PDA

View Full Version : Nexed Paintball Gear

Gutt
11-20-2002, 06:29 PM
Hey guys...been "lurking" in this forum for some time and have seen the constructive criticism that you offer as players. I'm a new wholesale rep for Nexed paintball (and no this isn't a sales pitch) and would appreciate if you would visit www.nexed.com and take a look at our new line of paintball softgoods. We've been in development stages now for about six months and have the first run of product coming off the lines. I realize it's not as easy to give an opinion on items without touching them in person, but any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

Darren

AllAmericanMag
11-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Nice Website. Nice stuff. I'm interested in those gloves, how much do they go for? Do they bleed through and leave that black junk like other gloves?

magman007
11-20-2002, 06:42 PM
hello gutt, welcome to AO... Glad to see even more industry types here... From what i have herd from reliable sources, your gear is made well.. And i know your roller gear is done nicely.... THe site looks nice btw, and the products look good

shartley
11-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Assuming you already got permission to post this (since that would be common courtisy to the forum owners ;)), I will say…… I like the look of your Black Jerseys and Gray Gloves. Of course I can not tell the actual quality of them by simply looking at them on a site.

The Jerseys seem to be competitively priced.

If you would like REAL feedback, and reviews, I would suggest picking some of the membership that you feel would offer an unbiased and honest review of the product and have them evaluate it. They could then post their reviews here on AO. I would however, if you decide to do that, do it in private.

Oh... and AllAmericanMag.. you said you liked the site, but then ask how much the gloves go for? It clearly states $34.99 on the site. ;)

(ADDED: I forgot... Welcome to AO. :D)

(Added more: Oh, and your gear bag is almost like the one I already own. It is a sports/travel bag built exactly the same way… good choice of styles.)

Skoad
11-20-2002, 06:50 PM
nice lookin stuff for nice prices, might get some stuff later ;)

yeahthatsme
11-20-2002, 06:51 PM
yeah having some honest people on the site test the gear is a good idea. i'm available:D

Clare
11-20-2002, 06:53 PM
looks like great products :D

Trunnion
11-20-2002, 06:57 PM
shartley, the prices didn't load on my browser either. in fact, the jersey and bag sections didn't load at all, so i didn't even see them until i reloaded the site. i think the gloves look pretty good. i'd also be interested in the gear bag. mine has seen better days

shartley
11-20-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Trunnion
shartley, the prices didn't load on my browser either. in fact, the jersey and bag sections didn't load at all, so i didn't even see them until i reloaded the site. i think the gloves look pretty good
ahhhhh.... that would explain it. :) Wonder if it is because of their server or your system? They might want to look into that.

Muzikman
11-20-2002, 07:00 PM
"Brian" The-123 from here has one of your gear bags...he has raved them, and convinced me to buy two. My problem (and I avn't tried for about a week) is that I could not get into the online store. maybe I'll try again. I will say, compared to other bags, the Nexed bags are very reasonably priced, still can't figure out what the roll out piece is for though;)

shartley
11-20-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
"Brian" The-123 from here has one of your gear bags...he has raved them, and convinced me to buy two. My problem (and I avn't tried for about a week) is that I could not get into the online store. maybe I'll try again. I will say, compared to other bags, the Nexed bags are very reasonably priced, still can't figure out what the roll out piece is for though;)
I think that roll out part is "interesting", but I would not pay $129.99 for a bag that is almost identical to the one I have for my gear (which holds 3 complete marker setups, fully assembled... all my tools, 12 towels, etc.) that cost me about $30 at Target. Like I said, it looks almost identical. In fact I will go downstairs and take a picture of it real quick.....

toymyster
11-20-2002, 07:07 PM
Nice sight!!! Looks like you got the flash and dazzle down!! All the garments look great, on the pants, however, the knee reenforcement seems too high!!! For the front players who are doing knee slides all the time, the pants will rip right under the knee area!!! That is the same problem I had when I tested the early PJ pants for them!!!

shartley
11-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Here you go... theirs VS mine.... $129.99 VS $30.00

Like I said, mine holds... heck reference my post above.. ;)

(Added.. mine ALSO has internal compartments.)

Scooter/Cootie
11-20-2002, 07:21 PM
The site looks great! :cool: I'm glad I have a cable modem though, with all the Flash downloads, I can't imagine the download times for a dialup.

The opening movie is very unique, nice opening for the site. Also, the graphics and soundtrack are a nice edition, making the site fun to navigate.

One observation, in the "Team Discount" page, it appears that your trying to say 20% off retail for ten man teams but it's posted as "20% of retail for ten man teams". Same for 7 and 5 man teams however 3 man looks correct.

The products look intresting, especially your jerseys and gloves.

However, the pic for the pants almost make them look like they're tight against the skin and not baggy. I don't know if that was intentional but based on the pic alone (and this might not be correct but hey, it's the way I make my purchasing decisions online ;) ) I would not consider buying a pair.

Overall, looks like a great beginning for Nexed Paintball!

WhyIsItUpsideDown?
11-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Man has AGD let all the industry into the forum? Are we that good? LOL

Anyways, yeah its good gear, the bag, well yeah somebody already pointed that out. I would try to price things a little cheaper to keep ahead of the competition since you are new to paintball market and all.

AllAmericanMag
11-20-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by shartley

Oh... and AllAmericanMag.. you said you liked the site, but then ask how much the gloves go for? It clearly states $34.99 on the site. ;)

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! Didn't see that. Thanks Shartley!

shartley
11-20-2002, 08:02 PM
LOL Now THAT was funny! :D.... and you are welcome. LOL

cledford
11-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Gutt
Hey guys...been "lurking" in this forum for some time and have seen the constructive criticism that you offer as players. I'm a new wholesale rep for Nexed paintball (and no this isn't a sales pitch) ...

Hmmm, been lurking for some time, huh? Like since maybe the 5th of this month maybe? (at least according to your profile...) Personally I do think it's a sales pitch. I once read somewhere that anytime someone says "No this isn't X, Y or Z" there is a 99% chance that it is. My opinion (you asked for one) is next time just ask for feedback, the "extra" kinda bothered me.

-Calvin

Reo5th
11-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by cledford

Hmmm, been lurking for some time, huh? Like since maybe the 5th of this month maybe? (at least according to your profile...)
-Calvin

According to your profile...this can say a lot. I actually lurked this forum as a guest for 3 MONTHS before becoming a member! Trust me, its possible.

shartley
11-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Reo5th

According to your profile...this can say a lot. I actually lurked this forum as a guest for 3 MONTHS before becoming a member! Trust me, its possible.
That's true... however, he was right about the rest of it. LOL ;)

Mango
11-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Snazzy looking stuff. :) I'm not feeling the whole "pod pocket" on the pants though. I couldn't imagine running with a pod in my pocket, good for a back player I suppose. :)

But otherwise I like the style and design of everything. Can't wait till I have money again to try it out.

Gutt
11-20-2002, 11:26 PM
The website is not finished yet. I too have experienced some of the parts not loading all the time. The tech guy is looking into it. There's still a few gremlins to exterminate. Appreciate all the honest feedback on the products.

Shartley and Cledford...accept my apology if this came across as a sales pitch. It wasn't my intention and I'll take your feedback into account. Cledford, please don't beat me up like WAS...I swear this stuff won't make your gun shoot more consistently!;) Oh yeah, I have been lurking as a guest for awhile now...muhahahahahaha.

Darren

toymyster
11-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Children, be nice!!! This gentleman post to ask our opinion because he's seen us give honest advice, let's give him our honest opinions about his products!!! Since when did we -the family that is AO- care who has been a member for how long??? If we want to be more involved with product design, and we want to be heard by the industry, questioning their profile or the diction in their post is not the way to do it!!!!

shartley
11-20-2002, 11:30 PM
The website is not finished yet. I too have experienced some of the parts not loading all the time. The tech guy is looking into it. There's still a few gremlins to exterminate. Appreciate all the honest feedback on the products.

Shartley and Cledford...accept my apology if this came across as a sales pitch. It wasn't my intention and I'll take your feedback into account. Cledford, please don't beat me up like WAS...I swear this stuff won't make your gun shoot more consistently!;) Oh yeah, I have been lurking as a guest for awhile now...muhahahahahaha.

Darren
Well, if you have been lurking as a guest for a while like you say ;) then you know that if I had a major problem with it, I would have come right out and told you. :) I generally tell it like I see it.

Best of luck.... looks like you have a good start.....

omni
11-20-2002, 11:42 PM
Interesting product line, I really like the look of the gloves/Jersey.

Do you have any Canadian stores, I wasn't able to look it up in the zip locater :D?

Laser
11-20-2002, 11:46 PM
Very nice site. Only thing I don't like about it is all the reloading all the images has to do to go back a page.

I love the yellow nexed pants, and would order some if there was a way I knew how tell what size would fit me.

TransMan
11-21-2002, 12:05 AM
well the site is nice i didnt hve any problems with it the stuff looks cool. The major problem i have is that the only green thing u have are the gloves i would buy a pair of those pants and a jersey if they came in green like the gloves.

cledford
11-21-2002, 12:07 AM
Cledford, please don't beat me up like WAS...I swear this stuff won't make your gun shoot more consistently!;) Oh yeah, I have been lurking as a guest for awhile now...muhahahahahaha.
Darren

That's proof enough for me :) Please accept my apoligies.

-Calvin

BarryTolar
11-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Site no work on Win2K IE 5.5 SP2 for me. (Pricing doesn't show up I mean)

Also I'm thinking that's WAY too much Flash for a low bandwidth version.

Just ideas.

Barry

Edit : Cause I forgot to say what didn't work

Skoad
11-21-2002, 12:26 AM
you know theres different kinds of pants/bags just click the different kind on the lower right corner.

Snooky
11-21-2002, 03:21 AM
What i liked:
The site:
The intro was unique and different
The background music was actually still cool after 5 minutes amazingly.

The products:
The back of the jersey's and them in black or red
The driven and fusion pants because they are simple. excluding the crotch on the driven pants.
The gloves look great except im a lil worried about how big the velcro strip is and if it will hold the glove on tight and stay on.
The fold out gear mat on the bag.

Troy
11-21-2002, 08:03 AM
I have seen your products at cup this year and they looked great. The only problem I seen is that your pants are too thin. I would rip them in a day. I haven't met a pair of paintball pants I couldn't destroy.

DryIce
11-21-2002, 08:07 AM
shartley, just for money savings sake... can we see an inside pic of your bag :)

shartley
11-21-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by DryIce
shartley, just for money savings sake... can we see an inside pic of your bag :)
It is pretty standard… large open area and internal pockets on the “door flap”. You can make compartments with foam, or simply place your gear in it. The best thing would be to visit your local Target, WalMart, etc. and see what they have on hand. If it meets your needs, get it… if not, pay $100 more for this other bag… or get one from another company.

It is all what the customer feels is worth the money, and if the product fits their needs.

Gutt
11-21-2002, 09:31 AM
I knew I could count on folks here at AO for some feedback. I'm going to talk to the pres about making a html option on the website for those of us not blessed with high speed access.

You know, I never noticed the green glove thing...I'll check on why this color option is not available in the jersey or pant.

Troy...when we first started doing development on these pants, I thought the same thing. I usually rip pants on my first knee slide. Truth is...I'm wearing the same pair I started with six months ago without a tear. The stretch material above the knee is designed to take the fabric stress of a slide and give instead of rip. Tell you what, pm me with your address and I'll see what I can do about sending you a pair to give your opinion on.

I'm also going to suggest placing the sizing chart on the website.

Please be patient as these get distributed to the retail shops...most in the nation have expressed some interest, but if you don't see them, just ask.

Thanks again ladies and gentlemen.

Darren

ogre55
11-21-2002, 09:59 AM
Nice site. My only comment is on the design of the gloves. While interesting, I found them to be a bit too busy, visually.

My personal preference is for something a little bit more reserved, if that is the right word to use.

Ogre

Gutt
11-21-2002, 10:28 AM
I'm trying to convince the designer to go with a black option for the glove...the colors are nice for overall uniform play, but for those knockaround days it would be nice to have something a little less "wow". Thanks for the input.

Darren

joeyjoe367
11-21-2002, 02:42 PM
For some reason, When I look at your "Pro" pants, I keep thinking "Mega-Man" LOL.

The strechy sections sounds like smart anti-tear engineering. Never had any problems with pants tearing on me, but I wear old BDU's 'still :P

Honestly, I don't think i would ever buy a pair of "paintball" pants simply because I don't play paintball as often as I would like to, and paying $50-$70 for a pair of pants I'll wear 2x a month isn't practical for me.

I'd like to see something you could wear daily, but is odveously designed for paintball (ex: squeegee pockets, etc..)

Brak
11-21-2002, 05:47 PM
that music in the background is awesome! the website is put together well also. im going to have to buy some of this stuff probably

the123
11-21-2002, 06:43 PM
I too found out 'Who the Heck Nexed' was at WC. The first day, even before I checked out 25% of the show, I strolled over to their vending area after a teammate told me about a great deal they were having. Buy a pair of the new, unreleased, NX Pro Pants and have them shipped after the event and get a free pair of their 'Roller Hockey' pants as a bonus. I looked over the Paintball pants and was very impressed at the design and effort that went into making them. The crotch area has a very large stretch area, stretch areas above the knee, and 2 pod pockets (good for me since I play back). Overall a great piece of gear. I jumped on the deal noticing that there were less than 20 pairs of the 'free Roller Hockey' pants left. I figured I couldn't go wrong for 2 pairs of pants. I also picked up a pair of the XL gloves, and a NX Pro rolling duffel bag.
I wore the gloves during play, a little snug, but work great on the field. (I heard later they ARE making a 2XL glove) The first day, I didn't get any of the 'black hand syndrome' but every time I’ve used them since, about 4, my hands have come out very black and takes a couple days of scrubbing to return to normal.
I wore the Roller Hockey pants for the second of the 2 days I played at cup, and after 1 game, the crotch was ripping out.
I took them back to the booth that day, and all they could do was take a picture of the pants, and say, "sorry, we have no more of those". I took them back the next day to show someone else and all they said that the NX Pro pants wont have that problem because of how the stretch material in the crotch is shaped and sewn, but all they would do was offer me a shirt or hat. A bit disappointed, I wound up with a Nexed shirt.
As for the bag. It fits practically all my paintball equipment. (that’s saying a LOT) I have 4 guns, 4 air systems(114ci,91ci,+2 68ci), 2 warps, 2 loaders, redz 6pc. barrel bag, full freak kit (minus case), redz4.3 with tubes, pants, gloves, jersey, cleats, kneepads, elbow pads, goggles, lenses, tool box, squeegees, podswab, radarChron, misc. parts, hoses, batteries and more all jammed in that bag. Makes it quite easy to keep all my toys together and take to the field.

I'm still waiting on my pants, it's been 31 days as of today since I bought them.. I called today and they said the pants will be in next week and they will be mailed out the next day.

Blazingace
11-21-2002, 06:53 PM
That is a *****in' website. I really like the gloves and jersey. I might consider buying some of it. I would have to see them in real life before I buy though.

personman
11-21-2002, 06:56 PM
Its a nice website.. and those NXPRO pants look pretty sweet.. If only I had the money to blow on paintball paints..

land hurricane
11-21-2002, 07:05 PM
Great job on the site. Like others have said nice intro and music.

But unfortuantlly(sp) the pants and bags didnt load on mine either. oh well? but again great job!

AlabamaMan
11-21-2002, 07:38 PM
I love the gloves, and the pants are cool too. I would probably get a pair of each if i hadn't just bought my RT-Pro.

And by the way you have the coolest shopping cart on the net.

DiRTyBuNNy
02-11-2003, 12:26 PM
I picked up a pair of the nx pro pants and gloves. The pants are nice and super baggy and are made a little bit on the big side. The gloves are nice but I did find somethings I didn't like about them; they need a little bit more stretch in the top and side of the glove because I had a pair of XXL's and they were still a little tight when I rolled my wrist or cocked my hand to shoot with my elbow tucked in all the way. I would love to be able to get one of the NX Pro rolling duffles but only if I could get it for the show price at the Expo or the Super7...