PDA

View Full Version : who wants a COCKER FORUM??( AGD PLEASE LOOK)

Cockr+Mag1225
11-20-2002, 04:38 PM
I was just thinkin, there are a lot of people on this site(all forums) that have cockers. Well we are like a stray flock of lambs without a home(niiiicce:p) because there are no sites really dedicated to a cocker forum(there may be a few small ones out there) but i think that it would be nice if someone(site designers, administrators, Tom)would have a heart and make a prototype cocker forum (tech, or whatever) and have like a 30 day trial. If you guys think that there are a lot of responses and if would be good for the general public on the forum(after 30 days) then you should keep it. Vice virsa, if its bad and has low posts delete it. ALL IM ASKING IS THAT YOU DISPLAY A FORUM FOR 30 DAYS, FROM THERE DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH IT(keep it or dont)!!!!!

Will you please post if you're in favor of doing this(just a post u dont have to write anything).

THANK YOU EVERYBODY SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

-Cocker+Mag1225

PS-Tom please PM Me.

magman007
11-20-2002, 04:45 PM
well, it would be nice for you all, dont get me wrong, but the angel forum is there for a reason. We origionaly bought the angelownersgroup website, and were going to run it like we did ao, but for angel guys... but angel-owners.com had been up and tom didnt really know... so we just incorporated the site into the angel forum.... a cocker forum would be cool, but then we would need an impy forum.... and then it wouldnt really be ao would it?

just my feelings....

Cockr+Mag1225
11-20-2002, 04:48 PM
Your right, all im sayin is that u have trial period for a cockers forum....and see how it goes... MORE TO COME!

-Cocker+Mag1225

petefol
11-20-2002, 04:57 PM
doesnt wgp have a forum?

shartley
11-20-2002, 05:01 PM
I will not get into all the reasons why we should not have a forum dedicated for cockers, but WILL state that if you want to see AO turn into a pile of ashes go ahead and make one. Think we have problems now?:rolleyes:

OldSchoolMag
11-20-2002, 05:05 PM
Wow, shartley, never thought I'd live to see YOU make a broad generalization:D :D :D

I think it's worth looking into, at the least. I mean, if we didn't want to open this whole can of worms of "if we add a Cocker forum, then we need an Impy forum" we shouldn't have added the Angel forum! It was bound to come up sooner or later...

OSM

Muzikman
11-20-2002, 05:08 PM
There are already too many forums. Not that i don't like cockers...I do...I shoot one as my primary marker. But it's an Automags Owners Group...I think there is enough veriety already.

covadsucks
11-20-2002, 05:13 PM
AO is more than diverse enough as is. If you seek an autococker forum, go to www.air-powered.com or something to that effect...there also used to the WGPOG Worr Game Products Owners Group, I think it's gone now.

paint magnet
11-20-2002, 05:13 PM
Why have a cocker forum here?

If you want an excellent and knowledgable cocker forum go here www.air-powered.com

shartley
11-20-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag
Wow, shartley, never thought I'd live to see YOU make a broad generalization:D :D :D

I think it's worth looking into, at the least. I mean, if we didn't want to open this whole can of worms of "if we add a Cocker forum, then we need an Impy forum" we shouldn't have added the Angel forum! It was bound to come up sooner or later...

OSM
LOL Actually, if you recall, I was against having an Angel Forum here too.... but for different reasons.

And the reason there IS an Angel Forum here is ALSO for different reasons than why it was asked that a Cocker Forum be made. ;)

Cocker owners already have a place to go, as has been pointed out above. That does not mean that they are not welcome here, they ARE. But that is different than creating a special forum for them....

Again, think things are bad now with the occasional Mag Basher? Go ahead and make the forum.... and I will sit back and laugh my rear off when all hell breaks loose. ;) And it will not be because of the good folks that own cockers either….. but do you honestly think you can attract ONLY the nice ones? ;)

cledford
11-20-2002, 05:33 PM
There is no reason for AGD to host forums dedicated to others guns. If WDP, WGP, Bob Long, Smart Parts or anyone else wants a forum they can invest in their own hardware, web software, developers and connection fees. In short it is an expensive undertaking. I own 3 AGD guns, a Shocker, 2 cockers, a Tippmann, Timmy, and an AKA Viking but do not expect AGD to host a forum for each of these other manufacturers.

I think AGD bought the Angel forum at the time when it looked like the Angel was the dominant tournament level marker and was looking to cross pollinate with their owners. I think the intention was to ignite a well intention rivalry like the 'mag /'cocker war of the early days - as such a rivalry is great for everyone involved. (I think stats show that each person would eventually own at least one of both markers at some point in a bi-polar market) Also, Angel owners at one point appeared to be more open to warps then most other gun owners in general. WDP/Angels have diminished in popularity, other markers (primarily Impulses and Timmys) are chewing up the WDP marker share (precluding the bi-polar situation and creating an situation where several markers are competing for dominance), and there is another Angel forum that sorta derailed the original idea as I understood it.

If you want a cocker forum there is one with a lot of traffic over at PB Nation. If you need a question about any gun answered intelligently it can already be posted here and many helpful users will offer advice.

-Calvin

digitard
11-20-2002, 05:36 PM
AO - Automag Owners Group

Last time I checked the cocker wasn't one of those .... and I understand the Angel forum cause they had the domain already so its just a central location thing ...

Im not trying to sound rude, its just that otherwise the whole point of the site/forums goes down the drain ...

Sincerely,
Dave K

TRIAD
11-20-2002, 05:46 PM
I too, would not like to see a 'cocker forum. The angel forum is there for a reason, and I can't say whether I like it or not, because I really don't know the effects, or what it was like BEFORE that forum. Nor do I know the whole story behind it.

However, I DO know that yes, this is The Official Automags Owners Group. I also know that if you add one, then you'll need to add them all. Look at PaintballCity.com, they've got more forums than I have posts.

There is paintball talk, and tech talk, none of which are centered around AGD markers (although I hate the X vs. AGD posts). This makes for mult-gun talk that further enhances what AO is here for: to prove a place for paintball players to talk online. If they separate it into different forums, you will LOSE that "mass" grouping, and the site will go downhill.

So no, it's not my decision to make, but if they do ever make one, it will be a sad day indeed, and the beginning of an even sadder period of time for AO.

Kevmaster
11-20-2002, 05:53 PM
yeh, the only reason there is an angel subset is because Tom did Bob over at TAG a favor when TAG was in a little trouble, i believe....

Ov3rmind
11-20-2002, 06:15 PM
A Cocker forum would be kinda' cool, but I'm fine without one anyway. PBNation already has an excellent Cocker forum for me to visit.

Jonno06
11-20-2002, 08:41 PM
I WANT ONE!!!!!

OMG,its what I have always wanted!!!!

well,since i have a cocker atleast!

HoppysMag
11-20-2002, 08:58 PM
think about this, who are you going to argue with, people who agree with you or people who dont... most/all here agree that atleast Mags are good guns and that keeps the figts down, elsewise why would you come to AO... i am also upset at all these people who want "Xmag pic threads" or "Emag only pic threads" if you seriously need to feel special that badly, i pity you. i hate the fact that the angel forum is here, not that the people are jerks o anything but the fact this is Automags. org . and i feel if we give something to one we must give it to all... PS i also hate the roundtable... no point, its like half way between deep blue and tech.

than205
11-20-2002, 10:17 PM
Plenty of places for cockers, all of these are or have forums for cockers:

http://thecog.bizland.com/
http://nextbreedonline.com/forums/index2.php
http://www.moodypaintball.com/vantrepes/
http://www.warpig.com/forums/tech/wgp/index.shtml
http://www.paintballresource.org/forums/
http://www.pbnation.com/
http://forums.paintballcity.com/

But theres only one AO.

Trench
11-20-2002, 10:20 PM
http://www.pbreview.com

They have forums for basicly every single gun... Go there...

MinimagRockin'
11-20-2002, 10:53 PM
I'd have to say if you want a PBN...then go to PBN!Otherwise come here to talk about mags and a cocker forum to talk about cockers. I've always thought that the angel forum stuck out like a sore thumb and I still don't like it very much.

LittMag
11-20-2002, 11:08 PM
no

Army
11-20-2002, 11:55 PM
Official word?

Ain't gonna happen, dude!

We have TAG here, as stated above. No one knows Angels more than Bob, and WDP wasn't helping him at all on the website...so, up steps our Hero, Tom!

Marek
11-21-2002, 07:21 AM
Directed to Shartley:

Completely off the subject, but how many wink faces do u have to put in a post to make it credible? U had 3 in one post containing 2 sentences. (its an exaggeration, stay with me) I guess its better than the roll eyes one, but who's to say that thats not next.

On the subject, I'm gonna be Swiss on my stance. On one hand, this is a Mag forum, and should be about all products related to AGD. On the other hand, it would be nice to look up something (product, ideas, etc.) and get an AO response, rather than smoke and mirrors, and BS answers. Ive read some of the other forums, and am always sleptical to believe what i am reading mainly cuz its not from AO. Just a thought.

shartley
11-21-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Marek
Directed to Shartley:
Completely off the subject, but how many wink faces do u have to put in a post to make it credible? U had 3 in one post containing 2 sentences. (its an exaggeration, stay with me) I guess its better than the roll eyes one, but who's to say that thats not next.

I don't put faces in my posts to make them "credible". I do it because there has been a HUGE problem with folks not taking my posts in the manner in which they were intended. The "faces" tend to help clear up that issue....

However, your post proves that no matter WHAT I post, someone will find a problem with it.

Oh... here you go... :rolleyes:

cphilip
11-21-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by kevmaster
yeh, the only reason there is an angel subset is because Tom did Bob over at TAG a favor when TAG was in a little trouble, i believe....

Sorry I did not notice this sooner...

Nope! Nothing can be further from the truth. And I want to dispell that right now. TAG has not been in any trouble. Tom had no reason to do anyone a favor on that note. Tom bought the defunct Angel site for reasons he clearly explained here when he did it and you can easily search them out. And in fact Bob at TAG did us a favor by agreeing to Moderate it for us giving it a big boost in credibility. And it is due to him that it is a great place to get Angel information. Bob is the best there is. There is no truth to any of what you heard. Althought there are some other Angel Tech places that are jealous of Bob and may feel the need to spread rumors they are not true.

I was there during the whole thing. Bob was chosen by unanimous input to Tom AFTER the site was purchased. The site was purchased before his name ever came up as Moderator. I and most of the other moderators brought his name up. Tom agreed and offered it to him a day before the forum went up on line. And so far he has proven us correct in running a great Forum. Thats the facts...end of story... Period!

ogre55
11-21-2002, 09:30 AM
I have a cocker. My first cocker in fact. I know they are somewhat tricky beasts and I would love to get info on them.

However, this is the AUTOMAG OWNERS GROUP. Cockers have become so widespread and there is plenty of info on them out there to anyone who has the 2 minutes to do a web search and find it. When I wanted some credible info, that is what I did. If someone wants Cocker info from AO, I am sure that I, or any one of the dozens of other Cocker owners in AO would be more than happy to help, or at least show the inquisitive party where to go.

To have a Cocker forum would be redundant considering what is already out there.

Ogre

Marek
11-21-2002, 11:09 AM
Well, I for one am proud of u. Went thru an entire post and no faces. Good job.

Thanks for the :rolleyes: at the end for me, really touched me...

shartley
11-21-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Marek
Well, I for one am proud of u. Went thru an entire post and no faces. Good job.

Thanks for the :rolleyes: at the end for me, really touched me...
It is amazing that no matter what the topic, if I post in it, someone will somehow turn it into an issue with me. :rolleyes: ;)

I guess I am a pretty important person……………

(Note: If there was a :rolleyes: at the end, it would mean that I did NOT go the entire post with no faces. ;) So next time you try to be cute, I would advise being factual about what you post… it would make you look less silly. ;))

Can we now get on with life?

Cockr+Mag1225
11-21-2002, 03:34 PM
I think for the most part that many of you are against but there are also some of you who would like one, so im not going to condemn my idea yet, but remember ALL IM ASKING IS THAT MABEY IF THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE WHO WANT ONE, THAN GIVE IT A 3 MONTH TRIAL. Im being friendly:p

-Cockr

HoppysMag
11-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Cockr+Mag1225
I think for the most part that many of you are against but there are also some of you who would like one, so im not going to condemn my idea yet, but remember ALL IM ASKING IS THAT MABEY IF THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE WHO WANT ONE, THAN GIVE IT A 3 MONTH TRIAL. Im being friendly:p

-Cockr

yes you are being friendly and were not flaming you or anything, its just the majority DOESNT want one, so its probibly not gunna happen

shartley
11-21-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by HoppysMag

yes you are being friendly and were not flaming you or anything, its just the majority DOESNT want one, so its probibly not gunna happen
Not to mention that the Mods have also said it would not happen......

Can someone please drag this horse off before it starts drawing flies? ;)

Marek
11-21-2002, 06:04 PM
And there u go again, goin nutz with the faces. Hey, if u think that im attacking u in anyway, and that i join a group of ppl that attack everytime u post, thats cool. Glad to see those Tony Robbins' I am Great, Let me show the World tapes are helpin you.

You no, with a person that says they have very little time to search/post/talk/shop/play/have tea with, u post awfully quickly. Maybe I should get one of those turkey timers from Thanksgiving, and time to see how long it takes for u to reply to this post. And go....

Boble86
11-21-2002, 07:11 PM
You can put me up for being against this also. I dont like cocker, never have liked them, never will.

Cockr+Mag1225
11-23-2002, 09:22 AM
allright..allright!!!!! I guesa this was a bad idea, sorry. No cocker forum then, thats final.