder number area blank. People could then ask for a number/AO/logo/name/patch to be put there. That part could be custom.

For the back, an option to have "AO" or a number would be fine.

For the people that didn't like the swoosh? Perhaps a similar break in the design, but following the outlines of the hexes.

Of course this is only me talking about one design, Shartley's. There is nothing limiting us to only one design. And each design could have any color scheme, of course. The pricing that CSG offers is for a fully custom jersey. SO there is no reason not to personalise as much as some body wants.

Honestly, given the number of people and different wants and likes, I don't see more than three or four jerseys being the same :)

Personally? I'll buy a bunch, one in Bruins colors, and one in grey, and one with differing olive drab and brown hexes, for woods ball :)

shartley
11-23-2002, 03:44 PM
This is very true….

Folks also have to understand that this can be done in a way that you can pick and choose when ordering. And folks have to remember that until it is “finalized” for each customer, it will most likely be in layers…. This takes care of many of the issues bofh brought up…. The images I put up were just to get folks thinking… but I do like them. :D

I will try different lower sections and see how they look.

I have also been trying to come up with things that CSG can simply look at and reproduce with little effort… all on their own. After all, the more designs we can come up with that folks like, the better THEY are as well. ;)

Riotz
11-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Nice, two suggestions.

Darker Purple.

1 Line for user nickname. I don't know that many people who would use two lines for it. Or the old First Name "Nickname" Last Name

Trench
11-23-2002, 04:35 PM
Cool... I will have to see if I can get the money togather for one...

shartley
11-23-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Riotz
Nice, two suggestions.

Darker Purple.

1 Line for user nickname. I don't know that many people who would use two lines for it. Or the old First Name "Nickname" Last Name
Good suggestions.

The beauty of it all is that if CSG keeps all the template parts, they can offer lighter and darker shades of all the designs, swap out text at will, etc. And it would take virtually no effort on their part. I like darker colors myself, and could even stand going with the green one a shade darker.

And I agree... I personally would only want my AO name on it... again, easy to do with the template system.

Kevmaster
11-23-2002, 04:50 PM
i think an AGD logo on the front (one of the breasts, not in the center) to go with the AO name would be bangin! maybe have a wang force on the other side...eh? eh?

Fred
11-23-2002, 06:55 PM
man, see what happens when I step out for a day???

I am not a photoshop fiend like Shartley, who IMO has put out some cool variations on the design. Everyone please realize its a design process... meaning, nothing is set in stone, don't go ragging anyone for making a suggestion.

I think something like the swoopy thing does need to be there... but I'm not sure about the actual swoopy thing...

I personally want the AGD logo on it somewhere, I agree, not huge, but on the shoulder would be cool.

As for the name, I like the "Name, NICKNAME, LastName" format myself...

Numbers... well... to each his own. I would like AO on one sleeve, AGD logo on the other, and the AO logo across the front.

WangForce... should be a patch... :p or an entirely different project. :cool:

Now I'm gonna take a crack at it... :D

---Fred

shartley
11-23-2002, 07:02 PM
As for the name, I like the "Name, NICKNAME, LastName" format myself...

---Fred
That is great for a billboard... but I think the space on the back of a jersey is kind of limited. ;) Ever wonder why they only put the last names across the jerseys in football? :D

Seriously though........ think about it. ;)

Oh.. and thanks about the designs. I hope they inspire others. After all, the END result is what we are after and no matter how we get there, we want the best we can get. GO AO! :D

Riotz
11-23-2002, 07:06 PM

That is great for a billboard... but I think the space on the back of a jersey is kind of limited. ;) Ever wonder why they only put the last names across the jerseys in football?

Not really, it's common in paintball. Here is an example:

Riotz
11-23-2002, 07:08 PM
Another.

shartley
11-23-2002, 07:10 PM
ahhhhh.... now the light goes on! LOL Thanks. Somehow I was not getting that picture in my head. (long day.... and watching MIBII :D)

Thanks.

For me... I would rather just have my AO Member Name though..... but that is easy enough to do on an individual basis.
(ADDED: After more thought.... heck... Samuel "SHARTLEY" HARTLEY might not be too bad. :D)

Fred
11-23-2002, 08:52 PM
The italicized first and last names are small, like... 33% the font size of the bold nickname... which is bold, not italic... check out the PPIG sample in the beginning of the thread. :)

---Fred

shartley
11-23-2002, 09:04 PM
I can deal with something like that.

bofh
11-23-2002, 09:09 PM
and anybody else can't, they can choose not to do it that way :)

shartley
11-23-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bofh
and anybody else can't, they can choose not to do it that way :)
This is VERY true.... it is the beauty of this type of project. :D

Creative Mayhem
11-24-2002, 11:04 AM
I like the "custom" aspect as well, some people have long winded names. :D

After all, Jeremy "Creative Mayhem" Shortt is a wee bit on the long side. It would take up the back of the jersey, where would the number go?:D

CM

RamboPreacher
11-24-2002, 07:29 PM
CM - I am with ya - Brent "RamboPreacher" Hoefling would probably not fit very well. I prefer just my nickname. :) Are we ready for a vote on teh design yet?

shartley
11-24-2002, 07:31 PM
I don't think we are ready for a vote yet... but keep in mind that this system allows us to come up with Jersey designs at any time and have them made as long as Tom approves them. ;)

Fred
11-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Here is the latest i have recieved from CSG (whoah guys, they work weekends! :) )

I have suggested a couple minor alterations, but in general, I personally really like this version a lot.

Please realize, major alterations that some of you are suggesting (like, joe schmoe wants this major difference) will require an entirely new design, on your own, it won't be the officially sanctioned AO Jersey.

EDIT ADDED: Oh, and these will be the only colors offered... to keep things simple...

So... What do the masses think? more importantly, Tom???

---Fred

Load SM5
11-24-2002, 08:52 PM
I really like those. I'd love to have one.

Kevmaster
11-24-2002, 09:00 PM
i like, i like

oldsoldier
11-24-2002, 09:04 PM
Wow!m Thats sharp. WTG Fred! Those are sharp...and you people with long names; Short one; Bill Reed. Long (and original mind ya) William Thorncroft Reed III. Try putting THAT on a shirt! ;)

Fred
11-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Actually, lets remember that these are CSG's design, not mine, they get the credit! :) I am merely the guy who contacted them about it...

oldsoldier- William THORNCROFT Reed and the number 3 or roman numeral III as the number... :) lol

Clare
11-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Those are great, I'll definitely be buying one :)

Ive got #8! :p

Dayspring
11-24-2002, 11:11 PM
You and me both Clare!

DiRTyBuNNy
11-24-2002, 11:14 PM
I'd take one...I'd probably order 2 (of the blue ones) and whatever the Mrs. would want..

Collegeboy
11-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Maybe it is just the program or what, but is there anyway to make the red one darker. It is pretty light as is.

spantol
11-24-2002, 11:46 PM
I'm a big fan of the grey--I'll be needing to pick one up real soon.

Excellent work, Fred. That's some great contactin'. :)

shartley
11-25-2002, 08:56 AM
Yes, I like those better than the first ones he put up. I don’t however think they are leaps and bounds better than the ones I put up, in fact, I would rather have mine….. Maybe a combination of the two? I don’t like the faded stripe, I think a solid stripe of the main color would look much better (similar to what I did with my second set of designs).

As for him working weekends….. seems like he is only working for YOU. I send him an e-mail and he did not respond. And don’t forget that OTHERS worked on designs this weekend too… but that makes other peoples efforts less important, right?

And as for “officially sanctioned” jerseys…. Pffft, Who cares. If Tom has to approve each design, they will ALL be “officially sanctioned” jerseys whether they are from what “you” got designed, or not.

Also, like we have been saying, a lot of us think there should be multiple designs….

I also think the colors should be darker... I like the green, but it was way too light.

Fred
11-25-2002, 09:32 AM
Yes, I like those better than the first ones he put up. I don’t however think they are leaps and bounds better than the ones I put up, in fact, I would rather have mine….. Maybe a combination of the two? I don’t like the faded stripe, I think a solid stripe of the main color would look much better (similar to what I did with my second set of designs).

Um... yeah, I'd much prefer one I personally designed too, but, the idea is to get input from many and try to come out with a compromise.

As for him working weekends….. seems like he is only working for YOU. I send him an e-mail and he did not respond. And don’t forget that OTHERS worked on designs this weekend too… but that makes other peoples efforts less important, right?

Sidenote: Jamie is a she...
And yes, since I was the one who contacted CSG about doing the AO Jersey they want to keep talking with ME. Funny how that works, its much simpler for them to talk with one person than dozens during a design process. I appreciate that others have put in effort too, I pointed out CSG's weekend work since, well, how many paintball companies are open weekends?

And as for “officially sanctioned” jerseys…. Pffft, Who cares. If Tom has to approve each design, they will ALL be “officially sanctioned” jerseys whether they are from what “you” got designed, or not.

The general concenus was that people wanted an AO jersey, that was more or less the same design across the board. If they want something different, they can work it out with CSG or somebody else later.

Since the intention I had when I contacted CSG was that this would be an official AO Jersey, and we did have Tom's permission to go ahead with it, of course I would want his final approval on the design! His company is represented by anyone wearing them.

Also, like we have been saying, a lot of us think there should be multiple designs….

See above.

I also think the colors should be darker... I like the green, but it was way too light.

I agree, the colors could use a bit of tweaking.

I don't want to sound stuck up for being the one who is getting this done, I've wanted an AO jersey for a while, and others have wanted them for longer. Did you step up and do anything to get it done? I'm not asking for any recognition here, I'm just trying to get a good jersey made that people here will want to buy, and wear.

---Fred

Creative Mayhem
11-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Those are great, I'll definitely be buying one :)

Ive got #8! :p

Clare, I called it... already....:p

J/K I'll let you have it... for a fee:D

CM

shartley
11-25-2002, 09:52 AM
Um... yeah, I'd much prefer one I personally designed too, but, the idea is to get input from many and try to come out with a compromise.
That is not the point… I am sorry if you thought it was.

Sidenote: Jamie is a she...
And yes, since I was the one who contacted CSG about doing the AO Jersey they want to keep talking with ME. Funny how that works, its much simpler for them to talk with one person than dozens during a design process. I appreciate that others have put in effort too, I pointed out CSG's weekend work since, well, how many paintball companies are open weekends?
No offense was intended by saying HE. I tend to use HE as a default.. as do most folks.

As for what other paintball companies are open on weekends… LOL LOTS! I have clients who are. No biggie there… sorry.

As for who they “want” to deal with.... that is pretty crappy if I say so myself. I thought they were interested in making money. And your bringing it up like you did shows some major balls. Even more so when you did not know what I sent to them, or requested FROM them. Seems to me that they are in the business of also doing “one offs” which cost the SAME as what has been quoted these AO Jerseys will be priced at. So, for you, or you on their behalf, to seem to want to act like that is insulting at best. You are in essence saying that only THEY will design the jerseys, when from the beginning, I thought WE the AO membership were the ones doing it, and THEY would assist if needed.

I guess this is not an AO project after all, but a CSG one, being run by Fred alone. Glad that got cleared up.

The general concenus was that people wanted an AO jersey, that was more or less the same design across the board. If they want something different, they can work it out with CSG or somebody else later.

Since the intention I had when I contacted CSG was that this would be an official AO Jersey, and we did have Tom's permission to go ahead with it, of course I would want his final approval on the design! His company is represented by anyone wearing them.
Hello! Some of us have been here long enough to know that Tom has to approve all designs using his branding, in fact we have been involved in other product development as well. And I think you will find by reading THIS thread that folks may want more than one style of jersey to choose from…. You act like I don’t know what I am talking about, or that I am making stuff up of the top of my head…. Wrong.

See above.
See above….

I don't want to sound stuck up for being the one who is getting this done, I've wanted an AO jersey for a while, and others have wanted them for longer. Did you step up and do anything to get it done? I'm not asking for any recognition here, I'm just trying to get a good jersey made that people here will want to buy, and wear.

---Fred
Well, you may not have wanted to sound it… but you did. And guess what, some of us were thinking of doing the same thing using CSG, but you just got to it before we did. And before you start acting all grand, and ask ME if I stepped up and did anything, you need to try that with some other member that has NOT done anything for AO. Wrong member… sorry.

No, you are not trying to get any recognition, but you sure make it hard for anyone else to contribute….. kind of by design it looks like. To me, no offense, you are only the party who introduced party A with party B…. but some of us had already thought of doing the same thing. I thank you for bringing this to the general AO Membership’s attention, but by limiting the only contact with CSG on this matter to YOU, you seem to be out for more than what is simply best for AO.

After all, some of us have done this sort of thing before, and if CSG will not talk to us on it, but only YOU, that is very counter productive. I for one, am disgusted with this process…. And it has nothing to do with if anyone likes my designs or not.

Clare
11-25-2002, 10:27 AM
Clare, I called it... already....

J/K I'll let you have it... for a fee

you did? I must have not read that part!
So what kind of fee are we talking about? I can go up to about...say...a dollar..no wait..a dollar and fifty cents.

:p:p

jamiecsg
11-25-2002, 11:01 AM
Just to clarify this design is everyones we used everyone's input inorder to put it together

This jpeg is rough meaning it hasn't been touched up and the colors are just a representation ie the red will actually print to be a blood red and so on and so forth.All colors will be darker this is just a representation.

Shartly our process is geared towards teams not one offs we quote one offs on an individual basis they do cost more money than the team price($65).

Fred was our initial contact and so we deal with Fred no need to complicate things it's just business.

Why all this over a design that everyones seems to be happy with?

Look at the big picture here you are finaly getting your AO jersey with your names, numbers, and whatever other logos you want in 6 different color combos.

shartley
11-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Just to clarify this design is everyones we used everyone's input inorder to put it together

This jpeg is rough meaning it hasn't been touched up and the colors are just a representation ie the red will actually print to be a blood red and so on and so forth.All colors will be darker this is just a representation.
Great. But again, I thought this was an AO project. I thought your company offered to HELP, not that you had to be the one to come up with the final draft. Again, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Shartly our process is geared towards teams not one offs we quote one offs on an individual basis they do cost more money than the team price($65).
Then I think you need to check your own site on that one… or else can I take that as you are false advertising?
http://www.customsportsgear.com/CustomJerseys.html
Also we just had another member get HIS jersey done by your company and only paid extra for “faster service”. Again, I think you should either live up to your own statements on your site, or change them so that your potential customers know what you are really doing.

Fred was our initial contact and so we deal with Fred no need to complicate things it's just business.
Again… so much for this being an AO thing.

Why all this over a design that everyones seems to be happy with?

Look at the big picture here you are finaly getting your AO jersey with your names, numbers, and whatever other logos you want in 6 different color combos.
Everyone? I am part of “everyone” and I don’t like it “as is”… I feel it is close, but not quite there. And from what I have seen, only a FEW have even commented on it yet. So unless you know something that I can not see… you are jumping the gun just a bit. You may be correct in saying that a lot of members will like it “as is” but that is far from being everyone liking it.

I appreciate you coming here to explain your actions and inactions, but I feel you are missing what I was saying.

Shirow
11-25-2002, 11:31 AM
And so it begins..

Fred
11-25-2002, 11:44 AM
Sigh...

You know, I knew this was going too smoothly to be true.

Shartley, I never saw anything mentioned about AO going to CSG before I did, I got the idea from the Jersies that CSG made for Pumpplayers.com. I didn't know about Synreal's personal jersey until the day or so after I contacted CSG, when you pointed it out to me.

After the design is done, people who order the jersies do so through CSG, i have nothing to do with that end, I just got the ball rolling. Sorry if I unknowinly stepped on anyone's toes by going to them first.

I know others were trying to make this their projects a while back, nothing happened with it. I tried to pick up the ball and get it rolling, sorry for trying to help out AO.

And yeah, I didn't want to come off as stuck up, but your post after the latest version, from the way I read it, dictated the tone of my response to it.

I like the way the design is going, and so far, other than from you Shartley, the response has been positive.

chill out a bit, you know, there can always be a new jersey next year, and you can take the reigns on that one, would that make you happy?

---Fred

jamiecsg
11-25-2002, 11:46 AM
Then I think you need to check your own site on that one… or else can I take that as you are false advertising?

Please check it for yourself there is no mention of one offs only TEAM jerseys I'm sorry for your confusion on the matter but in the future you may want to refrain from such serious allegations. If you have questions on our maunfacturing or policies please contact us instead of making assumptions.

That is me done Mr Shartley. Good Day.

Clare
11-25-2002, 11:47 AM
I know others were trying to make this their projects a while back, nothing happened with it. I tried to pick up the ball and get it rolling, sorry for trying to help out AO.

and I think you did a good job..thinking about doing it and actually doing it are two different things.

I like the way the design is going, and so far, other than from you Shartley, the response has been positive.

I definitely like that design! Perhaps a new thread to get more responses on it would be great, since this one got quite cluttered. ;)

Fred
11-25-2002, 11:52 AM
Thanks Capo!

new thread: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57986

shartley
11-25-2002, 12:01 PM

Please check it for yourself there is no mention of one offs only TEAM jerseys I'm sorry for your confusion on the matter but in the future you may want to refrain from such serious allegations. If you have questions on our maunfacturing or policies please contact us instead of making assumptions.

That is me done Mr Shartley. Good Day.
There is also no mention that a single run would be more. And a few of us on AO (who are not stupid) have discussed this in the chat room and came to the same conclusions.

But hey... that is OUR mistake right... I wonder what a jury would think. :rolleyes: Yes,.. Good Day.

shartley
11-25-2002, 12:03 PM
Sigh...

You know, I knew this was going too smoothly to be true.

Shartley, I never saw anything mentioned about AO going to CSG before I did, I got the idea from the Jersies that CSG made for Pumpplayers.com. I didn't know about Synreal's personal jersey until the day or so after I contacted CSG, when you pointed it out to me.
I did not say you got your idea to use CSG from what others on AO have done… the fact the we all seemed to have the same idea at the same time was a coincidence. But to think you were the only one to see the “light” would be wrong. That is all I was saying… period.

After the design is done, people who order the jersies do so through CSG, i have nothing to do with that end, I just got the ball rolling. Sorry if I unknowinly stepped on anyone's toes by going to them first.

You did not step on anyone’s toes, but the process you are using to get this done DOES. Don’t ask for input and help but then make it impossible to do so… that is unless we go directly through YOU….. after all, CSG all but admitted that they will not even talk to anyone else about this, and have refused to even respond to MY e-mail.

This makes the whole process less then genuinely concerned with getting AO the best product.

And yeah, I didn't want to come off as stuck up, but your post after the latest version, from the way I read it, dictated the tone of my response to it.
Okay, blame me for your post and how it came across…..

chill out a bit, you know, there can always be a new jersey next year, and you can take the reigns on that one, would that make you happy?

---Fred
Don’t patronize me. I am the wrong person, sorry. You would have to put together a whole lot more of these things before coming close to what some of us members do for AO and its members, and on a regular basis. And this has NOTHING to do with who is “in charge” and whether I want to be “in charge”. It is about saying one thing and doing another. If you don’t want input that may be contrary to what you want or think…. FINE… at least we now know it. But again, I thought this project was FOR AO and BY AO, however, it seems that is not the case.

And as for making a new thread because this one has become cluttered…. That shows I was correct. You don’t want input, you want parroting. You don’t want any opinions contrary to yours…. And even more so if it comes from someone not as “nice” as others. You folks disappoint me.

Fred
11-25-2002, 12:16 PM
I have passed on every suggestion given here that was backed up by someone, and Jamie has seen the images you and others posted.

I had a long response typed... but, I don't want this to turn into a typical Shartley-esque personal debate.

Its a frickin jersey for crying out loud. post your ideas or don't, buy it when a concensus is reached or don't.

shartley
11-25-2002, 12:22 PM
I had a long response typed... but, I don't want this to turn into a typical Shartley-esque personal debate.

Yes, it is all my fault... evil Shartley. :rolleyes:

RamboPreacher
11-25-2002, 03:34 PM
I'm done.
Never mind. I'll order my jersy directly, if/when I am ready. I did like all teh different styles to choose from, though. :D

Muzikman
11-25-2002, 04:56 PM
RP,
Don't give up all hope just yet. Things seem to cool down in the other threrad.

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 05:04 PM
first

conceptually, why does there have to be ONE design??!
look at JT, Raven and others. tey all have MULTIPLE designs for their jerseys. you dont have to have just ONE design that EVERY AOer will like...you wont find one

second

practially, why does there have to be ONE design?? they arnt giving us a discount of any kind by ordering 20, whichby all means they should, so why in the world should we have to get the same one? its no price advantage to get one main look

just my .02

Muzikman
11-25-2002, 05:15 PM

That makes me think we are getting some form of group discount.

dcmander
11-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
first

conceptually, why does there have to be ONE design??!
look at JT, Raven and others. tey all have MULTIPLE designs for their jerseys. you dont have to have just ONE design that EVERY AOer will like...you wont find one

second

practially, why does there have to be ONE design?? they arnt giving us a discount of any kind by ordering 20, whichby all means they should, so why in the world should we have to get the same one? its no price advantage to get one main look

just my .02

The only reason why I would want 1 design is so you could pick out other AO members at your field. I think it would be cool to have one offical AO jersey..if you had many offical ones, it would be hard to pick out other Aoers. I guess it just kinda takes away some of the "special value." For me it would atleast. But its not that big of deal to me... I guess I'm not as strong in my opinions as shartley :D I'll be flexible on the matter.

As for my favorite design.. I looked back on the first page and I kinda like it best! The hex pattern looks real appealing to me and even though the jersey on the 1st page is kinda boring..You could add some logos and sleeves and 'automags.org' down the sleeves to make it look nice.

Has anyone looked into picking that old design up and messing around with it?

I think i like the looks of it because the jersey's background is black instead of the purple/red/blue/gray/green/etc.

Fred
11-25-2002, 09:12 PM
I still like the old design too, but, the newer ones are good evolutions of it.

once again... we're hitting the "can't please everyone" barrier.

if you want a different jersey, go buy one! no one is forcing anyone to get one of these.

Kevmaster
11-25-2002, 09:47 PM
DCMander, i guess that "Automags.org" and the hexagon design wouldnt give it away...oh, yeh, and they are shooting a mag :rolleyes: :D

dcmander
11-25-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by kevmaster
DCMander, i guess that "Automags.org" and the hexagon design wouldnt give it away...oh, yeh, and they are shooting a mag :rolleyes: :D

Well..you know. Just cause they shoot a mag doens't mean they are an AOer.. And it would just be cool if all AOers had the same jersey, just a different color.

It's not a big deal to me though :)

Oh and Fred I was just wondering why someone didn't go with that design..Like just add to it.

We need more designs and more people with photoshop skillz!!

Kevmaster
11-26-2002, 04:00 PM
yeh, DC, im just messin wit cha