PDA

View Full Version : boo-yaah owners important news

magman518
08-21-2001, 03:30 PM
This was originaly posted by Riddler236:

I found this on another paintball website and thought you all would appreciate the news:
---------------------------------------------------
For those of you that have a Boo-yaah frame or if you are thinking of buying one and you're worried about if there is anyone out there to help you if you need service, well worry no more.
Let me back-step for a moment. I purchased a Boo-yaah frame around April of this year. I bought one of the first ones, Version 2.0. It worked Great out of the box and it was REALLY impressive at the MXS Blanding game in Florida. But a week after that game, my frame all of a sudden stopped working. It wouldn't charge and it only would flash the "splash" screen. Well that was about the time that no one could get to the Boo-yaah site and the rumors started flying about the company being out of business. I was screwed, to say the least.
After doing a little hunting, I got a hold of Jay of the Hobby shop in GA. and he gave me a number to someone that supposedly could help.
I talked with Kim of Mako Paintball Products (they actually are the ones that built the frames in the first place) and she said that they are now handling all business with the frames and they will handle a limited warrenty for all current owners. Cant's answer what the warrenty will be for furture owners, but I bet it's the same.
It's going to cost me all of 14 bucks and the shipping cost to send it to them. Not bad for something that a week ago looked like it was a $240 paperweight.
I asked if I could post their information on the web and she gave me permission and said that they will also have their email and website up within the next week.
So here it is and please make sure that you pass the info along to any other Boo-Yaah Frame owners or anyone that is thinking of buying one. Think of it as piece of mind. Mako Paintball Products wants to be sure to make a good long and lasting impression on the world of paintball.

RusskiX
08-21-2001, 04:48 PM
Not very reassuring considering I couldn't find anything running mako paintball through two search engines and there is no contact info available. Not to mention that "Mako Paintball" is not a nationally recognized paintball manufacturer. And it certainly doesn't help those poor sods who lost their markers when Boo-yaah packed up in the middle of the night and left through the back...

magman518
08-21-2001, 11:01 PM
up

Templar007
08-22-2001, 02:59 AM
I read somewhere that Mako was a division of National Paintball Supply. I'm pretty sure thats what I read. Try a search at www.pbnation.com (http://www.pbnation.com) I think thats where I read it.

st6212
08-22-2001, 06:06 AM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RusskiX:
Not very reassuring considering I couldn't find anything running mako paintball through two search engines and there is no contact info available. Not to mention that "Mako Paintball" is not a nationally recognized paintball manufacturer. And it certainly doesn't help those poor sods who lost their markers when Boo-yaah packed up in the middle of the night and left through the back...</font>

If you read his post, they did say that their website wasn't up yet. So if it isn't up yet....then your not going to be able to search for it. At least its some good news.

Load SM5
08-23-2001, 06:39 PM
Stumbled across this...

Mako Paintball Products
4041 Dupage Ave
Lombard, IL 60148
630 705 9293

Should help out all you poor, unfortunate souls who bought those frames... http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Black vert.feed E-mag
68/4500 Dynaflow
12" Freak

Psycho Chicken
08-23-2001, 08:30 PM
Yes Dorthy, Mako is a real company that is now going into business for themselves. You see they first make the boo-yah frames and barrels. But boo-yah screwed them as well as all the other people. So bout a week or so before ZAP they decided to go into the business (paintball) for themseleves.

------------------
it's MISTER CHICKEN to you, punk!!

PsychoMag
08-24-2001, 11:12 PM
<font face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Templar007:
I read somewhere that Mako was a division of National Paintball Supply. I'm pretty sure thats what I read. Try a search at www.pbnation.com (http://www.pbnation.com) I think thats where I read it. </font>

I deal with National Paintball every week in their showroom, and they do not make the frames. National, makes Proball, ZAP, 32Degrees, and it is all over the showroom, they dont even sel the frames, they sell the centerflag ones because they are built better

------------------
PsychoMag..."Dogger"
RTP00440, Benchmark Offset Adj. HPA Cradle, Pro-Connect, 12"AA, 12"DYE SS, 12"Boomie, 14"JJ Ceramic, 68/4500 NitroDuck Tuffy, 12Revvie, Warp.
Team ArchAngels
www.angelfire.com/extreme2/archangels"
No Skill, No Talent, All Heart" ~ Oh Pawlak