PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with all those girls at the Zap IAO

automagseeker
08-22-2001, 08:17 PM
Has anyone seen this? I have never been to a tounament, I really do want to go, but whats up with all these girls jumping around in a tub of paintballs wreatleing? I mean I would enjoy it personally, I dont know if its at all gonna be alright for the guy next to me, but I personally this this is bad for the sport isn't it supposed to be a family event? Thast what I had heard about it anyways. I am disappointed, heres a link to some of the pics, sry Doc I got them off of ur tinkers guild... http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=9013&messageid=998415242

[This message has been edited by automagseeker (edited 08-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by automagseeker (edited 08-22-2001).]

magman007
08-22-2001, 08:22 PM
it wasnt just girls they had guys doin it too, it was cool, it was like mud wrestling, plus if i remember correctly there was prizes??? it was col and it isnt that bad for the sport, and uit was kinda family oriented, you shoulda seen the sumo wrestling that was funny as all hell

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

automagseeker
08-22-2001, 08:27 PM
i have seen sumo wreatling before the one where two guys or girls get into huge sumo suits and fight, yea its cool, I still think that we need to gain more acceptance in the public eye, I am not saying that the girls playing around in the tub of paintballs was bad, I just dont think its very good for the sport, just my thoughts http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

the123
08-22-2001, 10:59 PM
hahaha you can see Mr. Tippman in the background in the last pict.
If industry leaders support it, so should we! http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

apache
08-22-2001, 11:08 PM
How about car races where there are the pit girls in bikinis? Sure as [hot place] they are not there to change tires! Would it have been more acceptable if there had been a kickboxing demonstration?

Let's all just go back to the Facefull-magazine thread... Haven't we had this discussion about good-looking women and paintball already?

------------------
-- Apache / raakakone.cjb.net (http://raakakone.cjb.net)

Flamebo
08-22-2001, 11:13 PM
Yikes... Shame I missed that one. Notice how every one of them has their eyes glued...

MagMan5446
08-23-2001, 01:31 AM
Not bad....not bad at all http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

It would've been better if one of those girls was Reese Witherspoon.

Hey, how much do you think all those paintballs cost?? Must've been a pretty penny....unless they just picked up the bounces.

Arturus
08-23-2001, 01:40 AM
Kind of sad isn't it?

Now just imagine if some News Magazine was there taking pictures and filming the whole event for a special on one of the major networks.

Especially if the topic of the show was titled "Paintball and it's effort to join the Mainstream Sports Arena"... You get the idea.

I haven't been in the sport long, but for those who always speak of preserving it and making it 'mainstream', I can't imagine this being good. Read on the link that they had a wet t-shirt contest at skirmish that quickly turned into an all nude-thong event with no supervision whatsoever from what I gathered?

"World Record Attempt game at Skirmish last year, they had a wet T-shirt contest... which after 5 minutes became the wet Topless contest (complete with thongs). They had just given out a prize for the youngest player (10) not ten minutes earlier... and started the topless display with all of the kids still around." - Posted on Tinker's Guild by ShortyBP

Neat...

Apache - There's a slight difference between pitgirls in bikini at a race car event and the situation depicted in those pictures. Take a look at it again.

I apologize, but I'm just too lazy these days to analyze indepth and make a point of everything.

------------------
RT Pro - Chrome Powerfeed Right
Armageddon 68/4500
KAPP Chrome Apoc Drop Forward
12 vt Revolution
Lapco Aluminum Autospirit 12"

[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited 08-23-2001).]

Ninja B0Y
08-23-2001, 02:08 AM
I dunno bout you guys...if you dont dig girls wrestling in a pool of paintballs..that's on you. Me? I wanna have FUN when I go to these events. Screw the media let em think they want to think. Now...where those hunnies at?

slayer
08-23-2001, 06:54 AM
It might make paintball more socially acceptable. Sex sells, so why not throw in some nudity. I mean, its not like a lot of women play anyway so they are just marketing to a more likely consumer pool(guys who don't play and like women), while prbably turning off a larger but much less likely one(women who don't play and guys who don't play and think its crude(a very small percentage of guys I bet)). I think it is intelligent marketing. Now some may disagree saying that subliminal sex sells more. Well that may be true and it definitely appeals to men of many different age groups, but I believe the target paintball group is in their teens or early to mid 20's and any kind of sex sells to many of them.

I wonder if shartley will read this and have any industry opinions that my simple observations may have missed. (The following line to be read: Shartely what do you think of this idea?)

cphilip
08-23-2001, 07:07 AM
While mildly aroused...I still would have issues with it done in the open during the daytime like it appears they did. It's not family fun. Especially when the girl go to making out in front of kids. I think it was in poor taste to do it during the day in front of the kids. You might have adult only things at night to accommodate the older crowd and that's fine. But to me it should be kept separate so Mom's and Dad's can chose wether to separate themselves and their kids from this activity. I got no problem with the whole thing except to say there is a time and place for everything. And this does not appear to have been the right time nor place.

snowman
08-23-2001, 07:12 AM
That is what paintball is all about...LESBIANS!

skipdogg
08-23-2001, 07:14 AM
Only Three Chicks http://www.automags.org/ubb/frown.gif

daveymag
08-23-2001, 07:15 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ninja B0Y:
I dunno bout you guys...if you dont dig girls wrestling in a pool of paintballs..that's on you. Me? I wanna have FUN when I go to these events. Screw the media let em think they want to think. Now...where those hunnies at?</font>

I agree whole-heartedly Ninja Boy!

------------------
I am trying to see things from your point of view, but I just can't get my head that far up my butt.

Getting bunkered is like SEX.....
In prison!!

[This message has been edited by daveymag (edited 08-23-2001).]

shartley
08-23-2001, 07:27 AM
slayer:
Good questions and comments. I have touched on this topic before. Here are a couple of my posts covering that topic. I hope you find it good reading:

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">GOOD QUESTION!
I had this same conversation with a client of mine (in the Paintball Industry) just the other day.

They liked the way the BonBon girl did it (fully clothed), but did NOT like the skimpy stuff, suggestive poses, etc.

From a marketing standpoint, it is a two edged sword. SEX SELLS! That is a proven fact.

BUT.....

With all the other issues this sport has, I don't think it is a good idea to give yet ANOTHER reason for people to not like it (or at a minimum preach against it). I would advise holding off on the SEX marketing until the sport gains a more secure place in the public eye.

Just my opinion.
</font>

<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">GOOD JOB Hasty8! Bravo!
You could have gone MUCH farther, because there is a bit more to the story, but what you said was a great start.

People would be shocked to hear how us Marketing People play on Biology to sell things.

One example is:
Pupils airbrushed larger to signify approval (fact... when you look at something you LIKE you will get larger pupils. This allows more light into your eye, therefore allowing better vision.) So if you make a model's pupils larger, the person VIEWING the ad, will instinctively think the model IN the ad either likes THEM better, or likes the product better. Again, this is all on a subliminal level.

Another is elongating the legs of models, etc.

Why do you think women use red lipstick? Because it brings your eyes to the lips? Nope... sorry. When a woman is receptive for sex, parts of her body fill with blood (no, not going to list them... you all get the point) and the LIPS are one of them. Therefore, red lips signal "ready for sex". You think the red lipstick just makes a woman look prettier... LOL That has nothing to do with it. It is a triggering device only... and to trigger what? MEN.

I could go on all day about this stuff. LOL People are jerked around by natural instincts and biological reflexes.

Being a former Law Enforcement Officer, I also learned extensively about body language... this along with basic biology has helped greatly in the marketing field.

Both body language and simple biology are keys to successful marketing... after all what does it all come down to anyway.... selling YOURSELF for reproduction. But it is much easier to argue about morals. LOL

(added: I would like to point out that sleaze, which is what is currently being used by many paintball folks, is MUCH different than being biology smart. Subliminal is fantastic... blatant takes NO skill. Sex sells, sure, but subliminal sex sells MORE. Why? Because the viewer does not even know it.. you hit ALL demographics, not just horny teenagers. Some of these marketing folks giving the paintball people advise don't have a clue about real marketing. Sorry.)</font>

And for those who think subliminal sex only sells to MEN of different demographics, you are dead wrong. Women respond to sexy women as well. And men respond to sexy men or tough guys too. They buy products that make them FEEL good. That is why you never see an ugly woman on woman's products, and see good looking guys on men's products. It is an association thing. THEY are using it and look great, so if I use it, I will look great too!

Now there is more that could be said, but I think this is a good start. It touches on some of the basics, and some not so basic, things done. It also expresses my views on the overall topic as it relates to the Paintball Industry.

I went to the pictures and took a look... I then bounced it off what people were saying in this thread... THEN I bounced that off WHO was saying it.

You can not only take words written, and draw a conclusion from them. Who said them, and in what context, is almost MORE important than what was actually said.

What I personally saw was NOT good for paintball. Look at the general age group WATCHING the "wrestling". hmmmmm I would have had a problem with it as well if MY son was there. It is simply not appropriate for the age group most present. Sure, you see older folks in the BACK or on the far SIDES, but who is pushed right up close?

This however is a personal opinion. But from a marketing and PR standpoint... this was a bad move. You can have an event with 100 things happening. And if 99 of those things are GREAT, and only 1 is BAD, what do you think people will focus on? Which do you think will be reported by the media?

This is why event coordinators need to pay CLOSE attention to what they allow to happen. This type of thing, although titillating, and quite acceptable in certain situations, is clearly not appropriate for an event with such a wide range of ages. And add to that the fact that it was such a well known event... you are only asking for trouble.

Now, people can say what they want about "liking" things, and what they personally find acceptable, BUT from a professional standpoint, we must look at things a bit closer. It is not always what WE like, or think is okay... it is about damage control and what OTHERS may take offence to.

Will the actions, marketing materials, and events be more of a benefit to the Industry or Damage it. This event clearly was fun for those who were right up front (the kids), but what are the actual lasting affects of this?

1) Immediate enjoyment for a few spectators.
2) Backlash from concerned and disappointed patrons.

Which do you think is more important in the long run? Would people have had a BAD time without this "wrestling"? Would it have ruined their time at the event if it was NOT there?

Now can you say the same thing in reverse? I think that answers the main question. In my opinion it was an issue that could have been totally avoided had the coordinators actually given it more than a passing thought.

I would be more than happy to answer any other questions people might have, but I don't think this thread was an "Ask shartley what he thinks about marketing." thread. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

Once again, thank you for asking. I hope this helps.

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

[This message has been edited by shartley (edited 08-23-2001).]

automagseeker
08-23-2001, 08:29 AM
Does anyone see that kid in the lower right corner? He looks about 4-6 years old. I dont think its appropiate for someone of this age, even if they dont understand it at all, kinda sad to see that...

FaSSt
08-23-2001, 10:07 AM
Now for a deep thought:

Three young women covered in paintball fill and making out in front of a cheering crowd is disgusting. I mean, that stuff is BITTER!

LOL@myself

[This message has been edited by FaSSt (edited 08-23-2001).]

slayer
08-23-2001, 12:09 PM
shartley, thank you for that in depth and insightful post. I had no idea how much phsycology and politics goes into marketing. What I thought was a simple issue was apparently not so simple once it was analyzed by someone in the industry. Where did you go to college? I am curently considering business school for my masters and was just wondering.

shartley
08-23-2001, 12:38 PM
MagDog68:
I know the feeling. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

slayer:
Yes, if done correctly and effectively, there is MUCH more to marketing than meets the eye (no pun intended). Unfortunately too few Marketing Firms go far enough. And anyone can "hit" once and a while... luck is a funny thing, and too many assign its effects improperly, saying it was skill.

Most of the time people who get lucky can tell you that something worked.. but can they tell you WHY it worked? Could they tell you that they actually PLANED it that way? And can they do that with consistency? Now THAT is what sets companies and individuals apart. But that is another topic. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

As for where I went to school... that might not be the best question to ask. The school alone does not make the person, or make them good at what they do. To help figure out what is best for YOU, you might want to ask a few questions... and how you answer them will help determine you best plan of action.

What area of business do you want to get into?

What is your motivating factor? Money? Power (or the illusion of it)? Status? Personal gratification?

What is your current and planned budget for your schooling?

All of these questions will better help you determine what plan of action to take, and which school to attend, more than knowing what diploma(s) may be hanging from my office wall and from which University(s) they were awarded by. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif And keep in mind that no amount of schooling can replace good old common sense... something I have seen many a well "Educated" person lack.

If you "have" it, a good school will help polish it for you. Good luck in your search. If you have any other questions, feel free to e-mail me, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

This is really not something for the forums. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

Thanks.

------------------
“The richest man is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.”

rt_81
08-23-2001, 12:51 PM
reason number #231 i should have been at IAO, half nakid girls covered in paint while indulging in a little foreplay. hell yes yeah, sex sells. id have enjoyed it. but do we know the whole story behind this stunt. was this what the people had in mind when they set this up. i heard about it earlier and this is the first i have seen of these pics. im willing to bet that when they filled up this pool with paintballs, they werent planning on charging a cover charge and serving coctails. things can get out of hand in situations like this. its easy for things to take a turn for the worst and a lot of the time there isnt much you can do about it untill the damage is already done. obviously this isnt a good situation for young kids to see. but cripe, go turn on a tv or visit the movie theater and tell me what you see. personaly, im going to wait untill i get the whole story before i go passing a moral judment on this one. these paintball polotics give me a headache, i have to go lie down.

thats 2 cents coming your way

RT

Arturus
08-23-2001, 01:16 PM
Some people seems to have missed the point.

As Cphillip's pointed out, there is a time and place for everything. There are kids in those pictures and apparently there were those as young as 10 at the skirmish event where they basically had a wet t-shirt/topless contest.

For all the reasons that have been pointed out in the previous posts, the events specified here can never really benefit anyone commercially, nor will it bring 'good' light to our sport.

That.. And it was just in bad taste?

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

cphilip
08-23-2001, 01:25 PM
Thank you Arturus. Well said.

Hey guys... I like naked or partialy naked women as much as the next guy. But if I am going to ooogle them I don't want my kid watching. Thats just sick! http://www.automags.org/ubb/frown.gif

You kids want me to email this picture to your mothers and tell em this is what goes on at Tourneys? Whats that I hear? No? Cause she will never let me go to one after taht right? Didn't think so...

Micromag5371
08-23-2001, 02:01 PM
Ok. I will probably catch somebody's wrath for this. You people complain about the smallest details the event promoters thought would help their event. When its the superbowl, and half time is out, there are many sexy and scantily-dressed females. I myself have not heard any body complain about taking their kids there to see some cheerleaders at half time, never mind the extreme physical contact and sometimes injuries of football players. Football is great. I am not a big football fan, but I see its value, and it is here to stay along with the females that are involved. Females are involved in paintball. I won't pass this one off with "Your child will see a half-dressed female someday, anyways." I don't see what is wrong with females and males, wrestling in a tub of paint. By the looks of it, they are having fun and nobody is getting injured. Whats the difference if you take your small child to a beach, where some women dress in 2-piece bikini's? Mmm, i don't see any differene between that, football or the beach.

I think people are over-protective these days. It is good to be aware, but not VERY protective. I can see your reasons. I think you adults, me being 15, should talk to your kids about growing up and what is to come when they are 10-13, Pre-adolescense. It isn't very hard. decide when your child is old enough, and sit down and talk to them just like you would talk about being anti-drug or anti-alcohol.

------------------
"It takes a man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at him."

micromag s/n 003554
need a pic?- http://www.geocities.com/unblood/Paintball.html

cphilip
08-23-2001, 02:13 PM
No that's cool. At 15 I would expect I would have said pretty much the same thing. Nobody should "give you their wrath" for it... http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

fenris69
08-23-2001, 02:17 PM
look...ill level with everyone, im a pervert. certifiable. many of you are as well i think http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif and as much as the sight of three women kissing may turn me on, it has NO place in paintball. ESPECIALLY with a bunch of kids and tippman himself looking on??? wtf is that? yeah, the kids arent stupid and if they want some pr0n theyre welcome to it...but cmon, this is bad business. its not about OUR morality...cause id rather not guess at that collective level...heh...but if the wrong people see this? ugh. bad news guys.

Thordic
08-23-2001, 02:24 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MagDog68:
shartley
No matter how many times I say i hate the Marketing Department in my company, they always seem to make things "seem" better. Maybe that's why I hate them so...

...that and the fact that they break every piece of IT equipment in their department on a religious schedule.

~Fred</font>

Hooray for marketing! :-)

Brian David Casani
Marketing Assistant
URS Corporation

http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
CamoSplashed MiniMag
S/N MM12913
Clear AGD Warp Feed
14" SP AA

Lots of stuff coming...

Arturus
08-23-2001, 04:50 PM
Micromag5371 - It's totally cool and I probably would have said the same at 15... wait, no I wouldn't have. Oh well.. =p

And no you shouldn't get anyone's wrath for stating your opinions and you have made good points.

That said, I wonder why people make the arguments of -

"It's going to happen anyway.. "
"Sooner or later..."
"Why bother... "

So... Hopefully you see my point. Why not take a 4 year old to a strip show? It'll happen sooner or later right. Or let me guess, there should still be some age restrictions? Why even have an age limit on drinking, I mean... we have kids these days drinking at 9 anyway. (I understand that you weren't trying to pass with that Micromag, but just had to point it out)

And there is a difference between seeing women on beaches with bikinis on and at a staged event such as the one that's been the subject of the debate. Just as there is a difference when a person poses nude at an event for the purpose of research (anatomy.. etc) and art, and 'most' strip bars where they do it to err... you know.

As I've been apologizing lately, I'm rather lazy and avoiding analyzing every statement I make, and for some reason have this aweful headache that's a constant. What the few others and I have pointed out isn't really about being 'overly-protective', but rather an issue ranging from having a common sense to good taste. At the chance of sounding smug, if you don't see the point we're trying to make now... Well. *shrugs*

To end... Just imagine at half-time during the superbowl a large mat full of mud is brought out and half-naked teenagers/college girls start wrestling and making out... With a 9 year old right infront of the camera on national television.

http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

Notice not many of us have ever complained about cheerleaders in a paintball event.

I just have a feeling many of us are communicating on different levels and missing eachother's points.

------------------
Armageddon 68/4500
12 vt Revolution

[This message has been edited by Arturus (edited 08-23-2001).]

woody 2
08-23-2001, 04:58 PM
look in the backgrounds of th epictures..this thingy wont grow to anymore tounraments, cuzlook at the peoples expressions that re watching. they seem very bored and unimpressed. its weird...sorry but i have no paintball fetishes so i dont wanna see chcicks makin out with paint all over em... now give em some red comboy boots and a hat.... just joking =)

automagseeker
08-23-2001, 05:33 PM
I agree with cphilip, no kids should watch this sort of thing, we need paintball to be accepted by the public, if its not bad enough that we shoot eachother with markers( or "guns" as non-pball ppl call them I think).I still personally think it would be bad for the sport overall. It still disturbs me that that little kid is there watching... just my thoughts again http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

Dogbone
08-23-2001, 07:05 PM
I first read this before I went to work this morning and have thought about it off and on during the day. All I can say is that whoever thought this stunt up wasn't thinking to clearly. This isn't a spring break event it's a tournament. A gathering of players and industry people and their families in many cases. The idea being that it's a time and place for teams to compete and for the industry to display it's wares and promote the sport.To put on that kind of display at an event of this type is improper and unprofessional.

It just goes to show that paintball is it's own worst enemy. There are people out there who want nothing less than to shut the whole sport down. Is it smart to be going out of our way to help them by giving them ammunition to attack us with? Or by doing things that will drive people away from the sport and away from big events? Yet it happens over and over again.

Sure you can say "Screw the media I'm having fun!" but you better remember that it's the media who is going to present us to the non playing public. You better also remember that part of that public are elected officials who make the laws. People who can with one law abolish this sport.

Don't think it can happen? Think again. The majority of people who play paintball are young men, roughly between the ages of 15 and 25. This is a demographic which elected officials don't particularly care about. Why? Because they are either ineligible to vote or as history has shown, don't vote. Why the heck should they care what you think?

Ah, but now you say that paintball is a multi million dollar industry. They won't shut it down because of the hit the economy would take and the people who would be unemployed. Well I got news for you. The industry is composed of small operations for the most part who don't hire many people. There isn't one community out there that would be economically impacted by the whole industry being shut down.

Oh, one other thing. To the best of my knowledge there is no such thing as a paintball lobby up on capitol hill. Or a national paintball organization to take on that roll. Which means we have little or no representation with law makers. Anybody here old enough to remember three wheelers and what happend to them? They don't exist anymore despite the fact that they were very popular and the manufactuers who made them had lawyers and lobbyists fighting for them on the hill.

So far paintball has been a fringe sport. The majority of people don't know about it or don't know much about it. It is however a growing sport which more and more people are becoming aware of. We as players and/or members of the industry can either take the responsibility to make sure that good first impressions are made or we can just focus on having fun for the moment and "screw the media" and the future of the sport. Your choice.

automagseeker
08-23-2001, 07:13 PM
damn well said lol http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

pumpamatic
08-23-2001, 07:27 PM
Um, I agree with you all that this isn't helping the public image of paintball, but i don't think that anyone at IAO had really made it to be chicks wrestling and making out in it. I mean, it was open to anyone who wanted to wrestle in paint, was it not? I saw a different pic(I believe on WARPIG) with two guys wrestling in paintballs. It's kinda like the one baseball game this season with the Milwaukee Brewers and someone else, I forgot who, where everyone threw their free baseballs they received onto the field. The event coordinators might have supplied the paintball wrestling pool, but they didn't plan on having sex involved.

shartley
08-23-2001, 07:34 PM
If that was the case, then shouldn't the event coordinators have had someone monitoring and controlling the events?

If they had a monitor for the events and it was allowed to continue, it is the same thing as planning it. No excuses.

And if they did NOT have a monitor for the events, that is poor planning and execution, and STILL makes what happened their direct responsibility.

There is no way to pass the buck on this issue. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

magman007
08-23-2001, 07:35 PM
OK LET ME SHUT THIS DOWN ONCE AND FOR ALL, It wasn just girls, there were guys doing it 2! there were also prizes awarded! it drew attention to the nps trailer, it was a good thing! these people were having fun! THey were kissing to make up and to show friend ship, it isnt like a gay or lesbian thing it is how gorls are. Do we even know if thee kissing? how do we know there not huging??? I see there is a problem with the little kid watching but big whoop! his parents were prolly there watching 2! It is stupid to argue this point, did any body see the extreme tent? there was a whole lotta skany stuff gouin n up there! and do you guys remember my post that wdp gives paintball a bad name??? they have porno airs, naked chick triggers and nude parties at the mardigrad open! lighten up! this isn by far the worst thing fpr paintball, so lighten up guys it is over and done with i hope this topic dosnt re surface

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

rt_81
08-23-2001, 07:49 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by magman007:
OK LET ME SHUT THIS DOWN ONCE AND FOR ALL, It wasn just girls, there were guys doing it 2! there were also prizes awarded! it drew attention to the nps trailer, it was a good thing! these people were having fun! THey were kissing to make up and to show friend ship, it isnt like a gay or lesbian thing it is how gorls are. Do we even know if thee kissing? how do we know there not huging??? I see there is a problem with the little kid watching but big whoop! his parents were prolly there watching 2! It is stupid to argue this point, did any body see the extreme tent? there was a whole lotta skany stuff gouin n up there! and do you guys remember my post that wdp gives paintball a bad name??? they have porno airs, naked chick triggers and nude parties at the mardigrad open! lighten up! this isn by far the worst thing fpr paintball, so lighten up guys it is over and done with i hope this topic dosnt re surface

</font>

i havent seen so many exclamation points since my last high school deficency report. http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif

some good points, though a bit crudly stated.

RT

Paintballer86
08-23-2001, 07:53 PM
ho ho ho little boy..... I will tell you whats up.... http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
If you run, you will only be marked tired
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/Paintballer86/image001.gif

shartley
08-23-2001, 07:54 PM
hmmm Interesting. Making an argument that the Paintball Wrestling was not bad because there was WORSE stuff going on.

I don't know about anyone else, but that kind of makes the points stated earlier even stronger. Paintball Industry Folks need to seriously look at the self destruction factor in their lack of thinking.

Just points to ponder. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

Dogbone
08-23-2001, 08:46 PM
Like I said, paintball is it's own worst enemy.

Major Ho
08-23-2001, 08:49 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Paintballer86:
ho ho ho little boy..... I will tell you whats up.... http://www.automags.org/ubb/biggrin.gif
</font>

You Rang...? Just trying to be neutral and see both sides here but I saw other pics of that scene of the paintball pool and from the looks of things it didn't seem as though this were a mere friendly match, the extra pictures I saw had quite a bit of sexual orientation going on. It probably isnt 100% appropriate at an event such as IAO due to the vastly diverse crowd. When was the last time you went to Redskins training camp and saw the cheerleaders wrestling in a vat of Gatorade?(Huge Washington Redskins fan by the way) There be the wee little tots looking up to the heroic-like football player only to see the soaking wet cheerleaders in the background? No...I think not.

MagDog68
08-23-2001, 11:52 PM
shartley
No matter how many times I say i hate the Marketing Department in my company, they always seem to make things "seem" better. Maybe that's why I hate them so...

...that and the fact that they break every piece of IT equipment in their department on a religious schedule.

~Fred

cphilip
08-24-2001, 06:27 AM
OK let's try this....Each of you take the picture of the two girls kissing. Only that one. This will simulate the way the Press would handle and use it. That's right...one picture taken out of context with a headline using the word Paintball in it somewhere in the Papers or on the News. Now...send that picture to your Wife, Mother Grandmother...whatever. Tell her this is the kind of things that go on at Paintball Tourneys and will they let you go to them now? Let's see how many Women out there will think highly of paintball when it "appears" to be associated with sexist female degradation. I think a vast majority would say NO WAY! Now remember, this may not be true but taken as one picture (exactly how the Press would do it) it certainly looks that way now doesn't it? So then let's see now...hmmmm? If Moms, Wives and Granny see it that way, then how does the general public see it? Hmmmm? So if one picture can be taken out of context and do damage to the image of Paintball and Zap IAO then isn't it bad for Paintball? Think about it that way... http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

automagseeker
08-24-2001, 09:16 AM
The wise noble cphilip has spoken * moment of silence* http://www.automags.org/ubb/smile.gif