PDA

View Full Version : PaintballForums.net opens!!

cyr0n_k0r
11-20-2002, 05:50 PM
hey guys,

PaintballForums.net finally opens. You can go there and ask questions if you need something else to do :)

check it out, I worked for 3 weeks on the design.. tell me what you think.

www.paintballforums.net

digitard
11-20-2002, 05:52 PM
Not bad...

But I own a mag .. this is a mag forum ... thousands of Mag users with years of knowledge ...

I'm happy here :)

Sincerely,
Dave K

ben_JD
11-20-2002, 05:56 PM
It's a nice design, but if you do not have the moderators to keep the cussing kiddies in check, then it will be a place where only cussing kiddies go.

petefol
11-20-2002, 06:00 PM
nice, you used a mag in the title picture too.

shartley
11-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Pretty good design…..I like how you use a Mag in your top image. BUT… I personally think it is bad form that you have never posted on AO before, but your first post is to SPAM for your site.

Also, as was stated, unless you moderate VERY WELL, you will soon find your forums going down in flames, being just another PBN and similar forum. Good luck.

TRIAD
11-20-2002, 06:30 PM
Yes, good mods like we have here are hard to find.

Oh yes, and your first post to spam, not good.

Kevmaster
11-20-2002, 06:43 PM
yeh, no offense, but do we need another PBCity, PBN, PBReview....

(says he who is signing up for it right now...)

cyr0n_k0r
11-20-2002, 07:20 PM
Thats exactly what I am trying to avoid.

I am not another PBN, PBC or whatever.
My site is add free, a hell of a lot faster than PBN and looks much nicer in my opinion.

I didnt mean to spam on my first post, but ive been working for 3 weeks getting the design done and am just now starting the public relations thing.

I havent had time to sign up and get a post base before I began posting the site. Hope you guys understand.

EDIT: also, does this forum not allow cussing? Jeez, thats pretty dumb.. you limit the peoples expression. I dont bieleave in censoring.

Cussing is not restricted on PBF but hopefully people can be mature enough to restrain themselves. (for the most part)

spazzed
11-20-2002, 07:52 PM
I agree w/ you on the censorship part, BUT, you'd be amazed at how fast a bunch of little immature runts can bring down a form w/ their vulgarities. I've seen it happen before. It's not pretty.

shartley
11-20-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by cyr0n_k0r
EDIT: also, does this forum not allow cussing? Jeez, thats pretty dumb.. you limit the peoples expression. I dont bieleave in censoring.

Cussing is not restricted on PBF but hopefully people can be mature enough to restrain themselves. (for the most part)
Well, you just lost my respect with that one.... LOL

Sorry, but you came to the highest used paintball forum on the internet, with probably the highest number of members, and with the most posts, and say not allowing cussing is pretty dumb because it limits peoples' expression? LOL Oh yeah... I can clearly see that people have a hard time posting on AO. LOLROF

Good luck... ;)

TRIAD
11-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Limiting cussing is not "censorship". This forum was meant to be "PG-13". Thus, cussing is not allowed. Censorship would be if we DENIED people to post information. AO is ALL about information. We love it, we DON'T like people coming in here and cussing. Why? Because it adds nothing to the site and can take away from the population that may be allowed to visit this site.

EsPo
11-20-2002, 08:14 PM
dude, that quick reply thing was a really good idea.

EsPo
11-20-2002, 08:17 PM
o ya, forgot to ask.. is there email notifications evertime a person posts at a thread your subscribed to?

CRiZO
11-20-2002, 08:50 PM
good grief, you people are quick to criticize aren't you? Everyone is entitled to their own belief's and such, he made the site, he can do what he wants with it.

Personnally I find the site sexy, very awesome job on it, i hope it grows big n' strong! lol. You have unlimited bandwidth and all? Curious how much that is costing you, PM me with details about that plz. Once again, nice job.

ben_JD
11-21-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by cyr0n_k0r
also, does this forum not allow cussing? Jeez, thats pretty dumb.. you limit the peoples expression.Correct, we do not allow cussing and frown mightily upon flaming. It seems to have "limited" expression by forcing kiddies (young and old) to coalesce their synaptic firings into thoughtful and understandable narratives. We fail sometimes, but I think you will find that the substance of this forum is second-to-none and superior to all that have come before and since.

I dont bieleave in censoring.That is fine. Please operate you board in any fashion you choose; it is my opinion that to not set limits and force your population to adhere to those limits will mean the downfall of your forum as a site to be visited by those in search of anything other than verbal pillow-fights.

Making your sight an attractive color of brown does not, in itself, differentiate you from .

[i][Edited misspelling]

WhoDaresPlay
11-21-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Sorry, but you came to the highest used paintball forum on the internet, with probably the highest number of members, and with the most posts

Both PBN and PBC (individually) have more hits, more members, more posts and more threads.

ben_JD
11-21-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by WhoDaresPlay

Both PBN and PBC (individually) have more hits, more members, more posts and more threads. More people go to McDonalds than to Tavern on the Green, also.

shartley
11-21-2002, 03:16 PM
LOL I stand corrected….. my mistake. I typed without much thought....

Oh... you forgot to add they have more idiots too. ;)

toymyster
11-21-2002, 03:25 PM
The problem with foul language is you can not dictate what is a "reasonable ammount". In my opinion, of course, "Self expression", in a public fourum, needs to be done in a way that can be read by people of all ages. The no flaming rule for me just show our mutual respect for other people with diferrent opinions!! Personaly, I actualy do enjoy the ban on cursing!!! As many others have said, it keeps immature little twits out when we are trying to discuss a topic or give eachother tech advice or whatever!!

Hexis
11-21-2002, 03:28 PM
I think what SHartley ment to say was We have a much higher Signal to Noise Ratio here on AO than any other PB forum.

shartley
11-21-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Hexis
I think what SHartley ment to say was We have a much higher Signal to Noise Ratio here on AO than any other PB forum.
What HE said..... :) Thanks.