PDA

View Full Version : Wierd problem with e-mag and slidecheck valve

jwgreene
11-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Hi All.
I installed a slide check type valve on my e-mag. One where you press the button and it comes apart. I am running it with macroline. I had no problems when shooting slow, but the minute I start shooting fast the thing would pop off on me. You cannot put it back together until you degass the marker.. I fo course had to figure this out in the first game of a tourny.. Any clues what is happening ?

toymyster
11-21-2002, 12:43 AM
Defective connector!!! That would not create a safe situation!! You need to take care of that right away!!

jwgreene
11-21-2002, 06:08 AM
Oh I did. I took it off after the first game. It help the pressure no problem but it whipped right off there when it came undone... Anyone know a good place to get these online for cheap ?

Oddball
11-21-2002, 02:30 PM
It sounds like you have a pro-connect and it is on backwards. Pro-connects pop apart when the button is pushed with the female end keeping the pressure in the line while the male connect end bleeds the air out of the line. The male end should be connected to the gun and the female to the tank. That way the gun is automatically degassed once the pro-connect is popped open.

Did it pop off once or several times?

jwgreene
11-21-2002, 02:39 PM
hrm.. The male end is plugged into my valve.. and the female end is connected to my macro line which is connected to my tank. It actually would pop out anytime I would start to rapid fire... I could shoot like 1 shot, wait then shoot another, and keep going and it would be fine. When I would try to shoot as fast as I could it would pop open... No gas would be released, just pop open. I would then degass and could reconnect.

SeeK
11-22-2002, 02:33 AM
Is the ProConnect hard to push on if gas is applied? I have the 1st generation and it would pop off if I wiggled it. The pressure on the connector was so high on those that every time it moved the button would be depressed a little bit more until it popped off. You don't hear the degass from the valve because it happens very quickly and is much quieter than the popping noise.