PDA

View Full Version : Closed Bolt Automag Design?

sneakyhacker420
11-20-2002, 12:04 AM
i was just thinking about autocockers, how they are a colsed bolt marker

when you pull the trigger, the bolt is pulled back, then realsed foward as any other bolt does

what if there was an automag like that?

the bolt starts in the foward position, then when you pull the trigger, the ram pulls the bolt backwards then pushes it foward in a split second, just as the autocockers do

would this ever be possible to make with the automag's standard design without doing any serious mods to the body and all?

i really wanna know what people, and maybe some AGD Tech members think about this type of design, i think it would be quite interesting to try something like it one day

toymyster
11-22-2002, 03:10 PM
When you look at the 2 designs, the closed bolt and the blow forward, in a string of shots, there is no difference between the two but the order in which things happen!!!
Think about it:
Closed Bolt: Bolt opens, paintball drops in, bolt closes, paintball is discharged.
Open Bolt: Paintball drops in, bolt closes, paintball is discharged, bolt opens.
You would be hard pressed to find a difference in what happens from the paintball point of view. That is, from the standpoint of what happens to the paintball from the time it leaves the hopper to the time it hits the target!!

sneakyhacker420
11-22-2002, 05:03 PM
yeah, i just had an idea in my head that was bugging me so i posted it :rolleyes:

SlartyBartFast
11-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Try a search. This has already been discussed at length.