PDA

View Full Version : blowback vs. automag

hammy891711
11-20-2002, 10:52 PM
I have a Action Markers Sentinel TS and it is awesome! Can anyone explain to me why automags are "better"? I have never seen an automag before and know nothing about them so I may seem like a moron to you guys but whatever.

hammy891711
11-20-2002, 10:53 PM
I was aslo wandering the differance between automags and cockers and blowbacks and cockers.

CpSuPeRkId
11-20-2002, 11:01 PM
its all about how they are built. blow backs use a spring to drive the hammer foward into a valve. the valve opens up and drives the hammer back into the cocked position getting it ready for another shot also expelling the ball. a cocker uses lots of pneumatics like a 3 way and a ram. it basically shoots like a pump gun, but it cocks itself. hence the name autococker. a mag uses a type of valve called an on/off valve. a chamber gets filled with air behind the bolt. a sear holds the bolt back. when you pull the trigger the sear releases the bolt while turning the on/off valve off so no air can enter the chamber. the bolt moves forward like a cork coming off a bottle of champaigne. thats how they work but they all shoot differently. blow backs are really un-smooth and have a good amount of kick to them. they are also loud. cockers are pretty smooth shooting with barely any kick or noise but are harder to shoot and you have to learn the trigger or you will just shortstroke. a mag is the same way except they can shoot alot faster. the mags design is also very reliable vs. a cocker. hope i helped

halB
11-20-2002, 11:47 PM
mag is the simplest, and most reliable, all however have totally differnet trigger styles, and these alone should determine which one you should buy.

however, by the end of the year blowback will have made major gains, with closed bolt blowback, chopless blowback, and roller sears and everything else you can dream of, including less kick.

MinimagRockin'
11-21-2002, 01:53 AM
Basically no high end gun (that i know of) uses the blowback design...