PDA

View Full Version : Plastic nubbins

2fun
11-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Hey, I just bought a used mag, and one of the barrels has TWO of the plastic nubbins installed.
Is this correct?
I thought that like the wire nubbins, you were only supposed to install ONE plastic nubbin.

So whats the real story??
Thanks!

Remington
11-20-2002, 01:49 PM
I don't see how it's possible to put TWO plastic nubbins on one barrel. If it works with them both leave it. If not then you're really only supposed to use one.

toymyster
11-20-2002, 01:56 PM
The newer barrels will have a double detent system!!! Which means you will have 2 nubbing on opposite sides of eachother!! It's perfectly normal!!!

2fun
11-20-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by toymyster
The newer barrels will have a double detent system!!! Which means you will have 2 nubbing on opposite sides of eachother!! It's perfectly normal!!!

So you are saying you are SUPPOSED to use two of them, or its OK to use two of them?

Were they designed to use two at a time, or just ONE at a time?:confused:

Thanks!

RetroEclipseMan
11-20-2002, 02:21 PM
As far as I know the newer barrels are meant to use 2 nubbins. The stock crown point barrel on my bro's TKO Mag has 2 nubbins on it. I got an older boomstick and tried to use one of the plastic nubbins and i couldn't get it to hold a ball in the breach since it only has room for one nubbin. That's just been my experience though.

Xzion
11-20-2002, 11:41 PM
I'f im not mistaken, RT PRO and E-Mag barrels are the only ones who use the dual nubbins on their barrels.

They are able to be used on regular mags, but I think its suppose to be bit of a performance thing. Having two opposed to one is suppose to keep the ball from spinning when it hits the friction of the normal solo nubbin.

toymyster
11-21-2002, 12:37 AM
That is exactly why they have 2 nubbins!!! My Equation barrel also has 2 nubbins!! And yes 2fun, they are supposed to have 2 nubbins!!

xrancid_milkx
11-21-2002, 12:12 PM
I recently bought a Minimag and it came with two nubins installed.

Xzion
11-21-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by xrancid_milkx
I recently bought a Minimag and it came with two nubins installed.

Perhaps dual nubbins are becoming standard on all 'mag barrels. Makes sense if you ask me :)

2fun
11-21-2002, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the replies!
So is this the same for the wire nubbins too, or could that cause too much ball breakage? :confused:

Xzion
11-21-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by 2fun
Thanks for the replies!
So is this the same for the wire nubbins too, or could that cause too much ball breakage? :confused:

could cause ball breakage, and from my experience, they can cause barrel gouging as well, if you happen to have the bolt bend the wire nubbings forward and into the barrel. :eek: :mad:

To say the least, I'll never use wire nubbins again, plastic all the way :)