PDA

View Full Version : New Gun Suggestions

PaintballDude05
11-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Hey all!

I have been playin paintball for a long time now and me and some friens have started a team and have played a few tournys. I curently shoot an mildly upgraded 68 automag. I am thinking of upgrading guns but i cant choose. I am debating on a GZ Timmy, Stock Angel, or Matrix. I havent found anyone around here that owns any of these guns, other than an angel, so I cant test them out. I would like to know your opinions on some of the pros and cons of these guns. Thanks!

Gitaroo Man
11-20-2002, 09:51 PM
I would get a GZ Timmy if I were you. My friend owns one and I love it. I am planning on getting one sometime. They have some great upgrades like the WAS board and reaper (i think) trigger. Put a HALO B on that and you will be ripping with it. It doesn't have many problems and if it does they are easy to fix. Just don't mess with the wiring.

I owned a Dark Angel LCD and I liked it but I personally don't like markers with lcd displays and I had some trouble with mine. But, it was nice anyway.

I would go with the GZ if I were you.

CpSuPeRkId
11-20-2002, 09:55 PM
get something thats fast and wont chop. also something you are comfortable playing with. i wouldnt buy a stock angel lcd. i dont see the point of paying 1000 bucks and still being able to chop paint. if u can afford it get an ir3 w/ new mem6 cops2 boards. thats my marker of choice right now and i couldnt be happier with my ir3.i think its the best marker out there right now. i would suggest a viking over a timmy or matrix if u can get your hands on one. a timmy and matrix are still really good markers. either way you cant go wrong with an ir3, gz timmy, viking or matrix. also would you consider an emag?? may not be electro pneumatic and might be a bit uglier, but very affordable, FAST, wont chop with lvl10, and super reliable.

halB
11-20-2002, 09:57 PM
get a minimarker!! short as an alien gun, closed bolt without the pneumatics, and i believe he uses a bolt that cant chop! teh first gen is gonna be available by christmas
http://www.acpaintball.tk
goto projects
minimarker

or get the alien gun, or the war machine assault 80 or whatever the hell it is, get a marker noone has ever seen before

Trench
11-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Try out the GZ... Fast as hell and farily light... Doesn't chop at all and very easy to adjust trigger...

IAMJaws
11-20-2002, 10:45 PM
The GZ Timmy shoots the same as all the other Timmy's, I know, I live in Timmy ville...err... Calgary.

Goldie D Pimp
11-20-2002, 10:49 PM
Check out the new 2k3 bushy. The come stock with a new Ir3'type grip frame, 2 sided ACE, and board capped at 27bps. They're supposed to retail for between 5-600. They're pretty sweet for the price.