PDA

View Full Version : Smart Part Cusotmer Service

pntballgunz
11-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Smart Parts customer service is VERY POOR. I purchased a new 3-way solenoid for my Shocker from Smart Parts which arrived late October which costed me $90.00 w/ shipping. After installation, it was leaking from the relief hole which I was told by their tech to send back. A few days ago, I received a used 3-way solenoid in the mail. It was very apparant that it was a used repaired solenoid. The solenoid label sticker was halfway peeled and many toolmarks near the electrical connection and the screws anno was wearing off. The label sticker also has 09/01 printed on it which I assume was the manufatured date. I called Smart Parts to see if they sent me the wrong one by accident. The answer I got back was that it is a solenoid that works and pretty much I am stuck with it. I told them wouldn't they get upset if they purchased something new and and received a used product back. I further stated then why they charge me for a new product price and not a re-furbish/used price. The result was just silence on the phone. Well.....I will never purchase their Company's products again. I have never seen such poor customer service. I plan to keep the solenoid as a spare, but just think service like this is poor for paintball. I have never had problems with AGD, WORRGAMES or PALMERS.

Thanks

magsRus
11-20-2002, 10:01 PM
Many have said including my dad and I that SP's service is the best around. Guess you just had a bad experience

TRIAD
11-20-2002, 10:11 PM
The "bad experience" excuse does not cut it. Customer service is only as good as the WORST service given, and thus customer service is what is given to ALL customers. BIG name companies will be given better service, but what really counts is what JOE gets. Sure, there are SOME bad experiences, however, I have heard many bad things about SP and their products.

CpSuPeRkId
11-20-2002, 10:27 PM
ya SP just plain sucks. not only do they have horrible customer service(i have had a BAD experience) but they are now trying to sue some companies for using a solenoid in their gun just because they used the first solenoid in their shocker. i mean they ripped the patent off some other company for dirt cheap. GOSH i hate them. a big reason i got rid of my impulse, besides it giving me trouble and me being sick of seeing impulses everywhere i went, was because i didnt want to own a gun of such a stupid company. i went with the ir3 and i could not be happier.its the best gun ive ever laid my hands on. wdp has better customer service and they arent even in the United States.lol. they give you free software upgrades at big events, help you out over the phone, are true to their warranty claims(unlike SP), etc. companies like AGD, WDP, AKA are awesome. companies like SP should be sued for trying to sue everyone else.

cledford
11-21-2002, 12:04 AM
They are completely stupid also. My last experience cost both of us lots of extra money - yet no one benifited.

I called them for a burst disk for a Max-Flo 4500 psi system back in September. I needed it by the weekend and told them so, also paid overnight shipping - called Tuesday with my order. I described it 3 times to the girl who took the order who seemed a little uncertain that she really understood (I could here it in the voice). I finally convinced her to ask a tech - as the part description she was reading me seemed a little "off." I received it the next day and it was not the part I needed. Needless to say I was pissed and called them up - $20 of overnight shipping wasted. Oh, and that's not considering the 18 dollars worth of money I spent on what I thought were just very expensive burst disks. (I tried to tell her that $9 each for 2 was to much...) I spoke to her again and she tried to tell me I was wrong! Like I couldn't tell the difference between a 7500psi burst disk and a Shocker reg over -pressure poppet. Especially since the holes are different sizes! I then had to ask for her supervisor who susposedly again talked to a tech - and decided to be "nice" and split the overnight shipping with me - even though the whole thing was their mistake. The next day, 2 more Shocker poppets show up. I again call - very pissed. The third try and they finally got it right.

All in all, I could see if I needed a really obsure part - but all that for a burst disk?

Personally, I'm fairly satisfied with my Shockers quality. I also like the Freak. The Max-Flos work well, but are always leaking. Having said that, their quality seems to be dropping and I think the impulses are both ugly and cheap. I'll likely never buy one or any of their future guns.

-Calvin

toymyster
11-21-2002, 12:34 AM
Any poor customer service is unacceptable!! And unfortunately, bad customer service seems to be the norm in the paintball industry!! Also we have been somewhat spoiled by the fantastic service at AGD!!! I just wish other companies would learn from AGD and give if not excellent, at least acceptable service to their customers!!

Tron
11-21-2002, 01:53 AM
lol you guys are such tools.

-Tron

demonguy8
11-21-2002, 02:29 AM
I can garauntee you that somewhere along the line every company has had a problem with their customer service at atleast one point in time.. Just because you didnt hear about an incident doesnt mean one didnt happen...

As far as smart parts is concerned this isnt the first time... nor even the 10th time that Ive heard somone having problems with their service which is unfortunate since they seem to be making a killing with the impulse vision (not a suprise since the only substitute *a timmy* costs 2x as much) and thus they dont have the "magic hand" teaching them how to treat customers..

hardr0ck68
11-21-2002, 12:38 PM
yeah smart parts is a company started by players, and they run it like pro players would be expected to....

when you have money you are there target

after they get all your money you are the enemy

everytime you trun around there doin something else to prove that "oh no there is another, much deeper level of stupidity to be reached"

i had massive issues with fixing my maxflow, so i just gave up after i placed the same order for $120 worth of parts 3 times and got the run around...its like ok so i knew you dident want to fix it, but now you wont even sell me what i need to fix it?? so i just took the fiber bottle off the reg, and sold that POS for $60 and i am that much the happier

Ultimator
11-21-2002, 05:04 PM
Yeah, like AGD has never screwed up. My good friend Carl sent 3 guns and 2 tanks in to AGD to get fixed. EVERYTHING came back with issues. Stuff happens. I'm not trying to but down AGD as a company, in fact I love them. But I think that if you don't like Smart Part's Customer Service, you should read the manual and I'm sure it should give you instructions on how to replace o-rings or solenoids or whatever.