PDA

View Full Version : VIEWLoader REV'S???

OutRage86
11-20-2002, 07:13 PM
my dad just recently bought a 12 vlt Rev. When I was playing with it, the neck broke off, just from running with it.It didnt hit anything and no one touched it. A few weeks earlier ,y friend was playing with his Rev and BAM same thing happened to him. I emailed or " sent a request" to viewloader stating that this shouldnt happen, from a BRAND new Product. They havent sent me a reply in a week and a half. I have no money to buy a new shell, warped sportz wants 25.00 just for a shell. FORGET THEM! This tends to be happening only to the newer style shells though. ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THIS!

FutureMagOwner
11-20-2002, 07:17 PM
dont expect anything from viewloader EVER if that request form exists it probably goes to nowhere.

anyway you can probably pick up a new shell for 6 bucks online somewhere

yeahthatsme
11-20-2002, 07:41 PM
www.paintballgear.com has them for around $13 for both sides.

EsPo
11-20-2002, 07:46 PM
other places sell shells seperately for 6 bucks.. thats the cheapest ive seen.. try all your pball websites

spazzed
11-20-2002, 07:46 PM
That's the reason you don't buy that BE crap. Go w/ a Pre-BE revy if you can find one.

Trunnion
11-20-2002, 07:47 PM
same thing happened to four of the revvy's sold by my local shop. they said that they'll send them back and get us new ones at no extra cost. i'm not sure if it's the store that's covering the cost, or viewloader, but the impression they gave me was that viewloader is going to replace them

OutRage86
11-20-2002, 07:52 PM
I can get the shell for 6.00 at 888paintball.com, the fact is i shouldnt have to pay. But better than 25.00 or 13.00.
Last you know how hard it is to find a PRE BE rev..
also the thing is warps shells are Pre BE thats the thing! ahhhhh i hate BE! AND WARPED!

syk
11-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Same thing happened to me. Had a brand new 12v w/X-Board, I was just standing around in the stanging area talking when all of a sudden the revvys neck snaps and there goes a hopper full of paint. Sad thing is I didn't dive into a bunker or bang it into anything, the piece of crap just fell right off.

halB
11-20-2002, 08:26 PM
you wont get any love from tehm if you email them, you gotta call them up and talk to them in person, i believe they have a number on their website. anyways, how do u tell whether a shell is pre-be or not

Halliday
11-20-2002, 08:31 PM
I broke 2 new black 12v X-board Revs just by putting them on my Mag. Both broke at the neck. I returned the 1st one to the local store I bought it from, and the replacement broke too. When I went back I just asked for one that would not break and they gave me a clear one.

The shop said the black ones were breaking and getting sent back.

Kevmaster
11-20-2002, 08:52 PM
first of all, CALL BE! have you thouht of CALLING the manufacturer?? 1-877-877-GAME. ask to speak to Terry Nuemaster, hes the head of R&D/QC

hell hook you up

IF HE DOESNT, I haev good contacts at BE and if you send me your broken shells, i can get you two new shells. just to be sure, is this one of the new XBoard revvies or a preXB revvie??

oh, and the current BE revs are STRONGer than the original PreBE revs, so dont argue that...BE didnt f' everything up like people say they did...jeez!

Trunnion
11-20-2002, 08:55 PM
my shop said the same thing, Halliday. it seems to be only the black shells, but the clear ones they sold seem to be fine. i pulled mine out of the elbow and the hopper neck stayed there while the rest of the hopper just came away. didn't put any serious stress on it or anything, it just came right off.

EDIT: all four that were returned to my shop, including mine, were x-board revs. i believe they were all bought over the summer. mine was, anyway

sniper1rfa
11-20-2002, 09:40 PM
unfortunately, kevmaster, your wrong.

yes, the material they used is great for some things, it is waaay to brittle for a hopper. ive gone through 3 sets of clear shells. i called the last time, and they said they were, in fact, having problems with the black ones. but whatever, im sick of it. im getting a HALO.

CpSuPeRkId
11-20-2002, 09:48 PM
ya im outrage86s good friend and teammate. that one kids hopper broke while playin at my house. he just took a step on the break..... all of a sudden it just cracks over. i think BE should get on top of this. i mean why sell a product if its going to be worse?? i dont understand. what was so hard about keeping the shells the way they were??? i love revvys and it was time for a new one so i just bought a crappy rev w/ a messed up board for 20 bucks. i went to warped sportz and bought an old style shell for 20. then bought an x board for 10. so basically i went through all that trouble and ended up payin the same price it cost to get a revvy brand new. i just did it cuz i cnat stand the new shells.

Kevmaster
11-20-2002, 09:55 PM
the new Polycarbonate bodys??

the NEW ones that are straight from BE?? ive done testing, as has WARPIG and they stand up better to impact than the originals... Reference (http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/xboard/index.shtml)

Spray Painter
11-20-2002, 09:55 PM
i ahd my revvy(w/ x board) for a 3 months, gave it to my friend to use at his turney and when he gave it back all the gears were striped inside. never buying BE again:mad:

Kevmaster
11-20-2002, 10:35 PM
i guess ill never win the PRO BE arguement....

Trunnion
11-20-2002, 10:54 PM
kevmaster, if the feed necks keep breaking off, what difference does it make HOW strong the body is? a hopper doesn't do you much good if it won't stay on the gun.

ShortyBP
11-21-2002, 09:17 AM
kevmaster... it's not that we're simply jumping on the anti-BE bandwagon on this issue...

I have ALWAYS recommended Revies over any other hopper type.
I will no longer do so.

Four of my teammates have bought the new-style Revies... ALL FOUR had broken hopper necks the first day of use.

The hopper shells are now made in China apparently... cost-cutting measure? Maybe, but it's backfiring. I had huge promise on the new Revy shells based on the Warpig test... but now either think that the shells were changed post-test... or that the shell body is fine, but they never tested the feedneck.

The problem with this new plastic is that it does not "give". The old plastic was softer and would bend and conform... this plastic is RIGID, and is about as forgiving as a bullet to the temple.

One of my teammates mentioned above brought the hopper back to the store he bought it from... at that time, they (Pev's Paintball in VA) had no less than NINETEEN returned Revies due to broken feednecks. ALL FEEDNECKs. That is a sign of a problem. And it's gonna come back and bite VL/BE in the butt if they don't fix it.
Rather than return it, he simply removed the internals and put them in a used set of shells.

I have nine VL Revies in my possession, pre-BE and post-BE. I have never had a problem with any of them in all their years of use (which is why I have always recommended them)... if the new ones are supposed to be "improved"... perhaps someone should walk on over to VL/BE and open up a Websters to show them the meaning of the word.

:(

ShortyBP

digitard
11-21-2002, 01:25 PM
<--- starts lookin' at Halo B's

:)

So far my Revvy 12v has been fine ... ** knocks on wood **

Sincerely,
Dave K

Brian68mag
11-21-2002, 01:32 PM
I sold my old Red revvie PRe BE with installed Xboard for 20 bucks to someone who really needed one but was tight on cash. I bought one from 888 and its been alright so far... hope it keeps up.
Im scared now lol.

ShortyBP
11-21-2002, 01:45 PM
If you've recently purchased one, and it's been alright so far... chances are, you'll be okay. A lot of places will still have older revies in their inventories.

Next time you get a chance, open it up and see if it has "Made in China" stamped on the inside. If it does, just be sure to be careful when you remove it/put it on your gun.

sniper1rfa
11-21-2002, 02:57 PM
kevmaster, im not anti BE. if you check, im a registered member at BEOG, specifically i used to post in the ROG.

i just really have a problem with the new shells. i dont care how strong it is if they keep breaking off.

FalconGuy016
11-21-2002, 03:57 PM
im glad I chose the ricochet AK, which is amazing btw
not the 2k, the AK, http://www.pbreview.com/874/1/0/

OutRage86
11-21-2002, 04:29 PM
I just called terry and he redirected me to customer service. They told me I have to send the stupid thing with the receipt in to get a new REV. NOW I have to pay shipping, and find the receipt that I dont have! This is terrible service if you ask me. For my halo, all i had to do was email odyssey to tell them it broke, and bam they sent me a BRand SPAnkin new shell. NO ?s ASKED....

Thordic
11-21-2002, 04:30 PM
kevmaster - I did a little test with one of the BRAND new BE polycarb shells.

I bought it from Restola, who was selling it BECAUSE of a broken feed neck. I knew there was a problem with broken feed necks on the newer shells, so I decided to check the integrity of the shell.

I pounded on that thing like it slept with my girlfriend. I BARELY managed to crack it. The shell is EXTREMELY impact resistant.

HOWEVER, breaking the feed neck isn't a result of impact. It's a question of either compression or torque, or possibly just a weak spot in the mold.

But in any case, I agree, for impact resistance, they are great, I don't think you'd ever see one of these break from a paintball impact. However, it's the feed neck thats the problem.

personman
11-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Hay, I'm not Anti BE, In fact, I proved that BE > AGD at SCAO! :p
;)
I bought my Java 12v Rev Around January and I diddnt have to replace a shell until I sold my warp (it had holes in it)

Automaggin2
11-21-2002, 04:57 PM
My revvy just broke the last time i used it. it wa old, but it still broke. Im going to order a Richiceht prolly

sniper1rfa
11-21-2002, 08:50 PM
i actually think i know what it is. a hot spot in the mold. when i melted my revvie and played a day, cracks formed around the edges of the melted part (as well as the feed neck).

so yeah, around the feed neck the mold must be a much different temperature. (this would also cause some tension in the plastic. similar to pouring boiling water in a thick, untempered glass.)

FalconGuy016
11-22-2002, 03:39 PM
gah I need kevmaster to read this

freq
11-22-2002, 04:55 PM
take it back too where u bought it from!!!!!if they r a real shop they will hook u up!!!!!

banzaimf
11-22-2002, 05:00 PM
I am with Kevmaster that the new BE rev's are made of a stronger polycarbonate. But at the same time, it appears that the polycarbonate is more brittle than the earlier plastics. Check out Ti. That stuff is super strong, but when it comes time to break... there it goes (ask the russian navy about Akula class subs).

I too have seen quite a few more broken feed necks coming out with the stock x-board equipped rev's (these happened pretty close to the same time). And primarily in black. Odd.....

Halliday
11-22-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by banzaimf
I too have seen quite a few more broken feed necks coming out with the stock x-board equipped rev's (these happened pretty close to the same time). And primarily in black. Odd.....

I really to think that there is something wrong with the black one. I broke 2 just putting then in an APP Atomic elbow. I've had my new clear (but old-style w/o "X-board" printed on the outside) and had no problems with several days of play.