PDA

View Full Version : Solenoids for prototyping

RAM3139
11-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Does anyone know of any websites that sell solenoids in small numbers for prototyping. The only sites I've been able to find are either for large industrial solenoids or only for manufacturing (i.e. must order hundreds). I'm planning on working on a few ideas I have and need some relatively cheap solenoids (not solenoid valves) to work with.

p.s. this may not be the right place to ask, as the thread doesnt contribute to any discussion, so any mod feel free to delete/move if it doesnt belong)

Tunaman
11-19-2002, 10:35 PM
Do you mean electromagnetic soleniods? Like the Emag?

RAM3139
11-19-2002, 10:48 PM
yes, it would be an electrmagentic solenoid (just out of curiosity, what other kinds are there?). Anyway, it would need to be a push solenoid with an actuation length of at least 1/2", with not too much current draw. If anyone has any sites with solenoids in general, please post them even if they may not have the right ones, i'll look through and see.

ShooterJM
11-20-2002, 11:14 AM
soleniod city. com is where I got mine. a half an inch acutation with little current draw isn't going to give you much power though. I guess you could use a cap or something though.

ezrunner
11-21-2002, 09:23 PM
I know where to get the ones
ICD uses, if you need to use
one lemme know. I think they
retail those for like $60.00

-rob