PDA

View Full Version : Electros bad for futur of sport u can get them so cheap that newbi can get them

E=Mag MAN
08-22-2001, 07:48 PM
Okay im accually worried were paintball is going!I think there is way to many electro guns u can now get a electro for under 200 dollars premierd at zap.Kingman is coming out with amg electro wich will be cheap and aforadable.PGI has new cheap guns (electro)the paintball gun world is becoming all electronic i dont like that.i think the mix is fun. I know tourney ball is almost all electro but thats a little diferent i think.im talking about walk ons imagin all the times u accidently shoot your mnarker in staging area but u always have your plug think of how many times u just accidently shoot it.Now imagin hwo many times u see a newbi without his mask on on feild because he gothot or couldnt see.Now think of hwo many newbies dont have ther barrel plug in okay okay now think of how many times they will accidently shoot ther gun with out plug with other newbi who dont have mask on i smell alotmore injuries.i just think cheap electro so everybody has electro is bad for sport make sit somehwat un fun for everybody on teh feild to shoot 15 bps i fi could have paintball anyway i wish it would of stayed the way it was in 1987 thats when i was born bu to stalk and play with pumps is 10 more times funwish it stayed that way.im not stero typing newbis i help newbies and talk to them asnswer all questions try to be nice caus ei knwo how it is to be new and treated like trash because u didnt own a 1000 dollar gun. my point is i think all thses electros are bad. does anybody agree with me
i shoot emag but i am starting tournyball and play front tap i need a fast gun but does the average rec player thats what is happening at my feild

Ni cD
08-22-2001, 07:58 PM
I think it will make the game more intense, but you have a good point.

Cha0tic
08-22-2001, 08:08 PM
there is a topic in deep blue about this. its a pretty debatable topic.

User
08-22-2001, 08:38 PM
It is a good point, but it's just like everything else; when something more sophisticated emerges on the market, the industry (and most of the players) jump on it to have the advantage they see in the equipment. Electronics in Paintball (not only on the markers) have brought out revolutionary and beneficial ideas, as everyone has seen, such as anti-chop eyes, faster feeding sytems, etc. (although some of these were developed to comply with the insane firing rates and advancements. http://www.automags.org/ubb/wink.gif). Overall, I see the electronic revolution as a benefit to our sport, rather than a bad thing.

Just because Paintball seems to be evolving into the "electro age" doesn't mean all is lost. I have seen pump players at our field 10x better than those with electros, and are respected even more. Over half of the people I see at my field do not use electros, and sometimes amaze me by how they play.

About the safety issue, I agree with your concern. Accidental firing has surprised me on the field sometimes just by brushing my finger on the trigger. Until some way of absolute security for all types of markers is found, there most likely will be accidents due to improper handling or misuse of any paintball marker. Newbies should be informed of the caution they must take when using an electronic marker, and some of it may just be laziness to read the manual or such. Nothing comes to my mind when thinking about how the "safety enforcement" could be endorsed better at this point, except only taking it upon yourself to talk to the person if he/she isn't using or holding the marker in a safe way. I haven't seen a problem yet with a newbie using an electro at my field.

Nitroduck
08-22-2001, 08:42 PM
The only saftey concern is if they have arming switches and if they are easy to accidentally switch off/on.

Also, by the way, most of these affordable electros do not have the super sweet triggers the better electros have. The ZAP has more of a PVI shocker trigger pull as opposed to a angel or emag....Which do not have the mouse click triggers that can accidentally go off.

magman007
08-22-2001, 08:52 PM
ok first off there are still a crap load of cockers on the turny scene, electros that cheep are made be cause they will sell! people thin they are the macdady of paintball guns, this is why agd was smart and released the e-mag and is releasing the modular e-mag, so they will apeal to the masses!!! It is all about money

------------------
you ever notice how elves do everyting???

Magadeth
08-22-2001, 08:55 PM
IMO, the best way to deal with safety is to instill an ethic of self policeing among the players. Thats how it is where I play, If a newbie takes his goggles off during a game you will hear a chorus of "PUT YOUR GOGGLES ON!" from as many players who see it happen. It's the same way with barrel plugs in the safe area.

If players watch out for the newbs and make it a mark of experience to do so, things should be just fine.

Last week we had one new guy who kept on violating our safety rules. After the third incedent, a bunch of us older players really jumped down his throat about eye loss and responsibility. Later that day I heard him yelling at a friend of his during a game to put his goggles back on. Hopefully his attitude was changed for good, and he will now instill it in his friends.

E=Mag MAN
08-22-2001, 09:26 PM
thx for your replys so far been about 2 hours hehe like to see more post i want to her ehwat everybody has to say keep em coming your right baout one thing though it will make it more intense hehe

------------------
E-MAG with warp and a flatline.

WORKS GREAT

Miscue
08-22-2001, 09:32 PM
As requested, cleaned up your posts. All the bad stuff, and things connected... gone now.

-Miscue

------------------
"Don't mill your tank." - Miscue

Miscue's Profile (http://www.liquidmagma.com/automags/miscue.php)

slayer
08-23-2001, 06:36 AM
I have a few opinions on this topic. First, even though I don't play in a tournament I own an e-mag; why? because I wanted one. The quality is topnotch and I am more accurate with it because I am not exerting as much force as I would for a mechanical gun. Why not let anyone have as much firepower as they want? Just because I can hose doesn't mean I always do, nor does it mean I shoot people excessively. It isn't the gun thats dangerous, its the people.
Secondly I want to bring up the qualm I have about barrel plugs. I think they install a false sense of safety in everyone. I hate when people point their gun wherever with a barrel plug in. Those fly out too you know. Now there are barrel condoms and I think they are great but there will NEVER be a substitute for safe gun handling in the staging area. I think that barrel plugs have become a way for fields to sidestep the ignorance of some player by not explaining safe handling rules, and just telling people to put them in. Barrel stoppers are definitely added safety devices when used correctly but are unsafety devices when used as a substitute for safe gun handling practices.

mykroft
08-23-2001, 09:25 AM
Well, The new Zap electro's have a trigger like a cap gun, and top out at 11bps. The recent Wayne Dollack Scenario at Wasga Beach Painball gave 2 of them away before going on the grand prize: A MiniMag. Frankly I'd take a stock Spyder or Pirahna over that POS anyday. The new Spyder AMG and Pirahna G3 Pro-E are going to be more money, and probably in the same pricerange as a Rainmaker, with about the same performance (ie: fast but LOUD)

------------------
Mykroft Holmes IV
------------------
My Mags:
CF11023, Classic Feed, 16" CP .689, 14" JnJ Stainless, Ring trigger, WGP Reg, Diamond Labs Ti Reg Adjuster.

VV00614(Valve)/VV00423(reg), Black Teflon HR Powerfeed, 16" SP AA,14" JnJ Ceramic, AGD Intelliframe Blade, Benchy Crossfire cradle/on-off, black foregrip, Macroline.
PMI 48/3K Preset HPA

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" R.A.Heinlein - 'The Moon is a Harsh Mistress'

MinimagRockin'
08-23-2001, 12:19 PM
I agree that these new cheap electronic guns are silly. It seems that they are only being produced because they will sell and not because they are actually good guns. It does kind of show quality semis in a new light though since anyone would probably prefer a mag or cocker over a $200 electronic spyder. So it does further disprove the misconception that just because it is electronic that doesn't make it an elite paintball gun.

martlet1
08-23-2001, 02:36 PM
i played a little top gun this weekend , and during 10 games i used less than 400 rounds in my micromag. its playing paintball, not paintball gun. I won 8 of 10 games against angels, cockers, and even rental guns. One guy with the rental tipman beat 4 angels and 2 cockers to take 2nd place... so ..... take it as you may on this one.

Trenon
08-23-2001, 03:12 PM
Guys i think the real issue here is that these new electro markers arejust the standard spyder/pirahna with an electric trigger. These guns were not made to pull the rof that the triggers can do, nor were they made for large volume shooter which one becomes when they get an electro in their hands. I personally feel sorry for whoever buys these guns because they will constantly be replacing sears, bolts and many other parts that get torn to shreads when they fire the crap out of the gun.

Ni cD
08-23-2001, 04:45 PM
Ok, I know this is OT...but - do any of you guys know where I can find pics of these new Zap markers?

E-Mag man
08-23-2001, 04:56 PM
I agree with trenon he has a good point. And why does everyone copy my name?
I got it first you cant have it http://www.automags.org/ubb/tongue.gif j/k

------------------
force it, if it breaks it
needed to be replaced
anyway

woody 2
08-23-2001, 05:13 PM
yeah i think its kind of bad...but remember it is Inevitable... and it will contual at the growth rate untill guns cease to run off of nitro/c02...im tlaking about guns that are completely ran off of electronics...pop some big old D size batteries and the suction tube loader that is strapped to your back and youll be ready to spit 30BPS... and why do you do it? because everyone else does it and you dont want to have your butt smeared all over the place beacause your marker cant keep up...yes its very hypothetical but i actually see this as the future. i bet people from the past never thoght they would see ana ngel, or e-mag... and certainly not a warp feed. LOL they be appauled that we had to get warp feeds because our 12v revies alone could not keep up .... or we had to sell our 12 and 9v's for evoltuiions because we need the secusrity of the 18 bps...cuz some guns can almost do it

woody 2
08-23-2001, 05:14 PM
yee i know i am a horrible typer

C¥borg
08-23-2001, 07:00 PM
I love electros, but occasionaly at the field I play at, the owner does a pump only day, it's the only time I can goggle someone or be goggled from the full distance of the field, I notice I just take more time aiming and try to make every shot count, I just wish I was patient enough with my e-mag to do that.

Meric
08-23-2001, 11:04 PM
I've been playing PB since 1993 and I must admit that the game has changed. I see very few pumps on the field. People are always drooling over the electro markers and wishing they had one. In a sense I feel that the skill of playing PB has turned for the worse. The semis came around and everyone had to have it. Even if it meant less gas efficiency and accuracy. People talk of ROF and how great it is, but forget that the more paint you shot the more you have to pay for paint and 100+ rounds to take out one guy just doesn't take any skill. There was a guy I met once at SC Village that had a pump. He's been playing since the 80s, so he has seen the changes in PB. This guy played with a pump, 100 round hopper, and a 7oz tank. He tells me that he doesn't shot more then 200 rounds for the entire day. I watch him play and was just amazed. I was his back if he comes across a large group of semis. He shots only when he's ready and sure. This guy was the one to watch out for in the field. If he sees you before you see him, you'll be out within three shots. And most of the time, the person he hit never saw it coming. Pump guns must be the quietest marker around. He got more people out in one day then I or anybody I know would have in a month. His skills in PB helped changed my way of playing. I have a lot of respect for pump players.

As for Electros being bad for the future of our sport... I say no and yes. No because technology is always advancing and makes our markers that much more fun to play with. More fun = more players. And our sport will continue to grow because of it. Who knows, maybe E-markers might become safer in the future.

Why, yes? The fact that the marker can fire at such a high rate can be dangerous. In the wrong hands, a marker can cause a lot of damage. It's is important that we teach the new players (and sometimes old) the rights and wrongs of the game and their marker. Safety is always a priority and should be enforced by everyone. Not just the refs. And for those of you who have E-markers and think that your "All that" because of your equipment, just remember there are guys out there who can hit you with a single shot with a pump gun that cost less the 1/10 of your E-markers. The game is about skill.

-Meric-

Hasty8
08-24-2001, 11:27 PM
I think that this inevitably happens to all sports. I am sure that the skateboarding or baseball purists, those who struggled to get the sport recognized would be upset with the way it is today.

You have to realize that in order for the game to become more accepted it will have to metamorphisize. That is without a doubt the key to the games success.

As for which markers I use. I use 2 non-electro semis and an Emag. Depending on the mood I am in and the location I am playing will dictate the marker I use. Tonight, for example, I am heading to High Velocity, an indoor field near my house. Even though I could probably range across the entire field with my Flatline 98 I will most definately use my Emag. My brother and his friend will be using the Flatlines.

bryceeden
03-27-2007, 06:39 PM
First I know this is a huge thread resurection but I was reading it and thought. What do you think people back then would say about the high speed of lower end markers of today? Interesting thought anywyay.

shorty24
03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
I think the guy who started the thread would've instigated WW3 here with his horrendous spelling, grammar, and all around munched together and impossible to read post... :rolleyes:

warbeak2099
03-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I think I might of read this if:

1) The thread starter had a valid, lucid point.
2) I could read whatever foriegn language he/she was typing in.
3) I didn't feel like I was reading a 10yos diary.

Opinions are wonderful if they are well thought out and presented in an intelligent manner. Otherwise they are useless.

Dark Side
03-27-2007, 06:58 PM
I've seen plebty of people with $1000+ guns get taken by a Phantom, and then promtly sell off their $1000+ marker to pick up a pump. Sure there might be problems with some people but you just need policing by the majority to set things straight.

Russ
03-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I think I might of read this if:

1) The thread starter had a valid, lucid point.
2) I could read whatever foriegn language he/she was typing in.
3) I didn't feel like I was reading a 10yos diary.

Opinions are wonderful if they are well thought out and presented in an intelligent manner. Otherwise they are useless.

Damn! :wow:

thing is, I agree 100%. It's sad to see America's youth unable and unwilling to absorb and utilize their education. I wonder if E=Mag MAN ever got an edgikashun?

bryceeden
03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Damn! :wow:

thing is, I agree 100%. It's sad to see America's youth unable and unwilling to absorb and utilize their education. I wonder if E=Mag MAN ever got an edgikashun?

After six years I hope so. But anyway my point was simply its funny that back then people where worried about an E-spyder that was capped at 13bps. Now every one and thier dog can get an Ion and beat that(at least until the board fries and/or it starts leaking out of everywhere :D ) times have definatly changed.

gunslinger7
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Man, I wish we could all go back to the 80's. It was all so much simpler then. :rolleyes:

If you had more than 15 rounds in your feedtube, you were considered god. :hail:

skife
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
man, this post is before i was on this forum.... wow

FlawleZ
03-27-2007, 11:47 PM
man, this post is before i was on this forum.... wow

Well that's not too shocking as the forums has been around since ~2000 or so.

skife
03-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Well that's not too shocking as the forums has been around since ~2000 or so.

i've been here since feb of 03... so a little more than half the forums life.

personman
03-28-2007, 12:46 AM
This thread makes me giggle.
Mostly because the posters from 6 years ago, when I first joined, didn't care about the poster's grammar.
Then flash forward to 2007 and everyone flames him.

AO really has gone down hill. :)

Al_Steel
03-28-2007, 05:15 AM
Holy thread resurrection Batman! - ok, now that I got that out of my system...

Who here can remember when the introduction of the 68 Special was going to mean the DEATH of our sport as we knew it? :p

I remember ooohing and ahhhing over a 68 and an SMG 60. We had to rearrange our games to make it "fair" for the other poor saps that were only running pumps. Later, if someone showed up with a Mag.. well that was game over right there. :) j/k

Semi's made things more interesting but it also made you a better pump player. They were also real good at increasing your paint budget. Now semi's are commonplace and pumps, well you gotta be a special kind of crazy to run a pump today. When electro's came out it was dejavu, people screaming the "electros are coming! Run for your lives!" Now they are everywhere and they are fun but they have their drawbacks too. Have they made the game more "intense"? Yeah I guess, but what they have really proven themselves good at is increasing paint sales, not eliminations. I'll take my mech against a e-marker anyday... especially a rainy one. :D

Desega
03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
LOL this thread brings back memories. I remember swearing off electro's becuase they were too finicky. Now I own an Intimidator, e-mag, and e-hoppers. Thankz :p

hmudd13
03-29-2007, 12:46 AM
It's like giving the keys to a top fuel dragster, to a 12 year old.
I remember being shot 5 times by a guy with a ramping marker after I missed with my pump. It was from 30 ft. There were trees......
Not a problem.
It was the 15 I took, out of about 20 fired, as I was leaving the area. I was in the open and putting my barrel plug in. The kid said "sorry, I didn't know it was on full auto"

In the wrong hands it's still not a closed issue :tard:

Jimmykaboots
03-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Man, I wish we could all go back to the 80's. It was all so much simpler then. :rolleyes:

If you had more than 15 rounds in your feedtube, you were considered god. :hail:

Dude I am so with you lol! I wish paintball was really played like the olden days! I don't like these ropes and raining of paint coming at me. I use a 68 classic automag with a 40 round hopper, and when I feel trigger happy, I take out the BIG hopper, the 50 round pocket hopper! OOOO insane madness! My pod pack? One pod. Total paintballs used for a tournament, a bag of 500 for the whole day, ah the good ol days. Sides, it's more fun to actually have to aim, than just lay streams of paint out there. What a waste of good money.

Dover
03-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Read my ReTro valve review at www.pbreview.com

I brought out four markers, DM4 and two electro Cockers later, the only the worked was a mechanical ReTro valve AutoMag.

And the good old reliable mechanical Mag didn't break a single ball ALL DAY.

Pneumagger
03-29-2007, 02:47 AM
I remember saying I'll never go electro. Yeah, I got an E cannon nowadays and LOVE electros. :rolleyes:

I remember though when someone would show up with a cocker or minimag, and everyone got scared.

viper-mayhem
03-29-2007, 09:35 AM
I started with electro's and went thru a few. Now I just bought my first Mech Marker, ULE RT Pro and getting an old Bob Long Autococker to build a pump.
Is it me or has Speedball using Mech's and Pumps gotten harder and faster? Seems to me that the Pump Players are now playing as hard and fast as the electro players if not faster.

skife
03-29-2007, 10:59 AM
I started with electro's and went thru a few. Now I just bought my first Mech Marker, ULE RT Pro and getting an old Bob Long Autococker to build a pump.
Is it me or has Speedball using Mech's and Pumps gotten harder and faster? Seems to me that the Pump Players are now playing as hard and fast as the electro players if not faster.

when pump players get on the field i watch out for them. usually they are good.
I usually find myself playing better after i play a few games of pump.

FromTheBack
03-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Read my ReTro valve review at www.pbreview.com

I brought out four markers, DM4 and two electro Cockers later, the only the worked was a mechanical ReTro valve AutoMag.

And the good old reliable mechanical Mag didn't break a single ball ALL DAY.

There is a steep learning curve with electros and you have to fully understand them by educating yourself before you expect them to work all the time.

They are tempermental but when things get high performance that's almost always how it is eh?

Show me a perfect paintball gun and I'll call you Jesus :hail:
(Although the mini is getting very close to it...)

Empyreal Rogue
03-29-2007, 12:43 PM
I remember though when someone would show up with a cocker or minimag, and everyone got scared.

haha I was one of those Mag users in my earliest paintball days.

Simpler times, simpler times...

Desega
03-29-2007, 11:45 PM
LOL I remeber that too. I started with a tigershark, and when my older brother (bryceeden) got a semi-auto stingray, I felt horribly out gunned. Then the jerk got his mag right after I worked my way up to a Bruizer Bandit. Ahh, the memories.